Peace is in our time

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, AlmightyGrub said:

The NADC are not paying anything to anyone.  The loss of a very cheap wonder, in an era where it should be among  the last wonders purchased, is completely irrelevant, takes no aid slots and is not necessary to replace.   The NADC wont be running candidates for senate until they reach a decision on where they are going to, taking 40 days to achieve the move and when they arrive they will have to make arrangements with their new team.  They might have no need for a silly wonder at all.

You can pretend that NADC is paying reps if that floats your boat, but the reality is they are moving colour.  Nothing more or less.  If you are so concerned re-buy their wonder for them, no one is stopping you.

Well they are not moving are they, they are being forced to leave. sure it might not take any aid slots and sure its not like they wont be able to afford them, but lets not color it blue and call it black shall we, the bottom line its just another way to kick an alliance down after they have already been beaten, sure its not reps, but still an action that has only been taken to make some very small people feel big once again.

58 minutes ago, Devialance said:

Well they are not moving are they, they are being forced to leave. sure it might not take any aid slots and sure its not like they wont be able to afford them, but lets not color it blue and call it black shall we, the bottom line its just another way to kick an alliance down after they have already been beaten, sure its not reps, but still an action that has only been taken to make some very small people feel big once again.

I don't need to oppress anyone to feel good, although there is no denying taking an opportunity to do so is satisfying.  NADC were not actually beaten, they attacked Polar without any real cause to do so, with most of their top tier safely tucked away in peace mode, they got some cheap shots in on the periphery of the action and then ran away to Peace Mode as fast as they could.  At the time of their surrender they had no open slots about 50K as everyone was in Peace Mode.  The few nations trapped were totally destroyed but most of their alliance watched on while it happened.  Perhaps you should look a little closer at the circumstances surrounding their entry before you cry too hard for them.  Given that you care less about the fate of NADC than I do, I would suggest you stop the faux outrage.  NADC chose to declare where they did, they chose the mechanism to make it happen to their agenda and despite the fact it was pretty stupid from the outset, they also were smart enough to accept the consequences for being a little too bold.

You are correct however, they have agreed to move as part of a concession to obtain peace.  Nobody forced them to accept the term, they didn't protest the term for longer than ten seconds and their alliance as a whole voted to accept it.  I am not sure how you would wish to stand in the way of the freedoms of the NADC to do as they please.

I fully understand that some people want to find a fault with Polar in this matter, feel free to do so, but you will hardly intimidate anyone with the weak as piss arguments you have mounted so far.

There was never anything wrong with disbanding alliances, there was never anything wrong with reps, until they got turned into extortion by the Aggressor and there is certainly nothing wrong with forcing a team off a colour.  What there is plenty wrong with is meaningless wars without consequence that allow anyone and everyone to get as many cheap shots in as they can before retreating confident that nothing will happen regardless of the situation or circumstance.

I know about paying a price for actions, perhaps some of you ADHD kiddies need to focus for long enough to understand the concepts.

10 minutes ago, AlmightyGrub said:

I don't need to oppress anyone to feel good, although there is no denying taking an opportunity to do so is satisfying.  NADC were not actually beaten, they attacked Polar without any real cause to do so, with most of their top tier safely tucked away in peace mode, they got some cheap shots in on the periphery of the action and then ran away to Peace Mode as fast as they could.  At the time of their surrender they had no open slots about 50K as everyone was in Peace Mode.  The few nations trapped were totally destroyed but most of their alliance watched on while it happened.  Perhaps you should look a little closer at the circumstances surrounding their entry before you cry too hard for them.  Given that you care less about the fate of NADC than I do, I would suggest you stop the faux outrage.  NADC chose to declare where they did, they chose the mechanism to make it happen to their agenda and despite the fact it was pretty stupid from the outset, they also were smart enough to accept the consequences for being a little too bold.

You are correct however, they have agreed to move as part of a concession to obtain peace.  Nobody forced them to accept the term, they didn't protest the term for longer than ten seconds and their alliance as a whole voted to accept it.  I am not sure how you would wish to stand in the way of the freedoms of the NADC to do as they please.

I fully understand that some people want to find a fault with Polar in this matter, feel free to do so, but you will hardly intimidate anyone with the weak as piss arguments you have mounted so far.

There was never anything wrong with disbanding alliances, there was never anything wrong with reps, until they got turned into extortion by the Aggressor and there is certainly nothing wrong with forcing a team off a colour.  What there is plenty wrong with is meaningless wars without consequence that allow anyone and everyone to get as many cheap shots in as they can before retreating confident that nothing will happen regardless of the situation or circumstance.

I know about paying a price for actions, perhaps some of you ADHD kiddies need to focus for long enough to understand the concepts.

