Vox Populi Announcement

Doitzel

Since Doitzel was under heavy pressure from Voxians to post this so they could go to bed...or something, his wit couldn't extend to this.

By all accounts, I should be dead atop a mountain with a bunch of faces carved into it.

hmmm i thought we were too uncool for y'all anyway :ehm:

You are.

Aww shucks. There I was thinking we could get off easy. Damn you Vox! :rolleyes:

You already have, actually. Echelon's not worth the time.

I have to admit...as much as I think your cause is ridiculous and the fact that I don't like a number of people in Vox...I lol'd.

OOC: I'm glad you got a laugh out of it. Some people get edgy when I make fun of them!

(Back IC)

Awww, its so cute how you see yourselves to be advancing.

I remember when Vox was all 'we have no government, we dont speak for each other, our members are free to express themselves with no guidelines'

Awww, it's so cute how you're trying to belittle us by condescending on a subject where you've got absolutely no moral ground to talk down to your chin, let alone us.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember when Vox was all 'we have no government, we dont speak for each other, our members are free to express themselves with no guidelines'

Well, the bolded parts are all still true...

How do you know that, your CN Forum Account AA says U-FAIL and its true too.

Edited by Zeta Defender

Article II

Members of U-FAIL and Vox are allowed dual membership to each other, to share the lube and increase the brotherly love, since there are absolutely no wimmenz involved.

Reading ftw.

Nice announcement Vox, enjoyed reading it.

Couple of reasons.

1. [quote name=The "More Meat... >:(" Accords]Article II

Members of U-FAIL and Vox are allowed dual membership to each other, to share the lube and increase the brotherly love, since there are absolutely no wimmenz involved.

2. I have been a Vox member since August, shortly after it formed, and was also 1/5 of the First Senate of Vox Populi. But I can understand, for I am likely their most obscure member.

Awww, it's so cute how you're trying to belittle us by condescending on a subject where you've got absolutely no moral ground to talk down to your chin, let alone us.

So what you're saying is that I'm taking the same stance as you and Vox do with all announcements or discussions that have even a slight possible distant connection with Pacifica, even when there's no mention of us. At least I'm responding to the same subject as the original announcement here.

You must have missed this original announcement where Vox 'government' was announcing a 'treaty' for their members to follow, where any members not following the guidelines/rules of the treaty have "acted without the consent of their alliance", meaning they are not free to express themselves as a member of the alliance.

NO U.

Another boring, irrelevant announcement, Doitzel. It's basically a case of "OMG? WUT? WE'RE STILL EXIST!? LETS CELEBRATE! Oh, and while we're at it, shove in some pointless sh*t on NAPs that everyone cares sooooo much about to disguise the fact that we really don't have anything to say." If you made less announcements, and they were more interesting, perhaps people would actually read them.

Voxians, all the same. Attention seeking, drama obsessed morons.

Edited by Francesca

But I can understand, for I am likely their most obscure member.

Glad you said it, I still don't know who you are. I just know you are some 1.2K NS Nation who doesn't seem to want peace anytime soon.

Also as for the VoX Comment, I just wanted someway to work in the U-FAIL joke. Also since lots of Vox members like to play on words, wanted to try it out. Either way, you did prove to me that I was wrong, that VoX has no control over its members. If it did, I suspect your alliance's name would be very different to eliminate the backlash of that joke. Unless whoever picked the name can see into the future and wanted to do a Frodian Slip of your alliance's future. This just goes to prove that there are ordinary people with extraordinary gifts.

Also, why do you play a game? Answer: To get attention.

So Vox, Who Are you Again and Why Do You Say You An Alliance When You Align Yourself with the fail of Blackstone and U-Fail. Esp Since Blackstone was suppose to be some secret spy alliance. Athough for a spy alliance, they do get a lot of videos posted on Youtube. O well, maybe if their alliance doesn't work, they can get a job working with Boxxy.

Edited by Zeta Defender

You must have missed this original announcement where Vox 'government' was announcing a 'treaty' for their members to follow, where any members not following the guidelines/rules of the treaty have "acted without the consent of their alliance", meaning they are not free to express themselves as a member of the alliance.

There are no guidelines that exist preventing our members from speaking their mind, nor being punished for doing so, unless it is an OOC attack. If you could name the guideline of that treaty that contradicts this, then I will concede that I am a jackass.

The closest thing we have to that is that sometimes, we encourage Voxians not to post in certain threads with content whos purpose it seems only to goad us into a needless debate when the OP makes a perceived $@! of him/herself as it is. As an example, this applies to most, if not all, threads posted by Silva, including the one he just posted about Civilizations and that opposing the Order is wrong and counter-productive. However, obviously, these recommendations are not set in stone. So yes, Voxians still have as much freedom as they have always had, perhaps even more, since a good portion of us are wearing alternate AAs.

NO U.

