• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right; TPF actually ran out on its allies and NPO is fighting a war alongside its allies.

Seems like TPF should burn harder.

Yes, as I said the comparison of situations is exact, exfreakingzact but we're even worse. My god, I feel so guilty now.

So many Occulus posters just don't get it. What's at stake is how much can NPO's allies can trust them. TPF has burned multiple times and have shown unfailing loyalty to NPO. Instead of rewarding TPF with even token respect, NPO has led Occulus to go out of their way to attack TPF just for the sake of fun. NPO's current set of allies are going to look at that and think "why would we want to burn for that." You would think that NPO would have learned from their !@#$%* leadership of the Equilibrium War, that how they conduct themselves in one war has great repercussions on how they fare in the following. I guess they will have to be taught twice, and the lesson will probably come at the hands of several of NPO's current allies.

It's kinda you that doesn't get it.  NPO has left a bloody trail of former allies behind them through Planet Bob history since almost the beginning.  The question isn't "why would we want to burn for that?", the question is why did TPF think they would be treated any different than anyone previous?  When NPO is done for you, expect a shallow grave.

It's kinda you that doesn't get it.  NPO has left a bloody trail of former allies behind them through Planet Bob history since almost the beginning.  The question isn't "why would we want to burn for that?", the question is why did TPF think they would be treated any different than anyone previous?  When NPO is done for you, expect a shallow grave.

It's a common testimony you will hear when talking to most any former NPO ally. To SCY's credit, it doesn't matter how many times you hear it, see it, feel it...it still never makes any more sense, and to the betrayed, it still hurts just as much. TPF's  staunch loyalty to a fault is admirable, even if NPO is taking a dump on it. Hold your head high, mighty Phoenix Federation, you are an alliance of unmatched class and character, no one can take that from you. 

"TPF's staunch loyalty to a fault" is a pretty weird phrase given mhawk was basically the only reason they didn't bail on NPO 6 years ago

Yes Yes, I'm sure it was only MHawk.  The entire remainder of TPF engaged in several months of warfare completely against their own wishes and will. 

That's true...I had been warned.  

Yes Yes, I'm sure it was only MHawk.  The entire remainder of TPF engaged in several months of warfare completely against their own wishes and will.

Er, well, yeah, it was pretty much mhawk.

Or do you not remember that all of NPO's allies tried to bail until they were told they'd be hunted down? TPF specifically only entered because mhawk was leaving otherwise. Edited by Neo Uruk

It's a common testimony you will hear when talking to most any former NPO ally. To SCY's credit, it doesn't matter how many times you hear it, see it, feel it...it still never makes any more sense, and to the betrayed, it still hurts just as much. TPF's  staunch loyalty to a fault is admirable, even if NPO is taking a dump on it. Hold your head high, mighty Phoenix Federation, you are an alliance of unmatched class and character, no one can take that from you. 

There's always Doomsphere :awesome:

Er, well, yeah, it was pretty much mhawk.

Or do you not remember that all of NPO's allies tried to bail until they were told they'd be hunted down? TPF specifically only entered because mhawk was leaving otherwise.

And then they did this. http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/The_Phoenix_Federation_Resistance_Movement

What a time to be alive, welcome to the new politics. 

There is no new politics. 

You think sucker punching these alliances will breed hatred and new politics. You think MI6 is active enough to pull together the downtrodden and create a movement that will stand against these baseless attacks.

But really these alliances that have been defeated years and years ago aren't going to rise up and do shit. Fan, legion, R&R, CCC, Val, Fark, STA, MHA, NADC, RIA and many others/any combination of their allies will never rise and be an opposition. 

The only ones who are organized enough to actually bring them together are either vehemently hated by them or actively pursuing them. 

