Imperial Decree - DBDC

Dajobo

Why do people keep saying this is "taking a stand"....

FFS are you all that gullible. Its a stand with zero risk. Polar will be (or is , depending on perspective) getting rolled soon. This "policy" will be defunct as part of any peace agreement down the road. Its a fish for warm fuzzies and hails. Its not a "stand"... Jesus educate yourselves about how Planet Bob works.

True, but on the flip side this stand could easily be used as a way to keep the New Polar Order in a state of perpetual war by anyone who feels inclined to. That would probably be the outcome if Dark Templar et al decide to take this announcement seriously.

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are a fool. The last umpteen global wars, thousands and thousands of tech deals on both sides were started and completed... not one was noted.. not one was targeted for action, not one even garnered a single OWF post,. much less an alliance-wide threat. This is Polar wanting some warm and fuzzies, and the Polar meatshields rushing here to give the warm and fuzzies.

To be fair though, Aid as an act of war has always been something people have followed - and more so in isolated smaller engagements. You are right in saying tech deals in large scale engagements have had gentlemanly conduct, but you can hardly claim DBDC have shown any such conduct in other areas. I don't agree that Polar will be able to enforce this throughout but it is not so wild and fanciful as people wish to paint it.

GK

It matters not if they have been inclined to do so before or not.  The fact is they will and you will not be able to anything about it.  In fact if I was leading the coalition on the otherside I would create a punishment in peace terms for every tech seller you attack.  If you attack any.  

I can assure you that targets will be hit. We have hundreds of Polars champing the bit to get some action - it's hard sitting back when the others are having all the fun.

But your original point (which I was responding to), seemed to suggest that our actions would cause other nations to send tech to DBDC - those who wouldn't necessarily have been inclined to before - which I think is a bit of a stretch in terms of the situation you describe. Apologies if I misinterpreted your post...

Once Polar is burning it will lead to random people sending tech to DBDC just to taunt them.  

Looking the DBDC aid screen.. seeing some Mushroom Kingdom AA nations... reminds me of this....

The Mushroom Kingdom alliance affiliation will be protected by The Last Remnants and The Order of the Paradox for as long as they see fit. The Alchemy AA will also be protected for thirty (30) days.

I am unaware that TOP ever ceased its protection, we damn sure have not. I double dog dare you touch one.

It would be a kindness to push over the rotted corpse of MK and light it on fire.  For an alliance that supposedly disbanded a very long time ago, those who control the AA seem to have trouble letting go.

5 more years of nuclear winter.

I like your optimism.

OOC: mostly because that would imply we'll still be here playing in 5 years in order to enjoy it

We'll see what happens next.

I can assure you that targets will be hit. We have hundreds of Polars champing the bit to get some action - it's hard sitting back when the others are having all the fun.

But your original point (which I was responding to), seemed to suggest that our actions would cause other nations to send tech to DBDC - those who wouldn't necessarily have been inclined to before - which I think is a bit of a stretch in terms of the situation you describe. Apologies if I misinterpreted your post...

Polar have put themselves on the path of self-enforced lower tier fighting. DBDC fund smaller nations, who are willing to fight and send Tech to DBDC while doing so. Costs them nothing all the while that Nation's alliance mate down declare on NpO fighters. Pummel, pummel, pummel. I don't see how this works out for Polar unless you come out of this war as victor.

GK

True, but on the flip side this stand could easily be used as a way to keep the New Polar Order in a state of perpetual war by anyone who feels inclined to. That would probably be the outcome if Dark Templar et al decide to take this announcement seriously.

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought this.

Not too worried about AZTEC considering their little panic attack a couple months back over peace mode drills.

Polar have put themselves on the path of self-enforced lower tier fighting. DBDC fund smaller nations, who are willing to fight and send Tech to DBDC while doing so. Costs them nothing all the while that Nation's alliance mate down declare on NpO fighters. Pummel, pummel, pummel. I don't see how this works out for Polar unless you come out of this war as victor.

GK

That's alot of work for people handling multiple nations. It would take a degree of caring which would be surprising from those claiming our world (ooc: game) is dead.

If you have people chomping at the bit perhaps you have some ally that needs help?  Better that than wasting your resources on ill thought out plan that will effect nothing and only set Polar up for future punishment.  

There is a big difference between fighting the Order and a micro.

The difference being that said micro was better organised and had been built for war while the Order hasn't really fought a proper war in over a year and is cumbersome in design. We could hold our ground, you on the other hand were unable to personally win a 1vs1.

What a brave new world we live in where the time old convention of "don't aid another's enemy" has now resulted in 6pages of trolling...

Honestly, I'm wonderinf if polar will go scorch the land route and start sanctioning nations

In case you haven't figured it out yet, DBDC has kept a wide variety of alliances in fear that their upper tier nations will be attacked for too long already.  In essence, a perpetual state of war, particularly for those alliances that have had members attacked over and over again.  One would hope that alliances like FAN, and those small alliances that have been attacked by DBDC in the past would join with NpO in this effort.  It would certainly make things more interesting.

