Vox Populi Announcement

Doitzel

what the $%&@ are you talking about

I know my grammar is bad, but I still think the message is clear. Hidden meanings of fail are always fun to find. Just think of it as your morning brain workout. I saved you the hell of doing the crossword. Also next time you want to do messages to the NPO, graphics always bring the point home better.

Example:

u-fail.jpg

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nou.jpg

Please cite the clause of our treaty that says such. Our members don't generally express their thoughts by spying on and bombing people, as yours might, and that is about all the posted treaty precludes.

Ah, hello Francesca. As madly vitriolic as ever, I see.

It's a shame Josef Thorne is no longer around, he was quite the psychoanalyst. We might still be able to set you up with Doctor Hal -- he's quite good, you know -- to resolve these anger issues you have.

You mean there's something wrong with vehemently disagreeing with your opinions? Well, I suppose YOU certainly think that.

No. But hails are pointless and irrelevant.

Read the second half of the post you just quoted (the part you left out). Do you see the point?

It's easy for someone to say, "o/", or, "Nobody cares/likes you/etc." At the very least, it would be nice to see someone mix that up little by clarifying exactly why it's awesome, or why it sucks, or just come out with something else altogether.

Now, for my actual response...

It was always a hope of mine to reform Vox Populi. We were forced into destruction by a few people who couldn't let go of the past. I had always hoped to reform and pay them back. I had no idea that our reformation would become this successful, and have such an impact. I know you detractors will claim we've accomplished nothing, but deep down you know you are wrong. There has been no war since our foundation, amidst a war, as our enemies fear they will only help us, which they will. Our presence on the world stage has also opened the eyes of many, and public outcry to actions many see as unjust is at an all-time high. I have high hopes for our future, and I would like to thank all members of Vox Populi, past and present, for the service to the resistance. Our goals are just, our cause is right, and we will succeed with enough effort.

Also, death to the ODN.

Edit: Actually I thank everyone except King Srqt.

Edited by Starfox101

You mean there's something wrong with vehemently disagreeing with your opinions? Well, I suppose YOU certainly think that.

That's the thing: you didn't really disagree with anything. All you really did was say that the announcement was boring. That's fine, but it's also a rather generic post to make, don't you think?

You lost about 90% or your membership, failed to achieve your goal and went back on most of what you initially said about treaties, government etc. You showed him good!

Congrats on making it 6 months.

And here we set out to be completely gone within a week. We've actually lost about 75% of our membership (a bit less), there is no goal we set out to achieve that we did not or are not still working toward, and I have already been over the changes to our governing. I realise you'd prefer mob rule to kill us with inactivity but we're not going to let you get away that easy.

And where is Ardus? Gone -- nothing but a flash in the pan. Yes, we did show him.

Read the second half of the post you just quoted (the part you left out). Do you see the point?

It's easy for someone to say, "o/", or, "Nobody cares/likes you/etc." At the very least, it would be nice to see someone mix that up little by clarifying exactly why it's awesome, or why it sucks, or just come out with something else altogether.

I had thought that I had made this clear. I demonstrated why the OP was utterly pointless, and then I said that the only reason for it was because all you in Vox are obsessed with drama.

I had thought that I had made this clear. I demonstrated why the OP was utterly pointless, and then I said that the only reason for it was because all you in Vox are obsessed with drama.

Hmm...putting aside the issue of correctness, reading over your post again, I must admit, in your case, perhaps I was mistaken. Mine apologies. Either all these posts are starting to look the same to me, being used to them saying what is essentially the same thing, or I'm just tired. I dunno.

Heh...we all make mistakes. :P

So pointless you've spent 30 minutes explaining why it was pointless and crying about it like we stole your lunch money and kicked your small dog.

Get out, and go read the mass of treaty announcements. Apparently, that's tons more fun.

So pointless you've spent 30 minutes explaining why it was pointless and crying about it like we stole your lunch money and kicked your small dog.

Get out, and go read the mass of treaty announcements. Apparently, that's tons more fun.

But you did steal my lunch money and kick my small dog!!! :P Ok, I'll give you that. Perhaps this is a shade more interesting than the treaty announcements.

I suppose my main aim was to discourage you from making threads like this in future. Probably a vain hope. I'll leave you to it.

Edited by Francesca

But you did steal my lunch money and kick my small dog!!! :P Ok, I'll give you that. Perhaps this is a shade more interesting than the treaty announcements.

I suppose my main aim was to discourage you from making threads like this in future. Probably a vain hope.

You'll find it's impossible to discourage Vox Populi from doing anything, for we aren't the type to give up just like that.

However, I will encourage you to keep trying. Giving up is never an option, and maybe there is hope that one day we may be silent.

Unlikely, very unlikely, though.

