Declaration of Intent, Structure and Presence

And with this my excitement turns to dismay. Long gone are the days when it is was allowed to run an alliance differently than expected. Now every action you take is being judged by the Powers that Be. Alliances are attacked and killed if they accept members that someone in the NPO doesn't like. This looks like a pretty standard setup to NPO vs GPA again.

I admit that I am very intrigued by what you are doing, and the desire to be a part of it in some way is strong, but I feel you have broken a golden rule in forming a new alliance. The world is different now and the way you intend to run your new alliance will not be compatible. I hope you do well, Ivan, but with the cast of characters that have already applied and (as far as I can tell) gained admittance you will have a hard time doing so.

I don't work in conventional ways. To my own folly this may lead but I don't think so. I believe the Cyberverse is ready for something different. I will not be bullied into excluding nations just because they got on the wrong side of this or that alliance. The nations will be expected to fulfill their obligations and settle their own disputes that they bring in with them but they will still be allowed in.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overreaching and stifling peace agreements are the bane of the Cyberverse.

Well, that makes at least one alliance that gets it (may I count Vox Populi? I am not sure).

Also, must admit I was tempted to join. Good luck, sir.

Well, that makes at least one alliance that gets it (may I count Vox Populi? I am not sure).

Also, must admit I was tempted to join. Good luck, sir.

Well, since the only treaty that Vox has is with 2 alliances that are in permanent war, I don't see why not.

Edited by MegaAros

I don't work in conventional ways. To my own folly this may lead but I don't think so. I believe the Cyberverse is ready for something different. I will not be bullied into excluding nations just because they got on the wrong side of this or that alliance. The nations will be expected to fulfill their obligations and settle their own disputes that they bring in with them but they will still be allowed in.

this will end well...

I will not be bullied into excluding nations just because they got on the wrong side of this or that alliance. The nations will be expected to fulfill their obligations and settle their own disputes that they bring in with them but they will still be allowed in.

Very nice point of view. Let's see if this nations can fulfill their obligations and settle their own disputes, at least they wil have a chance.

Indeed

Will Ivan's status spot the tanks form rolling. Any other alliance would of been attacked by now

Really? Why? Because I am willing to include those that have been cast out from other places in a community? I have stated my peaceful intentions. I have stated that I will not support or oppose the status quo but will simply seek my own path.

I have not offered any nation on a ZI list protection. I have stated that they can join the alliance but that they must handle their business themselves. How is that remotely casus belli?

I have not offered any nation on a ZI list protection. I have stated that they can join the alliance but that they must handle their business themselves. How is that remotely casus belli?

wouldn't that just be basicly ghosting a aa then?

Edited by agnews

wouldn't that just be basicly ghosting a aa then?

No. Ivan stated that the nations would still need to complete their obligations to the alliance. When ghosting, one has no responsibility to the alliance of its ghosting.

Really? Why? Because I am willing to include those that have been cast out from other places in a community? I have stated my peaceful intentions. I have stated that I will not support or oppose the status quo but will simply seek my own path.

Times have changed. Some would indeed consider it a casus belli

First, as to the geekery, I must say I love the reference to the sith code. Was that ripped straight out of KotOR, or is there another game/movie/book that references that?

Also:

If I get more then two then I will be breaking the Sith Code anyway so we will see. Not looking to do anything but have some fun so however it turns out will be fine with me, I will attempt to make it interesting regardless.

As I understood it, that wasn't actually a rule of the sith, but more a case of how things were handled. Remember, the rule of two was never brought up by a sith, but was mentioned by Yoda, saying that anytime one sith was found, that they came in pairs.

You'll notice that when the sith ran things, Jedi operated in the same way, you'd have the master and the apprentice. Sure Palpatine never got any more apprentices after banned member, but that was because he was afraid of a threat. In the story preceding the movies, there were academies of sith much as the jedi academy on Couresaunt. I believe that it's more the practice to stay hidden to stay with only two at a time. The master would always have an apprentice etc.

But I digress. The point here is that it is well possible for there to be more than two sith, just only two at a given time when the Jedi are actively prosecuting them. Now that this New Sith Order has unveiled itself, you can have as many as you wish.

Now if you want to be strictly adherent, separate the master's and apprentices, and try to keep them strictly even. But that's more trouble than it's worth.

[/geekery]

As to the topic of the NSO, good luck to Ivan. It will be interesting to see how far this new project goes. To be honest I never took Ivan as the star wars geek type, so this came as a surprise to me. I'll be keeping an eye on how this goes to be sure.

Welcome to the bastardization of the world we all created. We probably shouldn't have used lead plumbing.

Times have changed. Some would indeed consider it a casus belli

I disagree. We had a 'member' that was an active part of our community throughout his attempts at getting peace from the evil NPO. All NPO asked was what our intentions were. As far as his previous problems were concerned, he was on his own to deal with them as he could. As for anyone else that took issue with him, not stemming from those previous problems, he was for all intents a member of CSN. This worked out well, but sadly an accord between the member and NPO could not be reached. However, CSN was never threatened, harrassed, or attacked over the matter.

Welcome to the bastardization of the world we all created. We probably shouldn't have used lead plumbing.

I'm happy in see that you recognize your part in it. I have a question: Out of curiosity will you join NSO? ^_^

I will not be bullied into excluding nations just because they got on the wrong side of this or that alliance. The nations will be expected to fulfill their obligations and settle their own disputes that they bring in with them but they will still be allowed in.

What if they are unable to get out of their disputes? Are you saying that you will go to war over their pre-existing issue to defend them if they are attacked while listing the NSO AA?

Thanks for the reply in advance and good luck in your new venture.

Ivan Moldavi is one of the few figures who is well enough respected throughout CN to stand a chance of creating an alliance which does not follow traditional norms without being attacked sooner rather than later. The NSO is already large enough (15 members) to be above the raid limit of decent alliances.