An Annoucement from the Nordeich-Non Grata Front

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am asking you since Rayvon is your leader and you are in the alliance whose gov held a long ass grudge (one longer than 2.5 years). As for reps to humiliate, you are allied to the alliance who did this in the first place. So yeah, both your points are basically invalid mate.

Okay. Like I said, I couldn't have cared less about Polar.

And no, NG imposed 6 million in reps because UPN would not pay 30m in reps before the start of the war. There's a major difference in reps for a reason and reps for a grudge.

The end of this war was supposed to usher in a new period of peace and stability. The lulzists were destroyed in Mushqaeda, and neo-imperialists were defeated in this war. A new Hegemony, a new Order is on its way, where all nations will partake in a new age of growth and prosperity. Wars as we know them will be a relic of the past.

However, one fragment of primitivist thought still reigns in this world. It is a spectre that haunts all alliances it doesnt call friend, exploiting and pillaging dozens of nations during the course of the war. A world death cult that elevates the ambitions of a God Emperor.

You just are so in need of an enema, because you are so full of.........

Hilow everyone. Do not fear any longer. It is I Ubuntu the Great leader of the mighty Zulu alliance. I have returned to these forums. I must say how fortunate these alliances are that Zulu did not enter this Frey. Outcome would have been opposite. Although we have not been involved in such war lately. Zulu still at war with Doombirdcage people. I am still currently awaiting their surrender announcement.

OMG, surely not, is there truly room in Planet Bob for two so alike

Brother in Arms! Great Chief! Together the world must stand against tyranny!

Then surely two have flown over the Cuckoo's nest

Am I doing this right, TurnipCruncher?

Lol, not really

Too bad we couldn't burn Nordreich to the ground but it's good to see the hammer and sickle flying over Berlin ;)

Dream on

UPN has no nations in the top 250 (well not anymore anyway), so odds are the source of the smell isn't them.  However, not the best of show collecting token reps.  Ask and demand real reps or don't ask.

Every now and then we happen to agree on something.

Glad to see this war wrapped up. I don't think I got to meet any NGer on the field of battle, but I think I can still tell you well fought. 

Also was I the only one reading Nemhauser's post with Herr Otto Flick's voice in mind?

Edited by alyster

Cheers on achieving peace on this front.

Most of NoR were fine opponents, thumbs up for that. They clearly were fighting because they enjoyed the game. A shame others only war because they enjoy their ego.

The reason why the UPN reps are interesting to me, is not that they are getting back at us from a war many years ago, but that we were then allied to them after that war.  So if they kept the butthurt up all those years, why didn't they just ask for the money when we were allied?  This leads me to believe what I already assumed, that the UPN-NG treaty was disingenuous by UPN and not signed in good faith.  This is evidenced by how they treated it (or ignored it rather) in the eQ war.  And it makes me realize that UPN is more of a straight up realpolitik alliance like TOP.  That helps me understand why they'd link up to TOP in the manner they did.  UPN and TOP share quite bit in common when it comes to foreign affairs.  Of course they differ greatly when it comes to military competence.

Am I doing this right, TurnipCruncher?

You do know that you are making your alliance look really awful right?  I'm going to chaulk this up to just a single member's opinion, but your MoFA position is baffling to me.  Might want to ask some people about what this role entails and what not to do.

Edited by Steve Buscemi

You do know that you are making your alliance look really awful right?  I'm going to chaulk this up to just a single member's opinion, but your MoFA position is baffling to me.  Might want to ask some people about what this role entails and what not to do.

It's a fallen world we live in where government members in alliances can just *say* things on the OWF in jest, I agree. My sincerest apologies to those I've offended.

