Supernova X Imperial Decree

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your saying that Polar sacrificed itself in defense of it's incompetent ally (SNX) in the Doom War. Does Polar still view said ally incompetent?

Actually my reference went over alot of peoples heads. I was referring to IAA defending GATO in 2008, when I was Imperial Regent and Emperor, and our resulting EZI sentences and disbandment.

People are very quick to jump on my words and call me dishonorable, but they were never in the position I was.

This is such a train wreck.  It's actually worse than ignoring an MDP because it's a protectorate.  Trust is the currency of this world because it's the currency of politics and diplomacy.  [Snip]

Can we please stop with the faux outrage? Generally speaking protectorates do not sign treaties with other alliances and become drawn into political affairs.

SNX has gone through alot of turmoil since I have been here enjoying my retirement in Polaris, and I have a sneaking suspicion that this flew under the radar, and more importantly, that the protected party
party did not inform SNX of its new treaty arrangements.

While SNX can be blamed for its lack of attentiveness and activity, it is rather devious for a protected party to embroil itself in a political conflict and then cry bloody murder when the protector refuses to participate.

If I was still in SNX, I cannot deny that it would cross my mind to punish these guys for such impudence; but then again I do not believe in protectorates with anyone besides tech dealers or close friends. Edited by Tywin Lannister

So in Tywin Lannister's world, the correct way to deal with a treaty partner invoking a treaty is to declare war on them for having the audacity to invoke a treaty. 

If I had a treaty with any alliance he was in I would be cancelling out of self defense right now!

Can we please stop with the faux outrage? Generally speaking protectorates do not sign treaties with other alliances and become drawn into political affair.

SNX has gone through alot of turmoil since I have been here enjoying my retirement in Polaris, and I have a sneaking suspicion that this flew under the radar, and more importantly, that the protected party

While SNX can be blamed for its lack of attentiveness and activity, it is rather devious for a protected party to embroil itself in a conflict and then cry bloody murder when the protector refuses to participate.

If I was still in SNX and I was running a tight ship, I cannot deny that it would cross my mind to punish these guys for such impudence, but then again I do not believe in protectorates with almost anyone besides tech dealers or close friends.

What Faux outrage?  Was there a clause in the treaty stating that when TSO signed a treaty with another alliance the protectorate became null and void?  Hmmm...doesn't look like it.  

What's that?  SNX was in such turmoil inside they weren't aware that their protectorate was growing and becoming more diplomatic?  That would seem to be SNX's problem.

They had a protectorate with TSO.  They failed to honor that protectorate and then cancelled it, even ignoring the cancellation period.  Another terrible PR/FA move by an alliance run by Legion-X

What Faux outrage?  Was there a clause in the treaty stating that when TSO signed a treaty with another alliance the protectorate became null and void?  Hmmm...doesn't look like it.  

What's that?  SNX was in such turmoil inside they weren't aware that their protectorate was growing and becoming more diplomatic?  That would seem to be SNX's problem.

They had a protectorate with TSO.  They failed to honor that protectorate and then cancelled it, even ignoring the cancellation period.  Another terrible PR/FA move by an alliance run by Legion-X

This is the saddest part. Normally even the worst alliance can spin a tiny amount of legitimacy into their claims.

Can we please stop with the faux outrage? Generally speaking protectorates do not sign treaties with other alliances and become drawn into political affairs.

While SNX can be blamed for its lack of attentiveness and activity, it is rather devious for a protected party to embroil itself in a political conflict and then cry bloody murder when the protector refuses to participate.

If I was still in SNX, I cannot deny that it would cross my mind to punish these guys for such impudence; but then again I do not believe in protectorates with anyone besides tech dealers or close friends.

It is not faux outrage when for the first time in Planet Bobs history a protectorate is attacked and the protector runs away.  This is a failure and public face palm for the record books.  Why anybody would hold a treaty of any kind this group is beyond me.  Although to be honest in failures of this degree the alliance tends to fall apart not long after.  Nobody wants to be a part of a mess like that.  I know you are just desperate to defend and ally but, in this case you simply can not and not sound like an idiot.  

It is not faux outrage when for the first time in Planet Bobs history a protectorate is attacked and the protector runs away.  This is a failure and public face palm for the record books.  Why anybody would hold a treaty of any kind this group is beyond me.  Although to be honest in failures of this degree the alliance tends to fall apart not long after.  Nobody wants to be a part of a mess like that.  I know you are just desperate to defend and ally but, in this case you simply can not and not sound like an idiot.  

Yeah this is about as bad as it gets.  If you can't even defend protectorates, who on Bob will think you can come to the defense of a full-scale alliance?

I would take your collective angst more seriously if you didn't gleefully cheer dishonorable actions, like nuke rogue Tidybowlman reneging on his duel agreement by cowardly nuking me right before the stroke of midnight. And then running to PM a few seconds later.

Or the disgraceful military attacks against Avalanche and Guru Order who were noncombatants during the last war.

Or the unprovoked attacks against SNX and Invicta.

The list goes on...

Edited by Tywin Lannister

I would take your collective angst more seriously if you didn't gleefully cheer dishonorable actions, like nuke rogue Tidybowlman reneging on his duel agreement by cowardly nuking me right before the stroke of midnight. And then running to PM a few seconds later.

Or the disgraceful military attacks against Avalanche and Guru Order who were noncombatants during the last war.

Or the unprovoked attacks against SNX and Invicta.

The list goes on...

That doesn't change how dumb this move is. 

Props to Tywin for trying to make a non-BR topic about himself and his own experiences. I look forward to the inevitable references to the Stone Age island dwellers.

In other news, I'm actually a bit surprised at the breadth of agreement here.

This is like one of those "Brilliant Political moves" we used to see back in the day......

Those were usually "dissolutions" or "instant cancellations" of MD treaties, though, not of protectorates. SNX is truly breaking new bridges today.

Question to you good sir, 

What AA is Unjako on now?

The OP should make that clear. I believe his time with MI6 has civilized him into a pan-alliance existential Moldavian-nonsensicalist, although I am rather weak on political philosophy. I prefer to werk dem guns. Werk 'em leik ma cuz on a hawt summer's nite. :gun:

So he went back to MI-6?

From what I understand, Mi-6 and SNX has a decent relationship. Unjako, scallywag he is goes to SNX, they make him regent, he sticks his dingus in a picklejar, and then scarpers?

One simply must demand that the gents of Mi-6 loudly abuse Unjako for his massive political failure. Call out thread demanded. 

So he went back to MI-6?

From what I understand, Mi-6 and SNX has a decent relationship. Unjako, scallywag he is goes to SNX, they make him regent, he sticks his dingus in a picklejar, and then scarpers?

One simply must demand that the gents of Mi-6 loudly abuse Unjako for his massive political failure. Call out thread demanded. 

I was originally going to refer back to Krihelion (Unkajo's) original post, and then I looked up his AA, which is now MI6. You had me at a disadvantage, dear sir.

Is this announcement dead already?!?

If I was still in SNX, I cannot deny that it would cross my mind to punish these guys for such impudence; but then again I do not believe in protectorates with anyone besides tech dealers or close friends.

This would be a more credible line of defense had the new treaty arrangements been the cause of the trouble.

TSO did not "embroil itself in a political conflict" -- they were out and out attacked (or raided) out of the blue -- much like the attacks on SNX and Guru Order by the lulzists you later refer to.

Is this the impudence you refer to?  Is a protectorate being attacked a weird circumstance for a protector to participate in?  Especially when backed by a mini-coalition?

Again, it should be pointed out that Tywinn does NOT speak for SNX.