Freehold of the Spartans

Canik

alliance_flags7142013125313AM.jpg&key=2fdfP5AAK.png?2

Freehold of The Wolves and Sparta, based on common interests, derived from mutual understandings of and on Planet Bob, and in order to advance both individual and joint positions in international politics, hereby sign this optional Defense and optional Aggression Pact to formally and officially establish the:

Freehold of the Spartans

Article I: Private Quarters within the Freehold

Both the Freehold of The Wolves and Sparta (hereafter: the Signatories) shall maintain their private quarters within the Freehold, i.e. are and remain sovereign alliances in accordance with their respective Charters, Constitutions, and/or other acts, which in no way, shape, or form is affected by the signing of this Treaty.

Article II: Common Quarters within the Freehold

1. The Signatories shall also maintain common quarters within the Freehold, i.e. channels of communication between all levels and portfolios of government, as well as individual members.

2. The common quarters, however, are and will remain common only to the Signatories, i.e. topics and substances of discussion shall remain confidential even after the termination of this Treaty, unless agreed upon differently by the Signatories.

Article III: Amicable Relations within the Freehold

The Signatories shall maintain amicable relations within the Freehold, i.e. solve all disputes cordially and privately, in a friendly atmosphere and with the best of intentions in mind, and refrain from all hostile action, overt or otherwise, towards each other and each other’s protectorates.

Article IV: Accord within the Freehold

The Signatories shall maintain accord within the Freehold, i.e. reach agreements on all matters of interest to either Signatory and coordinate all relevant activities, including diplomatic, economic, and military activities.

Article V: Support within the Freehold

The Signatories shall endeavor to provide support to each other within the Freehold, i.e. share any relevant intelligence collected or otherwise obtained pertaining to the other Signatory’s affairs and may, either acting on a request or unilaterally, support each other through diplomatic, financial, and other forms of aid, as well as organizing trade for each other’s nations and providing support to each other’s senatorial candidates.

Article VI: Defense and Aggression within the Freehold

The Signatories shall endeavor to defend each other and to join aggressive forces within the Freehold; i.e. either Signatory may request of the other military assistance in either defensive or aggressive conflicts, to which the other may, but is not required to, respond as requested.

Article VII: Outside Peace and War within the Freehold

Each Signatory shall endeavor to maintain a positive balance of outside peace and war, in terms of the impact thereof on the Signatories, within the Freehold, i.e. undertake all reasonable measures to avoid waging an aggressive war against an alliance the other Signatory is mandated to defend by treaty.

Article VIII: Change within the Freehold

The Signatories may agree to change within the Freehold, i.e. amend this Treaty with mutual consent.

Article IX: Publicity from within the Freehold

The Signatories shall publicly announce this Freehold, i.e. this Treaty shall enter into force on the day of its posting on the Alliance Announcements subforum of the Cyber Nations forums at forums.cybernations.net.

Article X: Departure from the Freehold :(

Either Signatory may depart from the Freehold, i.e. cancel this Treaty with a private 24-hour notice and an additional public 72-hour notice, during which all provisions of this Treaty shall be valid and binding.

Signed for Sparta

Whitetigger, King of Sparta

Tim, King of Sparta

Signed for Freehold of the Wolves

Canik, Mad King

Taco, Hand of the King

Sauron, Lord of State

Smitty, Lord of Harmony

Lord Draculea, Lord of Finance

Kaznawim, Lord of War

Edited by Canik

15 minutes ago, Lucius Optimus said:

Yep! I bet they'll even counter Polar for you. 

Perhaps all of Oculus 

Ha, maybe so. Who knows what the future holds, eh? I'm just glad to see my new friends also becoming friends :) 

• 2 weeks later...

I though Sparta disbanded when its only active nation that bothered to fight in its wars left calling out its leadership for not bothering to fight or even let its members what to do while at war?   I mean even if you could find anybody in Sparta to get them to declare war it would unless that one guy come back none of the will even know they are at war. 

1 hour ago, The Big Bad said:

I though Sparta disbanded when its only active nation that bothered to fight in its wars left calling out its leadership for not bothering to fight or even let its members what to do while at war?   I mean even if you could find anybody in Sparta to get them to declare war it would unless that one guy come back none of the will even know they are at war. 

3bb0hXCXiVehYbSd5r.gif

18 hours ago, lilweirdward said:

3bb0hXCXiVehYbSd5r.gif

I suppose you missed it.  We hit Sparta and  they just sat there.  One guy was active here and on in the actual war.  Some Spartan nations became aware they were being attacked but had no idea what was going on or what they were suppose to do.  They were advised to speak to their leadership.  They got no response, no help, no advice no aid.  Its members fled or just disappeared and Sparta leaderless burned. Once it was over their one active member was angry the his leadership did nothing before during or after the war to helps its members and he left forming his own alliance.  Sparta has been a dead alliance since existing in name only.    

15 hours ago, The Big Bad said:

I suppose you missed it.  We hit Sparta and  they just sat there.  One guy was active here and on in the actual war.  Some Spartan nations became aware they were being attacked but had no idea what was going on or what they were suppose to do.  They were advised to speak to their leadership.  They got no response, no help, no advice no aid.  Its members fled or just disappeared and Sparta leaderless burned. Once it was over their one active member was angry the his leadership did nothing before during or after the war to helps its members and he left forming his own alliance.  Sparta has been a dead alliance since existing in name only.    

I think you might be mixing stories. Alexandros rage quitting and forming a new alliance was when MHA (the remnants of umb version) hit them in Jan 2019:

I should know I hit him.

Unless Sparta had a 2nd active nation?

Edited by LJ Scott

18 hours ago, The Big Bad said:

It's not my job to speak for Sparta, but none of the folks I've gotten to know there would contest that the alliance has had issues with activity over the last few years. The leadership that's around now are good folks though and have gone out of their way to help rebuild allies who fought in the latest war. I trust that if the time comes, they'll be ready to stand by their allies.

6 hours ago, CrinkledStraw said:

This thread kinda proves TBB's words. A single Spartan...Within the Freehold has posted? 

Did FTW just post this because they knew Sparta wouldn't say anything?

Ah yes, they don't have several members who post constantly on the OWF so they must be dead! This is indisputable evidence, I don't know what FTW will do now.

3 hours ago, lilweirdward said:

Ah yes, they don't have several members who post constantly on the OWF so they must be dead! This is indisputable evidence, I don't know what FTW will do now.

They don't even have TWO members who post on their own treaty announcement, much less several that post constantly. 

Edited by CrinkledStraw
Words are good.