DLS retirement

Sauron

I've had my fun as King in recent years.  Personal matters need tending to and time is growing increasingly rare week after week.

As this calendar draws us closer to the end of 2023 and the world is currently at peace, now feels right for me to hand off the crown to a worthy successor, Velocity.

FTW will be in great hands because even retired the eye of Sauron never closes and is always watching.  It's a curse.  There aren't enough eye drops for a retina this large.  

To all the close friendships I've made along the way it's been a pleasure working so closely with you all.  To all my adversaries I tip my hat, if not for your existence life would be boring.

I look forward to King Velocity's reign and whatever it may bring.

o7 Velocity

o7 FTW

Congratulations on your retirement, and good luck to Velocity. I've heard that those who spend a meaningful amount of time serving in government these days get bonus points toward sainthood, so that's something to look forward to!

I am thankful to have plotted alongside you. Enjoy your retirement friend!

o/ DLS

Congratulations Velocity on your ascension to King. May you serve as well as your former Kings have served, and may our plotting continue!

o/ Velocity

On 12/1/2023 at 9:53 PM, Sarkin said:

Congratulations on your retirement, and good luck to Velocity. I've heard that those who spend a meaningful amount of time serving in government these days get bonus points toward sainthood, so that's something to look forward to!

Can confirm.

Also: I thought Velocity was already in charge. Maybe I should pay more attention ...

Enjoy your retirement, friend! You were a worthy King, ally and opponent! May your retirement involve even more chess pummelings of Velocity and I.

Congratulations to you Velocity. I and pretty much everyone knows that you're filling big shoes, but if anyone can do it, it's you! Best of luck!