Vox Populi Announcement

Doitzel

And so are your criticisms, your negative opinion is no more valid than the opinion of the people who expressed a liking of this thread and yet you seem willing to dismiss all of those opinions because anything positive is "a worthless hail", somehow I doubt Slayer, who posted a positive comment, is hailing Vox in any manner.

I didn't say that.

it seems to me that you just want to be the cool kid that likes to give the impression that only certain people are allowed to posts threads on this forum.

What a complete misrepresentation of what I wrote.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, by paraphrasing the entire of the OP in less than ten seconds to illustrate how useless it was.

Here, I'll do the same with you.

tl;dr for all posts of yours in this thread: Vox sux.

My refutation: lol NO U.

I doubt you have any more substance that that, so don't bother.

I didn't say that.

You said that all the posts from people who said they enjoyed the thread and that it was well written and entertaining were nothing but worthless hails but somehow your post that calls Vox drama seeking morons is supposed to have some type of substance.

If it is a misrepresentation why do I not see you in similar threads making the same complaints? Legion, GATO and others have posted birthday threads recently yet I do not remember you discouraging them from making such threads, why is it that only Vox Populi gets the honor of your witty criticisms?

Edited by KingSrqt

I had thought that I had made this clear. I demonstrated why the OP was utterly pointless, and then I said that the only reason for it was because all you in Vox are obsessed with drama.

Congratulations.

You've responded to a "utterly pointless thread". Beyond that, you have continually posted in said "utterly pointless thread" not once or twice, but numerous times thereby increasing the time it spends at the top of the AA and therefore ensuring more people will see it and adding to the drama.

I'm sure your alliance is proud of you.

Now, if you find Vox Populi so out of touch and so utterly outside the realm of affairs on Planet Bob, how 'bout you stop making them relevant by giving them exactly what keeps them going?

Edited by ChairmanHal

The Senate of Vox Populi would like to remind you that this month is February. If you are not sure, check UNIMATRIX. As UNIMATRIX will also undoubtedly tell you, there are a couple less days in February than in most months! Despite this enormously challenging wrench in our automated scheduling programmes which now run our elections, the Vox Senate has come to a simple solution.

What if UNIMATRIX has gone berzerk a la HAL 9000 and starts giving out the wrong date intentionally?

Remind me never to read 6 pages of a Vox thread again. Seriously, it was so pointless I wanted to sing a Will Smith song while putting a squirrel in a microwave.

Adding excitement to the game, kudos to you Vox.

Congratulations on your survival, or at least, hanging in there and fighting for what you believe in.

Some people need to realize though some beliefs differ from others, though hatred may exist, a congratulations is due when a congratulations is due. Once again, congratulations to your six month mark. Not many being desolated would remain together and stand together as one.

Hello Starfox, long time.

Edited by Ejayrazz

You said that all the posts from people who said they enjoyed the thread and that it was well written and entertaining were nothing but worthless hails but somehow your post that calls Vox drama seeking morons is supposed to have some type of substance.

I called worthless hails worthless hails. If there had been any justification for the hailing- e.g. hey that particular bit is really interesting for xxx reason, that wouldn't have been a worthless hail.

If it is a misrepresentation why do I not see you in similar threads making the same complaints? Legion, GATO and others have posted birthday threads recently yet I do not remember you discouraging them from making such threads, why is it that only Vox Populi gets the honor of your witty criticisms?

Birthday announcements are not necessarily useless. Therefore I don't necessarily attack them.

/me sighs.

Oh, and FYI....... I already said that I didn't think Vox was irrelevant. So stop accusing me of it.

Edited by Francesca

The time spent by Francesca complaining about 'worthless posts' must now be almost up with the time spent by Doitzel making the OP.

Birthday announcements are not necessarily useless. Therefore I don't necessarily attack them.

But, this is effectively a birthday announcement, combined with an open treaty annoucement.

Something about pots, kettles, and one of them calling the other a certain color they both happen to be.

I think Doitzel was joking <_<

I called worthless hails worthless hails. If there had been any justification for the hailing- e.g. hey that particular bit is really interesting for xxx reason, that wouldn't have been a worthless hail.

I find this thread entertaining due to the posting style which incorporated humor into a dissenting attitude which made for an all around good read, the post was also well written and informative (I am willing to bet many people were unaware of this milestone before the thread was posted).

So now that I have proven the OP was not a waste (using the same criteria that you used to prove it was) I believe we are at an impasse as to the quality of the thread.

/me sighs.

So what makes this one more useless than others?

Oh, and FYI....... I already said that I didn't think Vox was irrelevant. So stop accusing me of it.

I never accused you of saying Vox was irrelevant just that you seem to think that they are less worthy of posting threads on this forum which I backed up with examples of similar threads that you did not attack by other more "respectable" alliances.

I think Doitzel was joking <_<

No he is a vile villain who venomously...I am out of V words... yes doitzel and I were joking <_<

If Fox or WoE take shots at me then you know they are real ;)

Edited by KingSrqt

I enjoyed this read. I appreciate the occasional long post as opposed to the 9000 posts by Vox members.

