Vox Populi Announcement

Doitzel

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't use a sledgehammer to hang a painting.

Actually, I find sledgehammers to be quite useful in that regard if used properly.

I love you a lot, too. Wanna cyber?

Psst. He might be more interested if your alliance could grow. He's used to cybering with big boys, not little ones.

Oh hey great another one of these. We were totally due.

Due? Your time of the month, eh?

You lost about 90% or your membership, failed to achieve your goal and went back on most of what you initially said about treaties, government etc. You showed him good!

Congrats on making it 6 months.

I dont want to see Vox gone or crushed, just a bit of consistency in their policies. You say yourself Vox never planned on being around long so when the Ardus comment was made you generally would have agreed with him and only your gradual shift to a standard alliance model changed that. You could be right about the numbers as far as I can remember you had 200 members at one point, I could be wrong though.

Dont forget how I ended my post, congratulations again.

I understand wha tyou're saying but it's flawed at the base.

In August on the day we formed, we were 11 people pissig on the world for giggles.

A month later, we were no longer 11 people having some fun, we were a couple hundred people with big investments in involving ourselves. We went from an 11-man war-trolling club to a 200-man senator-electing machine/literary club/tech-deal wrecking ball/espionage network.

We have gone from a high of ~200 (some people say 300 but, OOC, I had no internet access for much of our first month so I really don't know /OOC) so, yes, we have "lost" "about 90%" of our membership--inasmuch as an UnspeakableEvil graph would show. But, any ruler which joined, and which was moved in their mind or heart, even once it has dropped our alliance affiliation, to me has not been lost.

As for treaties, I do not recall that we have ever said that, baseline, treaties are bad (or another negative adjective). The nature of the treaty web is bad, the guiding thought behind most treaties is bad, but treaties are not themselves bad.

As for failure to achieve our goal, I and most founding members and proceeding Senators have always noted that it is not Vox Populi that will directly alter many of the things we decry. We cannot militarily defeat the power superstructure, we cannot manipulate alliances into cancelling worthless treaties. No, our goal is to catalyze thought and change, and give hope to the silenced masses, our hope is to see the many things we've talked about come true.

The reason (well, a reason) why no-one will sign your treaty is that aid restriction forbids most inter-alliance trading, considering how many people are at war with Vox. (And no, I don't know what the complete list is either.

Congratulations on six months of unceasing war :P

Quid pro quo. I also thought that we could do without the aid restrictions, but to be honest if an alliance like TGE that has no business attacking us to begin with wants us to withdraw our spies and not raid TGE nations to acquire war funds, then they're going to have to make a real commitment as well as us.

What if UNIMATRIX has gone berzerk a la HAL 9000 and starts giving out the wrong date intentionally?

The NPO military couldn't perform any worse.

I enjoyed this read. I appreciate the occasional long post as opposed to the 9000 posts by Vox members.

Also its nice to see someone able to invoke the trolls like the NAAC announcements used to do back in the day! :P

You'll recall that about half of the announcements by Vox Populi in its opening week were not even actually made by Vox members. For example, a Ragnarok ruler announced one of our NS benchmarks before we even noticed it.

NO U.

Another boring, irrelevant announcement, Doitzel. It's basically a case of "OMG? WUT? WE'RE STILL EXIST!? LETS CELEBRATE! Oh, and while we're at it, shove in some pointless sh*t on NAPs that everyone cares sooooo much about to disguise the fact that we really don't have anything to say." If you made less announcements, and they were more interesting, perhaps people would actually read them.

Voxians, all the same. Attention seeking, drama obsessed morons.

Hmm funny that. Maybe you should tell your own alliance how pointless birthday threads are. It seems that you can still post on the old OWF so it is not too late if you want to bring it up.

I for one and not impressed. Frankly, everyone here is being too nice to each other. This thread needs a dash of Doitzel's razor tongue and a soupcon of Sponge telling me and others to go %$##@@ ourselves.