In case you haven't figured it out yet, DBDC has kept a wide variety of alliances in fear that their upper tier nations will be attacked for too long already.  In essence, a perpetual state of war, particularly for those alliances that have had members attacked over and over again.  One would hope that alliances like FAN, and those small alliances that have been attacked by DBDC in the past would join with NpO in this effort.  It would certainly make things more interesting.

True, but the horse has bolted in terms of Doombird Doomcave, it's too late for anyone to even attempt to touch them. Would it be a good idea for FAN to assist the New Polar Order against DBDC and their tech sellers? Probably not because they have more than likely gotten over their past conflicts and wouldn't want to have to fight alongside someone they may not respect. I might be wrong though, so who knows.

Not too worried about AZTEC considering their little panic attack a couple months back over peace mode drills.

I have zero idea what you are talking about. 

Edited by Bob

i'd much rather this become one of those threads where rush argues with people than yet another tywin thread

i don't know what's going on enough to comment on this but my thoughts are "it is interesting but probably will backfire or amount to little"

still, who gives a shit, at least it's not [insert cbless pre-planned war declaration here]

Indeed it would. It might even make it more effective. Perhaps some alliances could maybe, I dunno, BOYCOTT their members selling tech to DBDC? It's not like there aren't PLENTY of other potential buyers out there...it's pretty much always a seller's market.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

That's alot of work for people handling multiple nations. It would take a degree of caring which would be surprising from those claiming our world (ooc: game) is dead.

It is not a lot of work at all. It means every time NpO wish to flex this muscle you will be enacting the right of a whole coalition escalation over and over. I just don't see how it is sustainable for you or for your allies if you come out losing this war.

GK

i'd much rather this become one of those threads where rush argues with people than yet another tywin thread

i don't know what's going on enough to comment on this but my thoughts are "it is interesting but probably will backfire or amount to little"

still, who gives a !@#$, at least it's not [insert cbless pre-planned war declaration here]

I wonder if he still sees pink elephants.

Looking the DBDC aid screen.. seeing some Mushroom Kingdom AA nations... reminds me of this....

The Mushroom Kingdom alliance affiliation will be protected by The Last Remnants and The Order of the Paradox for as long as they see fit. The Alchemy AA will also be protected for thirty (30) days.

I am unaware that TOP ever ceased its protection, we damn sure have not. I double dog dare you touch one.

Well said.  Would be proud to fight with you there.  Or to defend any ODN ally from this silliness.   But I doubt I will ever have to because I doubt Polar will act on it.

Why do people keep saying this is "taking a stand"....

FFS are you all that gullible. Its a stand with zero risk. Polar will be (or is , depending on perspective) getting rolled soon. This "policy" will be defunct as part of any peace agreement down the road. Its a fish for warm fuzzies and hails. Its not a "stand"... Jesus educate yourselves about how Planet Bob works.

What's even better rush, is they are overlooking the key word here 'may'.

The may is what makes this such a farce.

In other words, this isn't a principled stand.  Polar has no intention of fighting people who aid DBDC on principle.  If its not politically expedient, they won't do it.  The only way this will ever use it, is if they want an excuse to hit someone without a real CB.

You want to take a stand on honor polar?  You really think people aiding DBDC need to be punished?

Take out the 'may'.  Make it you WILL.   You actually start fighting with everyone who aids DBDC I will respect you a ton.    You use this as a pr tool or to cherry pick one or two AAs without the political clout to defend themselves from you?  Well... ::spreads hands::

Seriously.  "May" come in, indeed.  IF you really think aiding DBDC is an act of war/aggression on polar or your allies hit by dbdc, than whats it say about you that you only MAY defend them.

Indeed it would. It might even make it more effective. Perhaps some alliances could maybe, I dunno, BOYCOTT their members selling tech to DBDC? It's not like there aren't PLENTY of other potential buyers out there...it's pretty much always a seller's market.

They get tech from pretty much 3 groups.  None of whom are going to boycott and all whom have plenty of allies to crush anybody who tries to stop them.

True, but the horse has bolted in terms of Doombird Doomcave, it's too late for anyone to even attempt to touch them. Would it be a good idea for FAN to assist the New Polar Order against DBDC and their tech sellers? Probably not because they have more than likely gotten over their past conflicts and wouldn't want to have to fight alongside someone they may not respect. I might be wrong though, so who knows.

I acknowledged a long time ago that the only thing standing between Cuba and 1 mill NS is Cuba.  Same could said about some of the other members of DBDC.  However, cutting tech supplies to most of the rest would make DBDC more vulnerable long term.  Ultimately if Cuba has only a tiny number of direct followers, the ability of his alliance to influence world events is much diminished.  

As for the balance of your remarks, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.  That's how it is in the real world, and it tends to be true on Planet Bob as well.

Valhalla has a "do not sell list" and has for a long time.  You are correct that more alliances should, particularly to alliances that condone rogue behavior by their members.