So you are NpO's Ministry of truth yet you lied how odd that must seem, However it happened NpO and Sparta was at war, NADC who signed a treaty some what 24 hours before any official acts of war was made, activated a treaty, So how could they have no real cause to do so, that's like saying NG had no reason to attack MI6, where do you of all people have the right to say that no one has any real cause, surely people have not forgotten the number of friends you let burn as you swap sides, surely people have not forgotten how quickly NpO will jump ship if they think they will lose. then to sum it all up you call everyone who does not agree with your little power trip as ADHD kiddies, yet you are the one incapable of telling the truth and twist whatever facts you find to make it look like the bowl of !@#$ you are trying to feed people is in fact ice cream.

8 minutes ago, Devialance said:

So you are NpO's Ministry of truth yet you lied how odd that must seem, However it happened NpO and Sparta was at war, NADC who signed a treaty some what 24 hours before any official acts of war was made, activated a treaty, So how could they have no real cause to do so, that's like saying NG had no reason to attack MI6, where do you of all people have the right to say that no one has any real cause, surely people have not forgotten the number of friends you let burn as you swap sides, surely people have not forgotten how quickly NpO will jump ship if they think they will lose. then to sum it all up you call everyone who does not agree with your little power trip as ADHD kiddies, yet you are the one incapable of telling the truth and twist whatever facts you find to make it look like the bowl of !@#$ you are trying to feed people is in fact ice cream.

Irrespective of the veracity (or otherwise) of Grub's statements, you really don't understand the whole Ministry of Truth thing do you?

And regardless of whatever is in that bowl, you seem to be very interested in lapping it up... NADC's most honourable act during this war has been their surrender. I'm not really very sure why that's even on your radar.

Edited by Mihail the Just

1 hour ago, Devialance said:

If I didn't love the sound of my own voice I would have stopped responding to you after your first shot at the title.  I laugh at the assertions you make regarding Polar, I think your revisionism is getting in the road of the facts just a little.

I have used the term ADHD kiddies for a long time, if the shoe fits after all.  You can disagree with me all you like, but you are what you are.

5 hours ago, Immortan Junka said:

Watchout Polar, Devialance might bandwaggon if you get rolled.

Nah I have no issue with Polar, nor do i have any issue with SNX, i just dislike you junka, shame you stay so small instead of growing so when people nuke you it would matter a little more

19 hours ago, Caustic said:

Or I'm just trolling the !@#$ out of Saphyre, and hey look it worked :o

Gets called out repeatedly on being a pissy little !@#$%*.

Says, "Hey. I was totally trolling."

Seems legit.

11 hours ago, AlmightyGrub said:

What there is plenty wrong with is meaningless wars without consequence that allow anyone and everyone to get as many cheap shots in as they can before retreating confident that nothing will happen regardless of the situation or circumstance.

The irony of this statement coming from you is astonishing. I don't think you even realize what a parody of yourself you have become.

6 hours ago, Haflinger said:

The irony of this statement coming from you is astonishing. I don't think you even realize what a parody of yourself you have become.

Isn't it ironic, dont cha think?

I am what I am, however I don't think you understand irony or you have forgotten the prices paid.  I am not scared to take a position and pay for it later, you guys really do need to get some material based in some sort of reality... or did you forget all those times that Polar got rolled or something?

This is only the beginning.

On 8/25/2016 at 2:50 AM, Immortan Junka said:

Congrats to all parties involved for peace!

NADC will you be joining former blue team MCXAers here in brown :P

Unlikely.

Edited by Kochers

On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 0:05 PM, Gibsonator21 said:

Of all the people who've left in the last 5 years, what do you think the actual percentage is of people who left because of outrageous post-war terms? I'd wager not that high.

People leave because they're bored, because this is a stagnant world. It hasn't had a (potential) shakeup since Oculus formed, and they've done nothing but the same anyway. Before that? Whew, maybe TOP/NpO treaty? We've now repeated the last war three times. Since 2011 it's been the same old cycle repeated, with the occasional abberation.

Last time any "bad" reps were in play that I remember, it turned into CSN/SF vs DT/Mj... That was fun.

So you can stop with the faux outrage. These aren't alliance murdering terms. They're not even difficult to complete. But maybe now NADC has something else to play for. Or maybe if you're pissed off enough you'll go work on taking out Polar. I won't hold my breath. 

You actually make a fascinating point here. I did a statistical analysis of the ages of nations left in cn a while back on the NSO forums, and found the results really interesting. I looked at the makeup of CN based on age broken into iirc 2.5 year age ranges, and while obviously nations under 2.5 years was the largest group, nations 7.5 years+ was a larger group than either 2.5 to 5 and 5 to 7.5 iirc. The middle 5 year range definitely was low. It was a significantly uneven distribution. 

In other words, there is almost certainly a correlation between nations having been around to experience these harsh terms (let's be real, we haven't seen really harsh terms in over 5 years, and that 7.5+ was back when tame terms would make Methrage come out of the wood work screaming bloody murder by today's standard) and longevity playing the game.