Oh, and Hi Schatt! Miss ya buddy.

Should TPF decide to dissolve our government and appoint Greenacres OneBallMan to the position of Emperor Viceroy via [OOC]in-game PMS[/OOC] at noon on a random day, they're free to try it ;)

Edited by Schattenmann

OOC: I lol'd.

IC: The Galactic Republic would like to apologize for our inability to accept Voxian diplomats, but we simply cannot accomadate an alliance with such wildly divergant views from our own.

I wasn't aware that you were divergent from peace, freedom and justice. It's alright though.

Should TPF decide to dissolve our government and appoint Greenacres OneBallMan to the position of Emperor Viceroy via [OOC]in-game PMS[/OOC] at noon on a random day, they're free to try it ;)

Touché, however, maybe next time I should just let you all get ZI'd for the twentieth time. Less drama that way.

Congratulations on fighting for what you believe in.

There are several things that perplex me with this announcement.

To put it very simply, Vox fights against the hegemony, it has made this quite clear on multiple occasions.

However the hegemony is the group that complies to the general rules of the cyberverse.

The general rules might be good, they might just as well be bad but the fact is Vox is a minority.

So far Vox has completed several of their goals, but I doubt you guys have reached your preferred situation yet.

Now Vox claims they are tired of fighting and whilst they don't want to surrender they do want to sign peace treaties.

My question is how can the parties that you are at war with give you peace, to let a alliance regrow who expresses their desire to fight again and again for their morals is a unrealistic decision.

The only way that is possible is if the alliances Vox is at war with suddenly change all their policies into pro-Vox policies, which we both know is not going to happen.

Why give such an unrealistic option?

Congratulations on fighting for what you believe in.

There are several things that perplex me with this announcement.

To put it very simply, Vox fights against the hegemony, it has made this quite clear on multiple occasions.

However the hegemony is the group that complies to the general rules of the cyberverse.

The general rules might be good, they might just as well be bad but the fact is Vox is a minority.

The rules are not followed by the dominant powers within the hegemony, they were created by the hegemony. As such, they don't have to play by them and often don't--they can change them or selectively apply them, so there's no need.

So far Vox has completed several of their goals

Congratulations on not being brainwashed into a hee-hawing Vox success denier.

, but I doubt you guys have reached your preferred situation yet.

Now Vox claims they are tired of fighting and whilst they don't want to surrender they do want to sign peace treaties.

My question is how can the parties that you are at war with give you peace, to let a alliance regrow who expresses their desire to fight again and again for their morals is a unrealistic decision.

The only way that is possible is if the alliances Vox is at war with suddenly change all their policies into pro-Vox policies, which we both know is not going to happen.

Why give such an unrealistic option?

Vox Populi is regarded with a bit of doubt and/or fear by many alliances who think we may be spying on them or plotting their downfall. In truth, we are more interested in peace than war with these minor actors, and we are offering this guarantee of peace and non-intervention with alliances that are on the fence or hold such fears. We cannot publish a list of alliance we are or arent' spying on, but we can give alliances that assurance in this manner.

While fighting is tiresome and boring, we are not tired of fighting in a manner that is makign us unwilling to fight. We only wish to be peaceable where we may. Peace with The Righteous Fist does not allow Vox to regrow and "fight again and again" but for Vox to clear its tangled war web a bit, and normalize relations with alliances that we don't have a real problem with. Leastways, we don't expect that major alliances at all-out war with us will do so.

The time spent by Francesca complaining about 'worthless posts' must now be almost up with the time spent by Doitzel making the OP.

No, nothing will ever compare to how late I was up last night waiting for this announcement because SOMEBODY was still typing it :P

Also, my dear Francesca, you obviously do not understand what Vox Populi really is if you think this announcement is useless as you say it is, especially considering all the circumstances involving Vox Populi, this announcement is huge. I hope for many good months to come like the ones already experienced.

PS: Chunkey, we are on page 8, you lose.

Edited by Nintenderek