Imperial Decree - DBDC

Dajobo

They get tech from pretty much 3 groups.  None of whom are going to boycott and all whom have plenty of allies to crush anybody who tries to stop them.

Well, one can always hope.

Brb, sending tech to DBDC...

o/ DBDC

Nice to see you support rogue raids on established alliances :V:

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A policy such as this is realistically impossible to enforce and now you're just giving people reasons to spite you, by issuing a blanket declaration of war against anybody sending tech to DBDC. And even if you somehow managed to pin down all of the individuals who send tech to DBDC and attacked them, you still can't physically prevent them from sending tech and you'd also have to deal with matters on an alliance level since, you know, alliances protect their members.

This was also the worst possible time you could've announced this.

Edited by Helios

A policy such as this is realistically impossible to enforce and now you're just giving people reasons to spite you, by issuing a blanket declaration of war against anybody sending tech to DBDC. And even if you somehow managed to pin down all of the individuals who send tech to DBDC and attacked them, you still can't physically prevent them from sending tech and you'd also have to deal with matters on an alliance level since, you know, alliances protect their members.

This was also the worst possible time you could've announced this.

It's actually pretty easy to enforce this policy. It is a matter of looking for nations who send tech to DBDC and then attacking them. Polar doesn't need to hit every single nation sending tech to DBDC for it to be effective because smaller nations who can't afford to be attacked on a regular basis will naturally start selling their tech elsewhere. Overtime the pool of nations willing to sell tech to DBDC will naturally shrink until a time when the only nations willing to sell to DBDC will be these pesky Android clone tech farms.

I made the video, so I figured I may as well share it! xD

https://vimeo.com/111954209

It started simply enough: a few people on NpO's IRC rejoicing the recent move against DBDC's tech suppliers. Then it escalated. I wondered aloud if I'd get away with firing a few celebratory shots out of my window. Buuyo said no, but Spoofmaniac egged me on... before suggesting that I couldn't get away with it if I used my silencer. Desperate to prove the efficacy of the item I spent hundreds of dollars on, I did it.

This is that.

I blame any action portrayed in the video on the abundance of alcohol* in my system. My thank to the makers of 'Smith & Forge Hard Cider' for putting me in my current state, and the Advanced Armament Corporation for selling me the Tirant-9, which is affixed to my Glock 19. Good times. *Alcohol is standard for members of Pax; sobriety is the exception rather than the rule.

Oh. And, suck it, Spoof. My silencer works just fine. (The gun was fired into a secure backstop.)

Edited by MichaelH43ID

It's actually pretty easy to enforce this policy. It is a matter of looking for nations who send tech to DBDC and then attacking them. Polar doesn't need to hit every single nation sending tech to DBDC for it to be effective because smaller nations who can't afford to be attacked on a regular basis will naturally start selling their tech elsewhere. Overtime the pool of nations willing to sell tech to DBDC will naturally shrink until a time when the only nations willing to sell to DBDC will be these pesky Android clone tech farms.

Well your final point is what kind of defeats your argument.

Yeah, they can probably get rid of most legitimate sellers in other alliances. First to go would be non-allied entities, then secondary allies and possibly, eventually, if they could gather the appropriate force, primary allies. But then they'd have to deal with the ones who sell just to spite them, they'd have to deal with DBDC divisions, newbies and so on and so forth.

It's very difficult to completely stop a couple of small groups of 1-5k NS nations from spamming tech. One way or another, DBDC will get their tech.

Looking the DBDC aid screen.. seeing some Mushroom Kingdom AA nations... reminds me of this....

The Mushroom Kingdom alliance affiliation will be protected by The Last Remnants and The Order of the Paradox for as long as they see fit. The Alchemy AA will also be protected for thirty (30) days.

I am unaware that TOP ever ceased its protection, we damn sure have not. I double dog dare you touch one.

I will now be sending out free tech to every nation at war with Rush Sykes. 

Yeah, they can probably get rid of most legitimate sellers in other alliances. First to go would be non-allied entities, then secondary allies and possibly, eventually, if they could gather the appropriate force, primary allies. But then they'd have to deal with the ones who sell just to spite them, they'd have to deal with DBDC divisions, newbies and so on and so forth.

It's very difficult to completely stop a couple of small groups of 1-5k NS nations from spamming tech. One way or another, DBDC will get their tech.

So, the kind of control that Polaris is attempting is... it's not possible? So, if there is one thing the history of evolution has taught us it's that tech will not be contained. Tech breaks free, it expands to new territories and crashes through barriers, painfully, maybe even dangerously, but, uh... well, there it is.

We will have to wait and see I guess.

Since I don't think anyone has noted it yet, I will say it.

The irony of such a policy, is if it really works, DBDC would begin to drop in the ranks and actually become more of a problem, not less.

Oh yeah, right in the money.

Hit em hard, Polar.  :war:

I think you guys should join in if you're so eager.

Excellent move Polar, you have to cut these fools off somehow.

OK, well what about this?

Looking the DBDC aid screen.. seeing some Mushroom Kingdom AA nations... reminds me of this....

The Mushroom Kingdom alliance affiliation will be protected by The Last Remnants and The Order of the Paradox for as long as they see fit. The Alchemy AA will also be protected for thirty (30) days.

I am unaware that TOP ever ceased its protection, we damn sure have not. I double dog dare you touch one.

Unsure of the situation here.

Do you only talk in absolutes? Like all Muslims are terrorists, milk only comes in bags etc?

All non-bagged milk is infidel milk. There, covered all your points at once.

It would be a kindness to push over the rotted corpse of MK and light it on fire.  For an alliance that supposedly disbanded a very long time ago, those who control the AA seem to have trouble letting go.

I like your optimism.

OOC: mostly because that would imply we'll still be here playing in 5 years in order to enjoy it

We'll see what happens next.

I think you should take whatever anger you possess and use it to attack NPO again. I hear it's what the cool kids are doing.

DBDC have been naughty and should be spanked

+1 t you good sir

I made the video, so I figured I may as well share it! xD

https://vimeo.com/111954209

It started simply enough: a few people on NpO's IRC rejoicing the recent move against DBDC's tech suppliers. Then it escalated. I wondered aloud if I'd get away with firing a few celebratory shots out of my window. Buuyo said no, but Spoofmaniac egged me on... before suggesting that I couldn't get away with it if I used my silencer. Desperate to prove the efficacy of the item I spent hundreds of dollars on, I did it.

This is that.

I blame any action portrayed in the video on the abundance of alcohol* in my system. My thank to the makers of 'Smith & Forge Hard Cider' for putting me in my current state, and the Advanced Armament Corporation for selling me the Tirant-9, which is affixed to my Glock 19. Good times. *Alcohol is standard for members of Pax; sobriety is the exception rather than the rule.

Oh. And, suck it, Spoof. My silencer works just fine. (The gun was fired into a secure backstop.)

Noice

t severely restricts the flow, however.

Since I don't think anyone has noted it yet, I will say it.

The irony of such a policy, is if it really works, DBDC would begin to drop in the ranks and actually become more of a problem, not less.

And then they have to deal with the rest of us...no more easy ride for them.

Nice to see you have no sense of fun. Need to reign in on the fun all those young 'uns have huh?

Yes yes I do. It's my job ;)

I think you guys should join in if you're so eager.

OK, well what about this?

Unsure of the situation here.

All non-bagged milk is infidel milk. There, covered all your points at once.

I think you should take whatever anger you possess and use it to attack NPO again. I hear it's what the cool kids are doing.

Shouldn't y'all be looking after TSC? TJL is still allied to them or no?