Edited by USMC123

11 minutes ago, USMC123 said:

You actually make a fascinating point here. I did a statistical analysis of the ages of nations left in cn a while back on the NSO forums, and found the results really interesting. I looked at the makeup of CN based on age broken into iirc 2.5 year age ranges, and while obviously nations under 2.5 years was the largest group, nations 7.5 years+ was a larger group than either 2.5 to 5 and 5 to 7.5 iirc. The middle 5 year range definitely was low. It was a significantly uneven distribution. 

In other words, there is almost certainly a correlation between nations having been around to experience these harsh terms (let's be real, we haven't seen really harsh terms in over 5 years, and that 7.5+ was back when tame terms would make Methrage come out of the wood work screaming bloody murder by today's standard) and longevity playing the game.

Since there is no easy way to tell how many of the 2.5 and below age nations are nations that are second and third comings of their leaders, it might just be that there are more oldies than might seem at first glance.

5 hours ago, AlmightyGrub said:

I am not scared to take a position and pay for it later

If that were true, I'd probably be fine with Polar now. The entire problem with Polar is that you guys spend all your time protecting idiots who are hiding from justice.

12 minutes ago, Haflinger said:

If that were true, I'd probably be fine with Polar now. The entire problem with Polar is that you guys spend all your time protecting idiots who are hiding from justice.

I am glad we have now narrowed down the fault within Polar to one thing.  If you would care to name the idiots who are hiding from justice I will see what can be done.

On 8/29/2016 at 8:30 AM, Mogar said:

Might have something to do with about 35% of the total NS in the world being allied in a bloc, and those same alliances making up well over 50% of the nations over 70k NS, making any war they fight an automatic victory. Those same alliances constantly making posts that amount to "WELL IF THE REST OF YOU WOULD JUST PLOT AGAINST US WE WOULDN'T BE ALLIED TO EACH OTHER!", even though it's been proven repeatedly that even allying anyone not in the massive political bloc is grounds enough to be rolled, leading to the longest period of stagnation in this planet's history, with the playerbase dropping faster and faster with every week.

I would be surprised if we stay over 5,000 nations by Halloween.

With the exception of the ever-decreasing nations coming to/staying in Bob., I still don't see how it's much different than any other period of the game under a Hegemonic rulership.

People have also been saying Bob is dying/have been leaving since I rolled. I'm sure it was happening way before, too. I don't subscribe to the doctrine that one of the few interesting things happening is the sole cause of driving people away. My opinions on that are also not a subject to be discussed in this specific area, but I totally saw an OP discussing this very thing in another part of here where both your opinion, and some of the opinions I have are being discussed. :popcorn:

Edited by DeathAdder

12 hours ago, DeathAdder said:

With the exception of the ever-decreasing nations coming to/staying in Bob., I still don't see how it's much different than any other period of the game under a Hegemonic rulership.

I'm not aware of any other hegemonic rulership in which all but 2 of the top 20 alliances are either non-fighting, in the hegemonic block, or directly or at least very closely indirectly tied to that block (those 2 being FAN (which has no FA power at all) and The Children of the Morrighan (which may have treaties with Atlas and GATO, in which case it would fall into the "closely indirectly" category). And when the list of active and effective alliances doesn't extend far below the 40th (that is with the most generous possible definition) that is more than a little serious.

I'm new to Bob, I cannot speak to previous hegemonies, however I can see what the attitudes to them were at the time, to compare Oculus to Doom House; DH+allies fought Chestnut Accords (TTK's maroon block) 3 times and won, DH-Chestnut, Grudge war, Dave War. People in TTK at the time said DH was tough, DH was the strongest in the game, et cetera et cetera, I can't recall reading too many people saying "Doom House will kill the game", "Doom House cannot be beaten" and so on, even after losing 3 wars against them. And then in the next war (Equilibrium) DH was defeated.

In comparison in the thread discussing the formation of Oculus shortly after Letum announced it people were stating that they couldn't be beaten* and that it would stagnate the game within the first page (before Oculus even did anything).

So even if you cannot see the difference between Oculus and its predecessor Hegemonies plenty of people outside of Oculus clearly can.

*do recall that this was when many people believed that NpO and its sphere would be a target of Oculus, when in reality it is now an ally.

14 hours ago, Helbrecht said:

Since there is no easy way to tell how many of the 2.5 and below age nations are nations that are second and third comings of their leaders, it might just be that there are more oldies than might seem at first glance.

This actually furthers my point tbh. If a significant number of sub 2.5 year nations are controlled by people who'd be in the 7.5+ year range, that even furthers the point that the controversial/harsh terms of times past correlates to an increased player longevity. Not saying that the correlation equals causation, but it's interesting nonetheless.

1 hour ago, Blackatron said:

*do recall that this was when many people believed that NpO and its sphere would be a target of Oculus, when in reality it is now an ally.

They had limited options, one of which was the creation of a third option between Oculus and Doomsphere, but with the collapse of the latter that left only one real option, which they have chosen.