• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They likely offered TPF to come over to chill and relax while watching some rogues fight it out for their amusement.

Apparently just ignoring spy attacks is always a wise move in our world.

Perhaps it wasn't. Perhaps that's why it is a good thing we went our separate ways. Perhaps it is why this war was meant to happen?

This war was meant to happen because Pacifica disposes of allies once they stop following your specific script and show independence, we're making progress! Might want to go tell ODN and GATO, though I suspect they've realized this by now.

Did you at least make sure to bring chocolates this time in order to lessen the impact?

I think bringing lubricant is a more appropriate response to this sort of situation. They'd just knock the chocolate down in a fit of disappointment.

Apparently just ignoring spy attacks is always a wise move in our world.

This war was meant to happen because Pacifica disposes of allies once they stop following your specific script and show independence, we're making progress! Might want to go tell ODN and GATO, though I suspect they've realized this by now.

It's one thing to be independent, another to outright betray or defect. This was more of a defection. Choosing to side with an enemy of the order put them where they are. They could have chosen from a broad plethora of alliances other than MI6, but no, it was our direct opposition. We didn't try to tell them not to but they get to deal with the consequences of their choices. As for the ignoring the spy attacks things.. depending on the situation, it can be. Not that I care.. the target was MI6, we don't like them. Whoever was spying on them probably did not find much.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

I think bringing lubricant is a more appropriate response to this sort of situation. They'd just knock the chocolate down in a fit of disappointment.

It's one thing to be independent, another to outright betray or defect. This was more of a defection. Choosing to side with an enemy of the order put them where they are. They could have chosen from a broad plethora of alliances other than MI6, but no, it was our direct opposition. We didn't try to tell them not to but they get to deal with the consequences of their choices. As for the ignoring the spy attacks things.. depending on the situation, it can be.

I do not believe they would, you are just not showing yourself as much of a sensual lover. TPF are a very delicate flower and they should be showered with flowers and chocolate so that the break-up and subsequent face-heel turn will not be so dramatic.

You do have to acknowledge that it's likely The Phoenix Federation signed with MI6 simply because it recognised the amount of punishment it went through in the last war which resonated with what they went through to defend you, the New Pacific Order during the war before. There was logic to what they were doing and they were admittedly going with their heart rather than their brain. Either way, why can you be so heartless, do you not still love them?

I do not believe they would, you are just not showing yourself as much of a sensual lover. TPF are a very delicate flower and they should be showered with flowers and chocolate so that the break-up and subsequent face-heel turn will not be so dramatic.

You do have to acknowledge that it's likely The Phoenix Federation signed with MI6 simply because it recognised the amount of punishment it went through in the last war which resonated with what they went through to defend you, the New Pacific Order during the war before. There was logic to what they were doing and they were admittedly going with their heart rather than their brain. Either way, why can you be so heartless, do you not still love them?

I have the perfect response to this one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCBttS_y7lE

This is Geopolitics!

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

I dunno wtf you're talking about, you should probably get your facts straight.

Umbrella, among other of your "new" allies, was spying on TPF, NPO did nothing to stop it and told TPF to suck it up and deal with it, essentially.

It's one thing to be independent, another to outright betray or defect. This was more of a defection. Choosing to side with an enemy of the order put them where they are. They could have chosen from a broad plethora of alliances other than MI6, but no, it was our direct opposition. We didn't try to tell them not to but they get to deal with the consequences of their choices. As for the ignoring the spy attacks things.. depending on the situation, it can be. Not that I care.. the target was MI6, we don't like them. Whoever was spying on them probably did not find much.

So when you chose to sign with someone who was actively spying on and provoking TPF, weren't you already siding with their enemy?

So when you chose to sign with someone who was actively spying on and provoking TPF, weren't you already siding with their enemy?

Question to a question.

Did you think that maybe the relationship at that time was already pretty well done?  And that maybe just maybe if you talked to ALL involved the truth may come out and a better understanding could be made ? .... Sorry 2 questions

Question to a question.

Did you think that maybe the relationship at that time was already pretty well done?  And that maybe just maybe if you talked to ALL involved the truth may come out and a better understanding could be made ? .... Sorry 2 questions

The truth never comes out of Pacifica, who are you kidding?

I'm glad you've made some really good, factual posts regarding this.

sargun is an idiot who does nothing but blaspheme against the ten commandments of this community and i have no idea how they managed to get resurrected

The truth never comes out of Pacifica, who are you kidding?

1511898192_cows_with_guns_xlarge.jpeg

I bet if Oculus wanted to roll NSO, that NG would give us the same amount of notice that they did when joining Oculus.

i remember finding out by having caustic link to the OWF post in #nso but i also was not high up at the time

I'm still not following the logic behind "MI6 and TPF are getting rolled after MI6 spent months antagonizing -- or at best, not making up for prior antagonization of --the leading powersphere. That means you're next, world at large!"

I'm still not following the logic behind "MI6 and TPF are getting rolled after MI6 spent months antagonizing -- or at best, not making up for prior antagonization of --the leading powersphere. That means you're next, world at large!"

The problem people are seeing with Oculus so far is that it doesn't seem to attempt to establish an actual hegemony but operates more like an exclusive oligarchy that only acts in the interests of Oculus members.

What fundamentally separates a hegemony from an oligarchy is that a hegemony takes into account the interests of everyone while an oligarchy does not. That doesn't necessarily mean a hegemony is beneficial to everyone, but hegemonic powers attempt to clearly communicate their position in such a manner as to avoid unnecessary confusion.

What we have seen with Oculus thus far is a high level of unpredictability for non-Oculus members, reflected in actions like lack of notifying non-Oculus members or not clearly communicating a casus belli.

There's nothing "wrong" with the approach Oculus takes, but it is destabilizing in nature and puts other powers ill at ease. Edited by Immortan Junka