So many Occulus posters just don't get it. What's at stake is how much can NPO's allies can trust them. TPF has burned multiple times and have shown unfailing loyalty to NPO. Instead of rewarding TPF with even token respect, NPO has led Occulus to go out of their way to attack TPF just for the sake of fun. NPO's current set of allies are going to look at that and think "why would we want to burn for that." You would think that NPO would have learned from their !@#$%* leadership of the Equilibrium War, that how they conduct themselves in one war has great repercussions on how they fare in the following. I guess they will have to be taught twice, and the lesson will probably come at the hands of several of NPO's current allies.

No they understand that they won't be betrayed as long as they maintain usefulness. 

There is no new politics. 

You think sucker punching these alliances will breed hatred and new politics. You think MI6 is active enough to pull together the downtrodden and create a movement that will stand against these baseless attacks.

But really these alliances that have been defeated years and years ago aren't going to rise up and do !@#$. Fan, legion, R&R, CCC, Val, Fark, STA, MHA, NADC, RIA and many others/any combination of their allies will never rise and be an opposition. 

The only ones who are organized enough to actually bring them together are either vehemently hated by them or actively pursuing them. 

No they understand that they won't be betrayed as long as they maintain usefulness. 

first we is this sucker punch... seems to me MI6 knew this was inevitiable and could of maybe rethought their own politics more to prevent it.

As for TPF ... simple ... relations between NPO and TPF crumbled long before this time and there were many attempts to salvage a special freindship between the two alliances.  We alll know as time goes on that new leaders new people start to take over for the old and true.  Time does that..  As for betrayal that is not even close to being true.  WIthout bringing up the rest of the turkeyday posting TPF and NPO went different directions as they could not see eye to eye.  There is not one member that knows or has been a part of the history in NPO that does not feel some kind of hurt that we have come to this day. WIth that in mind we also understand that one has to move on.  There is not one person in NPO who does not think that TPF our honorable or loyal and that will never be a question.

first we is this sucker punch... seems to me MI6 knew this was inevitiable and could of maybe rethought their own politics more to prevent it.

As for TPF ... simple ... relations between NPO and TPF crumbled long before this time and there were many attempts to salvage a special freindship between the two alliances.  We alll know as time goes on that new leaders new people start to take over for the old and true.  Time does that..  As for betrayal that is not even close to being true.  WIthout bringing up the rest of the turkeyday posting TPF and NPO went different directions as they could not see eye to eye.  There is not one member that knows or has been a part of the history in NPO that does not feel some kind of hurt that we have come to this day. WIth that in mind we also understand that one has to move on.  There is not one person in NPO who does not think that TPF our honorable or loyal and that will never be a question.

MI6 didn't rethink their own politics by completely revamping their government and sending diplomats to literally every alliance active enough to mask them? 

Please enlighten me: What did MI6 do to NPO/you in your mind to become the enemy?  

MI6 didn't rethink their own politics by completely revamping their government and sending diplomats to literally every alliance active enough to mask them? 

Please enlighten me: What did MI6 do to NPO/you in your mind to become the enemy?

They told GOONS it was fine to raid our protectorates.

Existed?... or just simplely irrated all our allies one way or the other.  People seem to forget this is not a NPO action but a Oculus action. 

What hilarious sarcasm- the difference is that Kaksus fought by themselves and didn't need 10:1 oculus garbage to do it.

Low self esteem oculus... low self esteem... Edited by Lord Hitchcock

Deflection is the true cause of the demise of the OWF. 

Auctor is referring to when I declared on MI6 for those that don't get it, which really doesn't answer the question but rather confirms that in some twisted fashion Oculus believes these wars they draw up to be curbstomps (that they force when expansion doesn't happen) are entertaining. 

Reminds me of when teens played that knockout game in RL a few years back. 

And no I don't mean Oculus as it's current incarnation, I mean the people that have been running the planet for many years now. 

Existed?... or just simplely irrated all our allies one way or the other.  People seem to forget this is not a NPO action but a Oculus action. 

You have over half of the wars total; including double of the second most alliance in offensive wars (IRON).

More wars than every other alliance in Oculus minus IRON combined. 

Some combination of Seng/Umb may be the driving force; but the war doesn't happen without NPO. Result of being the lynchpin.