The reason why the UPN reps are interesting to me, is not that they are getting back at us from a war many years ago, but that we were then allied to them after that war.  So if they kept the butthurt up all those years, why didn't they just ask for the money when we were allied?  This leads me to believe what I already assumed, that the UPN-NG treaty was disingenuous by UPN and not signed in good faith.  This is evidenced by how they treated it (or ignored it rather) in the eQ war.  And it makes me realize that UPN is more of a straight up realpolitik alliance like TOP.  That helps me understand why they'd link up to TOP in the manner they did.  UPN and TOP share quite bit in common when it comes to foreign affairs.  Of course they differ greatly when it comes to military competence.

I'm getting tired of this. Did I miss something or wasn't our treaty an ODP-level one? Expecting an ODP-level treaty that was just signed to trump our longer standing MDoAP-level treaties? Let's face it, eQ was a bad war for UPN's politics. We had partners on both sides of the conflict, a fact that played into the decision to not enter. Actually, to be blunt, we had several allies on EQ and we had you on Competence. This is nothing new in politics and it has fractured relationships before. Acting like we did something wrong is pompous.

There was a very real pro-NG sentiment in UPN when the treaty was signed. I'll be honest, the repeated mentions of exactly what you just said, "This is evidenced by how they treated it (or ignored it rather) in the eQ war" have been what sent this whole relationship downhill for me. Entering the war on your side would have meant ignoring several MDoAP-level relationships that we have always held firm to. Simply expecting that to happen is even worse manipulation than what people have accused Polaris of doing to us.

When the NG treaty was signed, I was more than happy to put aside things of the past. I'm pretty sure that I was the only person in government that ever harbored any animosity over NG-UPN, so the fact that I let the treaty go through with a smile should be indicative of how serious we were. There was even talk of drastically changing our treaties list at the time to make us more aligned with NG. It got pretty far too, you'd be surprised. Of course, as time went on, I swear that (when taken out of context) UPN's relationship with NG began to resemble an abusive one more and more. The calm way you expected us to join your side of battle against a coalition containing our MDoAP-level allies, the way you expected it after you beat us up, and now you're even suspecting us of plotting against you all along. It's a textbook abusive relationship and it is frightening.

When I supported the $6 million reps proposal back in November of last year, it was because it symbolically meant (to me) that we were done with this whole thing. No one owes anyone anything. We're just done with this.

Edited by Dexomega

yeah going into a losing war to support an ally who needs help sure is manipulation

also no the $6m reps just means you're being petty and re-opening the grudge. If Polar had asked for some bullshit number from NSO I would be here harping on them, too. But they didn't, so I'm glad to say that hatchet is buried.

Edited by Neo Uruk

When I supported the $6 million reps proposal back in November of last year, it was because it symbolically meant (to me) that we were done with this whole thing. No one owes anyone anything. We're just done with this.

Thats good to hear, however there is a flipside to that coin. You may be done with it however it takes two to tango.

The end of this war was supposed to usher in a new period of peace and stability. The lulzists were destroyed in Mushqaeda, and neo-imperialists were defeated in this war. A new Hegemony, a new Order is on its way, where all nations will partake in a new age of growth and prosperity. Wars as we know them will be a relic of the past.

However, one fragment of primitivist thought still reigns in this world. It is a spectre that haunts all alliances it doesnt call friend, exploiting and pillaging dozens of nations during the course of the war. A world death cult that elevates the ambitions of a God Emperor.

HAHA wrong guy :P Edited by H2BKs

Thats good to hear, however there is a flipside to that coin. You may be done with it however it takes two to tango.

I understand this. One can only hope their membership sees it as mirror being held up to them rather than whatever Steve sees it as.

In any case, the rowdiest members of the crowd won't change our stance on the reps here. Cry foul as you may, this was a decision that we agreed on. We'll deal with the consequences of our actions if we need to.

UPN has no nations in the top 250 (well not anymore anyway), so odds are the source of the smell isn't them.  However, not the best of show collecting token reps.  Ask and demand real reps or don't ask.

You're missing the point of these "token reps".  If it was just a random demand, I would agree, but it's not.