New Sith Order Declaration

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as a white man who rules a white nation on the white sphere which imports tech i am thoroughly against disrupting the free market in any way that isn't subsidizing my growth

also somebody better get me an oil trade before i get angry and start colonizing again

---

lmao this thread is 26 pages long

Just for the record, exactly how many spheres has the new Stupid order requested I be sanctioned on, after attacking me without provocation, cause, or even a declaration?

DK is requesting the sanctions no longer continue from what I've heard from DK. Already DK has lifted my sanction on Pink, whether NSO & Kashmir lift the sanctions or keeps them despite of this will be interesting to see.

Its disappointing to see Fark sanctioning people based on NSO declaring war on them & then requesting their opponent sanctioned. Its not like sanctions on white or aqua will really effect us, but based on principle they should remove them.

DK is requesting the sanctions no longer continue from what I've heard from DK. Already DK has lifted my sanction on Pink, whether NSO & Kashmir lift the sanctions or keeps them despite of this will be interesting to see.

Its disappointing to see Fark sanctioning people based on NSO declaring war on them & then requesting their opponent sanctioned. Its not like sanctions on white or aqua will really effect us, but based on principle they should remove them.

Yes, I am not talking about the DK requests, I am following up on those with the appropriate channels.

The nSo requests are a horse of a different color, and I wanted a count. 56 does seem excessive but if that's how Stupid wants it counted I don't have a problem with that.

I see the wave of Fark sanctions today requested by NSO include a Monsters Inc nation, so an official response from NSO on whether these sanctions are left overs from before they heard the news or they are pursuing sanctions of their own separate from the DK ones against us would be nice.

Just as an update, since MI has surrendered and is now out of this war, Doom Kingdom has let the various senators know that we are no longer requesting sanctions of MI, CA or LN.  Thank you to our allies and others who helped us with this matter.

The reason I don't leak logs isn't to avoid war, it's to not betray people's trust. I'd expect the consequence of leaking wouldn't be war, but to lose that trust from people and the the benefit of that trust.
Likewise, I'd expect Lord Hitchcock to have lost the trust of some people for posting logs and therefore he'll lose the benefit that trust gave him.

We didn't declare because they leaked a log! We declared because a leaked log showed a plan to attack us and even included a timeline. 

I assume the same in conversations I have. My point is betrayal of that ends in loss of trust, not sanctions or war.

Your view on the consequences of leaking logs is noted. :P And, to be fair, I agree that a consequence of a log dump without permission from the other person/people in a private conversation is a loss of trust. 

However there are other concerns.  A big factor for Doom Kingdom was this particular log dump was clearly an attempt by a leader of an alliance involved in a long and heated war against an ally of ours to discredit a government member of OURS (note, not our ally) and possibly Doom Kingdom in general in the eye of another ally (again, an alliance NOT involved in this war) who is important to us AND to our security.  Essentially the log dump was meant to harm DK's reputation and thus was an form of attack against us.  Add to that the fact that Doom Kingdom was not a part of the war - an ally of Kashmir yes, but not involved or taking any official side.  I tried my best to stay out of it and only commented in public if DK's name was mentioned in a way I thought we needed to address.  THIS is something we don't want to happen again and we considered a number of ways to respond, all of them relatively harsh in order to discourage others from acting in a similar fashion in the future.   

It was especially inopportune of Hitchcock to leak them because prior to this, there was no reason for DK to be involved even at a tertiary level in this war; they didn't care and we (that being the SRA/Kashmir/NSO/TCA Coalition) never asked them to do anything.

Exactly.

Methrage is right here, it's not a morality debate at all but a common sense one.
Using sanctions over minor matters is the thin edge of a seriously stupid wedge.

Doom Kingdom does not see the log dump as a minor matter.  I've explained why above.

Regardless, in general just avoid dumping logs when we are involved without getting our okay.  That's the best way to avoid something like this in the future.

However there are other concerns.  A big factor for Doom Kingdom was this particular log dump was clearly an attempt by a leader of an alliance involved in a long and heated war against an ally of ours to discredit a government member of OURS (note, not our ally) and possibly Doom Kingdom in general in the eye of another ally (again, an alliance NOT involved in this war) who is important to us AND to our security.  Essentially the log dump was meant to harm DK's reputation and thus was an form of attack against us.  Add to that the fact that Doom Kingdom was not a part of the war - an ally of Kashmir yes, but not involved or taking any official side.  I tried my best to stay out of it and only commented in public if DK's name was mentioned in a way I thought we needed to address.  THIS is something we don't want to happen again and we considered a number of ways to respond, all of them relatively harsh in order to discourage others from acting in a similar fashion in the future.

A better explanation that has a valid point.

It's funny we're debating in the war declaration thread after peace has been declared.

Just for the record, exactly how many spheres has the new Stupid order requested I be sanctioned on, after attacking me without provocation, cause, or even a declaration?

I think that something or other was on page eight (or another page), as an aside in one of Varianz's post. No, you're not special enough to warrant an entirely new announcement.

Edited by Rebel Virginia

I think that something or other was on page eight (or another page), as an aside in one of Varianz's post. No, you're not special enough to warrant an entirely new announcement.

I have a count from Varianz of 56, now for you I have a different question, what was the reparations demanded of us per your previous posts my good man?

I have a count from Varianz of 56, now for you I have a different question, what was the reparations demanded of us per your previous posts my good man?

Of that I am not sure, but I do know that you all are a tiresome lot.

Edited by Rebel Virginia

Of that I am not sure, but I do know that you all are a tiresome lot.

You have no idea.

Just for my records, I think this was what I was looking for.

$1,620,000,000 is the new figure.

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

Well, as I'm sure you've made some denials since that last number was provided, I think it is safe to say that it has gone up. To get the new figure what you'll need to do is add $90,000,000 to it every time one of you said you would not be paying reparations (which you are going to do).

Therefore, to get the information you want you simply have to do some addition. Now make it so.

See folks. See the patience I just there demonstrated, and how I kindly showed that there thing how to do that other thing. That's called leadership, and it's also called being a role model. Follow my example. Get like me.

Edited by Rebel Virginia

Well, as I'm sure you've made some denials since that last number was provided, I think it is safe to say that it has gone up. To get the new figure what you'll need to do is add $90,000,000 to it every time one of you said you would not be paying reparations (which you are going to do).

Therefore, to get the information you want you simply have to do some addition. Now make it so.

See folks. See the patience I just there demonstrated, and how I kindly showed that there thing how to do that other thing. That's called leadership, and it's also called being a role model. Follow my example. Get like me.

You are the essence of benevolence, sir.

I like it when people call me sir. I'm taking $90,000,000 off the reparations your alliance owes us just for that small courtesy.

I think you have me confused.  I'm neither CA nor am I LN.  In fact, I've been fighting them for some time.

Feel free to dump that and more on them.

Edit:  On second thought, your slanderous implications make me revoke my previous sir and the benevolence that went with it.

Edited by smurthwaite

I think you have me confused.  I'm neither CA nor am I LN.  In fact, I've been fighting them for some time.

Feel free to dump that and more on them.

Edit:  On second thought, your slanderous implications make me revoke my previous sir and the benevolence that went with it.

Your thickheaded demeanor offends me. Next time, consider my intent before responding, lest your bullheadedness wind you and yours on the eparations boat along with the Meth Heads.

Edited by Rebel Virginia

I remember Rebel Virgina when he was a religious head of the Christian Faith... ahh, simpler times.

I miss those times, having the pope in the Caribbean was a spectacularly hilarious time.