Another boring, irrelevant announcement, Doitzel. It's basically a case of "OMG? WUT? WE'RE STILL EXIST!? LETS CELEBRATE! Oh, and while we're at it, shove in some pointless sh*t on NAPs that everyone cares sooooo much about to disguise the fact that we really don't have anything to say." If you made less threads, and they were more interesting, perhaps people would actually read them.

While I respect your opinion in italics, Francesca, I must say that the part in bold is untrue, given other posts in this thread so far. As for the part in bold italics, what do you expect? We're bored. :awesome:

Edited by Gatherum

NO U.

Another boring, irrelevant announcement, Doitzel. It's basically a case of "OMG? WUT? WE'RE STILL EXIST!? LETS CELEBRATE! Oh, and while we're at it, shove in some pointless sh*t on NAPs that everyone cares sooooo much about to disguise the fact that we really don't have anything to say." If you made less announcements, and they were more interesting, perhaps people would actually read them.

o/francesca

While I respect your opinion in italics, Francesca, I must say that the part in bold is untrue, given other posts in this thread so far. As for the part in bold italics, what do you expect? We're bored. :awesome:

What other posts so far have disproved my assessment of the OP? The answer is absolutely none.

Furthermore, as far as your peace efforts go, you'll never get far. I honestly don't know why you're even trying. All Vox nations should not and will not get peace.

Edited by Francesca

Quite a "brief" announcement, I enjoyed it none the less. Good luck Vox.
8/10 would mindlessly Hail this again

o/

I enjoyed this.

Congrats on the milestone. May you find peace.

Interesting. Certainly a well written post at the very least.
Say what you will about Vox, but their announcements are fun to read. :popcorn:
Vox! I always enjoy reading your announcements. May you continue to spread joy.

From the first page, and onyl partially from the second.

The point is that, despite many claims that we are irrelevent and that no one cares to read these announcements is a foolhardy assumption, it seems that there are more than enough citing the opposite. As I said, I respect your opinion, but it is best to speak for yourself only.

Edited by Gatherum

From the first page, and onyl partially from the second.

The point is that, despite many claims that we are irrelevent and that no one cares to read these announcements is a foolhardy assumption, it seems that there are more than enough citing the opposite. As I said, I respect your opinion, but it is best to speak for yourself only.

These are just long-worded hails. They hardly do a credit to your announcement, I wouldn't bring them up if I were you.

Edited by Francesca

These are just long-worded hails. They hardly do a credit to your thread, I wouldn't bring them up if I were you.

Conversely, many of the other posts we get are claims of irrelevency. Are we to assume that they hold more water simply because they are not mere hails?

Not that any of this affects our existence, or that hails are more important than claims of irrelevency and vice-versa. Still, only one of the two is sadly amusing to me due to their paradoxical and ironic nature.

I do not recognize Vox Populi as an alliance, but rather a one-time gaggle of people thrown together that will just as soon disperse.

--Ardus Cadogan, 18 August 2008.

Well, we sure showed him didn't we?

You lost about 90% or your membership, failed to achieve your goal and went back on most of what you initially said about treaties, government etc. You showed him good!

Congrats on making it 6 months.

Oh hey great another one of these. We were totally due.

Certainly, more enjoyable than your sarcasm.

Someday it'll be a surrender. Someday.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

NO U.

You're not a cool guy man.

Glad you said it, I still don't know who you are. I just know you are some 1.2K NS Nation who doesn't seem to want peace anytime soon.

Also as for the VoX Comment, I just wanted someway to work in the U-FAIL joke. Also since lots of Vox members like to play on words, wanted to try it out. Either way, you did prove to me that I was wrong, that VoX has no control over its members. If it did, I suspect your alliance's name would be very different to eliminate the backlash of that joke. Unless whoever picked the name can see into the future and wanted to do a Frodian Slip of your alliance's future. This just goes to prove that there are ordinary people with extraordinary gifts.

Also, why do you play a game? Answer: To get attention.

So Vox, Who Are you Again and Why Do You Say You An Alliance When You Align Yourself with the fail of Blackstone and U-Fail. Esp Since Blackstone was suppose to be some secret spy alliance. Athough for a spy alliance, they do get a lot of videos posted on Youtube. O well, maybe if their alliance doesn't work, they can get a job working with Boxxy.

what the $%&@ are you talking about

So what you're saying is that I'm taking the same stance as you and Vox do with all announcements or discussions that have even a slight possible distant connection with Pacifica, even when there's no mention of us. At least I'm responding to the same subject as the original announcement here.

nou.jpg

Please cite the clause of our treaty that says such. Our members don't generally express their thoughts by spying on and bombing people, as yours might, and that is about all the posted treaty precludes.

NO U.

Ah, hello Francesca. As madly vitriolic as ever, I see.

It's a shame Josef Thorne is no longer around, he was quite the psychoanalyst. We might still be able to set you up with Doctor Hal -- he's quite good, you know -- to resolve these anger issues you have.

What a brilliant retort. Even Gatherum's responses had more thought to them.

It wasn't a retort. I was just telling you that you aren't a cool guy.

And I will never invite you to my birthday party.

by the way you should either calm down or just get out

Edited by Starfox101