Also its nice to see someone able to invoke the trolls like the NAAC announcements used to do back in the day! :P

I'm just going to keep this gem here for posterity. And hilarity.

Actually, by paraphrasing the entire of the OP in less than ten seconds to illustrate how useless it was.

You see, we must have fairly divergent ideas on just what paraphrasing actually involves. Paraphrasing is the restatement of information in alternative wording - often to clarify or expand on its meaning - while retaining the original facts or ideas. In a stunning display of comprehension and tact, you managed to create an absurb and grotesque caricature of a noteworthy announcement and surrounded it with falsifications and insults. What you did is not paraphrasing, but misrepresenting a body of text to the point where it became your very own strawman, which you attacked with the ferocity and sharp wit of a concrete wall.

I didn't accuse Vox of being irrelevant. Nor did I say that what they are trying to accomplish is boring. As a matter of fact, destroying them and coming up with methods of destroying them provides me with perverse pleasure. What I said was that this announcement and many like it are boring. Read what I say before commenting on it.

Oh, that is rich. In the very same section of text where you suggest I should read what you say before replying, you misrepresent what I said to you in my previous comment. Notice that I did not state that you were claiming what Vox is trying to accomplish is boring, I said "If they were boring, they would not have a sizeable portion of the Cyberverse reading their every word, nor would they receive pages and pages of responses." This was in response to your so eloquently-phrased criticism - "Another boring, irrelevant announcement, Doitzel." And while we're here, you may not have directly accused Vox of being irrelevant, but as we can clearly see from the previous quote, you claimed that this announcement - and previous Vox announcements, through use of the word 'another' - was irrelevant. Your claim that Vox has repeatedly released 'irrelevant' announcements, as a continued behaviour, has strong implications and provides insight into your opinion on Vox's relevancy in Cyberverse politics.

My contribution to that goal is criticism that is more than "Vox you suck go away."

Take a look at where the vast majority of the Vox criticism is originating from. I am sure your friends and allies are pleased to know that you're just as ready to caricature their responses as you are Vox's announcements. I am sure they are also pleased that Francesca is here to function as the guiding light to some higher form of discourse between political leaders. I cannot wait to see an influx of Francescan-style vitriol and strawmen plastered throughout the forum, as far as the eye can see.

And many members of my awesome alliance have made and continue to make interesting contributions in the BB. Would you like me to refer you to some?

Yes, please. I sure hope you do not include any anniversary topics, though! Or any treaty announcements, as you appear to have a low opinion of them, also: "Ok, I'll give you that. Perhaps this is a shade more interesting than the treaty announcements."

And thank you for making slurs on my intelligence, you've actually not managed to refute my arguments so far. The same goes for "leading by example."

... What arguments, points or ideas would they be? The one where you accused Vox of being "attention seeking, drama obsessed morons" or the part where you displayed that you have an over-inflated and delusional sense of self-worth? Further, I am not here to lead by example, for I am not the one that believes they are the long-awaited answer to the supposed slew of 'boring' and 'irrelevant' announcements and making a fool of themselves by going on self-important diatribes.

Looks like some folks are having a good time stroking themselves advantageously again at the expense of someone whom did not post so wisely.

I wouldn't say filling page after page of saying the same thing over and over to someone is intelligent discourse Revanche. That would be making your point and moving on. Try that, then you can attempt to use my name to give your needless arguments credibility.

I wouldn't say filling page after page of saying the same thing over and over to someone is intelligent discourse Revanche. That would be making your point and moving on. Try that, then you can attempt to use my name to give your needless arguments credibility.

Ah, there he is, still struggling to understand the situation, and being further off the mark than a one-armed archer with his commentary. You do realise I have only made two contributions to this discussion, right? Perhaps you were intending to target your poorly-crafted criticism at Francesca?

I am impressed that I can summon you by one mention of your name now, though. You and Aquaman now have something in common.

Ah, there he is, still struggling to understand the situation, and being further off the mark than a one-armed archer with his commentary. You do realise I have only made two contributions to this discussion, right? Perhaps you were intending to target your poorly-crafted criticism at Francesca?

I am impressed that I can summon you by one mention of your name now, though. You and Aquaman now have something in common.

You were simply lucky with your timing, you can stop stroking yourself anytime now. I understand the situation quite clearly and I actually agree with alot of what was being directed at Francesca. Unfortunately you guys are pretty much just repeating yourselves and it isnt getting anywhere.

I might have made a comment towards francesca as well to the same as what has been said but as I said, its been said plenty already. Perhaps you could have noticed that as well.

I for one and not impressed. Frankly, everyone here is being too nice to each other. This thread needs a dash of Doitzel's razor tongue and a soupcon of Sponge telling me and others to go %$##@@ ourselves.

Oh, and Hi Schatt! Miss ya buddy.

You don't use a sledgehammer to hang a painting.