I suppose my main aim was to discourage you from making threads like this in future. Probably a vain hope.

Look on the bright side: At least we included a whole bunch of "pointless !@#$" in one thread so that you wouldn't have to read it in intervals later. ;)

You'll find it's impossible to discourage Vox Populi from doing anything, for we aren't the type to give up just like that.

However, I will encourage you to keep trying. Giving up is never an option, and maybe there is hope that one day we may be silent.

Unlikely, very unlikely, though.

Oh, the idea wasn't to get you to shut up. The idea was to try and get you to make worthwhile announcements/comments. Its a little vendetta of mine. See my announcement "Open Letter to Planet Bob" for further details.

The reason (well, a reason) why no-one will sign your treaty is that aid restriction forbids most inter-alliance trading, considering how many people are at war with Vox. (And no, I don't know what the complete list is either.

Congratulations on six months of unceasing war :P

You demonstrated that how, exactly? By simply saying so, amongst an insult-ridden tirade and an impressively furious and profuse use of caps lock? I just love the irony of the usual suspects entering every Vox thread and taking all opportunities to accuse them of being irrelevant or boring. If they were irrelevant, you would not have checked this announcement. If they were irrelevant, you would not make countless attempts to undermine them. If they were boring, they would not have a sizeable portion of the Cyberverse reading their every word, nor would they receive pages and pages of responses. You claim your goal is to provoke groups and individuals into creating "worthwhile announcements/comments". I must ask, where is your contribution to that goal? To extend it further, where is your alliance's contribution? Though, given that you have about as much grasp on fact and intelligent discourse as HeinousOne, I probably should not expect you to begin leading by example any time soon.

Congratulations Vox for holding up since the beginning and still proving to be relevent on the forums, despite 912 people saying that you aren't ;) Maybe you'll get that reference later.

Nonetheless congratulations! This is truly a great accomplishment.

You demonstrated that how, exactly? By simply saying so, amongst an insult-ridden tirade and an impressively furious and profuse use of caps lock?

Actually, by paraphrasing the entire of the OP in less than ten seconds to illustrate how useless it was.

I just love the irony of the usual suspects entering every Vox thread and taking all opportunities to accuse them of being irrelevant or boring. If they were irrelevant, you would not have checked this announcement. If they were irrelevant, you would not make countless attempts to undermine them. If they were boring, they would not have a sizeable portion of the Cyberverse reading their every word, nor would they receive pages and pages of responses.

I didn't accuse Vox of being irrelevant. Nor did I say that what they are trying to accomplish is boring. As a matter of fact, destroying them and coming up with methods of destroying them provides me with perverse pleasure. What I said was that this announcement and many like it are boring. Read what I say before commenting on it.

You claim your goal is to provoke groups and individuals into creating "worthwhile announcements/comments". I must ask, where is your contribution to that goal? To extend it further, where is your alliance's contribution? Though, given that you have about as much grasp on fact and intelligent discourse as HeinousOne, I probably should not expect you to begin leading by example any time soon.

My contribution to that goal is criticism that is more than "Vox you suck go away." And many members of my awesome alliance have made and continue to make interesting contributions in the BB. Would you like me to refer you to some? And thank you for making slurs on my intelligence, you've actually not managed to refute my arguments so far. The same goes for "leading by example."

Edited by Francesca

And here we set out to be completely gone within a week. We've actually lost about 75% of our membership (a bit less), there is no goal we set out to achieve that we did not or are not still working toward, and I have already been over the changes to our governing. I realise you'd prefer mob rule to kill us with inactivity but we're not going to let you get away that easy.

And where is Ardus? Gone -- nothing but a flash in the pan. Yes, we did show him.

I dont want to see Vox gone or crushed, just a bit of consistency in their policies. You say yourself Vox never planned on being around long so when the Ardus comment was made you generally would have agreed with him and only your gradual shift to a standard alliance model changed that. You could be right about the numbers as far as I can remember you had 200 members at one point, I could be wrong though.

Dont forget how I ended my post, congratulations again.

No. But hails are pointless and irrelevant.

And so are your criticisms, your negative opinion is no more valid than the opinion of the people who expressed a liking of this thread and yet you seem willing to dismiss all of those opinions because anything positive is "a worthless hail", somehow I doubt Slayer, who posted a positive comment, is hailing Vox in any manner.

Also alliances post birthday milestone threads all the time and I do not see you in those threads saying how pointless they are it seems to me that you just want to be the cool kid that likes to give the impression that only certain people are allowed to posts threads on this forum.

Edited by KingSrqt

You must have missed this original announcement where Vox 'government' was announcing a 'treaty' for their members to follow, where any members not following the guidelines/rules of the treaty have "acted without the consent of their alliance", meaning they are not free to express themselves as a member of the alliance.

What the hell are you talking about?