Peace is in our time

On 8/26/2016 at 0:33 PM, Haflinger said:

Sorry, stopped reading there. Those six words coming from you obviously taint the entire post as fiction.

Somebody desperately wants to be a new and improved Electron Sponge, but he just can't pull it off.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Mogar said:

Technically doesn't that make these one of the most expensive "reps" in history, considering it surpasses the ones Pacifica still to this day whines about?

Let's play fun with math...

NADC accepted terms that will cost them 1.3 Billion, in an age where individual nations have over a billion in their warchest. During Karma, warchests were not nearly that high.

Now, here's the important part....

The NPO cash owed for Karma was 10 billion. That is, as you see, an order of magnitude larger than the 1.3 discussed, and inflation makes that even more so the case. Add to that the 350k tech, which at the exchange rate of 3/100, is another 10.5 billion, making it a total of 20.5 billion.

So, 20.5 billion is greater than 1.3 billion. So no, this is not the most expensive. Not even close.

I wasn't talking about Karma, you paid reps in the war that happened 2 wars after that as well if I am remembering right. Personally I don't consider the great wars or Karma to be in the same vein as every other war, the former being genuinely entertaining and fairly even conflicts, and Karma being likely the greatest conflict in our history based off how quickly this world is dwindling and the political reality that those of us not in Oculus are merely waiting for our turn to get rolled and disband.

Edited by Mogar

I don't recall any war Post-Karma where NPO had to pay reps.

Two wars following Karma (In terms of NPO wars) was Six-Million Dollar (unless you wish to include Red Safari), though I think you're thinking of PB-NpO, since Pacifica didn't actually participate in 6md, afaik. In PB-NpO NPO/\m/ both gave White Peace.

Edited by DeathAdder

6 hours ago, Lord Hershey said:

The public must be made aware of the true cost of switching colors since 2014!

tNGxZxW.png

huh... I wonder at what point we consider your slander a breach of Last Call's peace terms?

48 minutes ago, Caustic said:

huh... I wonder at what point we consider your slander a breach of Last Call's peace terms?

"We don't like you."

"We don't like you still."

"We think you're saying mean things about us."

"Your comics hurt our feelings."

Let nobody ever claim that 2016 lacked compelling CBs.

2 hours ago, Caustic said:

No terms that LC is under were in any way violated, you can look here: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/129046-held-now-within-the-knowing-rest-now-within-the-peace-take-of-the-fruit-but-guard-the-seed/

If I have missed something, please let me know ASAP and I will address it.

Our Channel on IRC is #LastCall

query me :)

Edited by GemStone

10 hours ago, Caustic said:

well since you weren't aware of that little gem, let me update you on one more little fact. bell peppers are a fruit, stop severing them for dinner, sweetie.

Edited by spankthefrank

10 hours ago, Cazaric said:

"We don't like you."

"We don't like you still."

"We think you're saying mean things about us."

"Your comics hurt our feelings."

Let nobody ever claim that 2016 lacked compelling CBs.

To be honest, that can pretty much be applied to all Wars ever if you bother to take the time to remove the Political excuses put forward as a legitimate Casus Belli. Maybe substitute "memes" and/or "distasteful images" in place of "comics" depending on the current year in question. I don't see what makes 2016 any more exceptional than any other year on Bob.

Edited by DeathAdder

56 minutes ago, DeathAdder said:

To be honest, that can pretty much be applied to all Wars ever if you bother to take the time to remove the Political excuses put forward as a legitimate Casus Belli. Maybe substitute "memes" and/or "distasteful images" in place of "comics" depending on the current year in question. I don't see what makes 2016 any more exceptional than any other year on Bob.

Might have something to do with about 35% of the total NS in the world being allied in a bloc, and those same alliances making up well over 50% of the nations over 70k NS, making any war they fight an automatic victory. Those same alliances constantly making posts that amount to "WELL IF THE REST OF YOU WOULD JUST PLOT AGAINST US WE WOULDN'T BE ALLIED TO EACH OTHER!", even though it's been proven repeatedly that even allying anyone not in the massive political bloc is grounds enough to be rolled, leading to the longest period of stagnation in this planet's history, with the playerbase dropping faster and faster with every week.

I would be surprised if we stay over 5,000 nations by Halloween.

On ‎25‎-‎08‎-‎2016 at 8:50 AM, Immortan Junka said:

Congrats to all parties involved for peace!

NADC will you be joining former blue team MCXAers here in brown :P

Guess it had to happen, I totally agree with Junka, NADC new home should be on brown team ;)

Also Congrats on getting peace :)

1 hour ago, Haflinger said:

To be fair to Caustic, he probably just doesn't understand the comic.

Or I'm just trolling the !@#$ out of Saphyre, and hey look it worked :o

22 hours ago, Qazzian said:

Let's play fun with math...

NADC accepted terms that will cost them 1.3 Billion, in an age where individual nations have over a billion in their warchest. During Karma, warchests were not nearly that high.

Now, here's the important part....

The NPO cash owed for Karma was 10 billion. That is, as you see, an order of magnitude larger than the 1.3 discussed, and inflation makes that even more so the case. Add to that the 350k tech, which at the exchange rate of 3/100, is another 10.5 billion, making it a total of 20.5 billion.

So, 20.5 billion is greater than 1.3 billion. So no, this is not the most expensive. Not even close.

Well lets be truthful here, the 20.5b NPO had to pay was a very small faction of what they made others pay, how much has NADC forced others to pay?

If you are going to do things on scale then the 20.5b NPO had to pay is less than the what 4.5 trillion plus i am sure they have forced and taken from others, yet NADC is having to pay 1.3b and they have taken what 500m if that from others ?.

The NADC are not paying anything to anyone.  The loss of a very cheap wonder, in an era where it should be among  the last wonders purchased, is completely irrelevant, takes no aid slots and is not necessary to replace.   The NADC wont be running candidates for senate until they reach a decision on where they are going to, taking 40 days to achieve the move and when they arrive they will have to make arrangements with their new team.  They might have no need for a silly wonder at all.

You can pretend that NADC is paying reps if that floats your boat, but the reality is they are moving colour.  Nothing more or less.  If you are so concerned re-buy their wonder for them, no one is stopping you.