Declaration From The Independent Republic of Orange Nations

duelking

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/C&G-MHA_War?action=historyHowever, Os, Schatt is right in that ODN did DoW Sparta's bloc-mate MHA (when they weren't at war even) when you were allied to Sparta at the time. here's the DoW you posted. http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=107320

I think Os said that, he said GATO preempted MHA and ODN declared on MA since Monos Archein wasn't around anymore i think he meant Mandatory Aggression as in no option for them.

You entered knowing our Aftermath allies were split and heavily engaged elsewhere. Knowing full well most of our backup was heavily engaged already at that point. Then realized we were an easy target, for you to hit with little repercussions. Luckily for us, we had someone looking out for us and help did come.

Actually ODN did not go for the easy target, I discussed it with Os before they went in and they were fully aware that Fark and (at that time it was believed to be IRON instead of Polar) were waiting to counter. So they knew they would get a rough time, they only wanted to avoid a second EQ, which I believe is quite reasonable since they had 40 alliances declare on them during EQ.

Thinking ODN tried to pick an easy target is assuming your coalition doesn't have massive leaks all over the place, which as an outsider I can tell you would be a pretty faulty assumption.

Anyway, no love lost between me and NG, but this is a very weak move.. and since people are trying to justify it by pointing out what other alliances did in prior wars i think everyone knows it. Whatever stupid moves ODN or anyone else made in the past doesn't make this one any better. It only proves there's a precedent for stupidity in CN.. So congratulations for pointing out the most obvious thing in CN. Edited by EgoFreaky

I understand your point of view, but legally everyone could just say that in the future. It would cause chaos if that was acceptable. I kind of figured IRON telling them in advance they didn't want to take part in the war to fuck over Polar was good enough. I mean at that time IRON most likely even expected NG to pull off a victory since they were planning it so far ahead and they found it morally wrong to just kick someone because you can.

Although morals do not define a treaty being existent or not. Non Grata acted aggressively and they aggressively started this war, and it wasn't how they intended. It is clear that the treaty is a optional aggression pact.

I'd argue that this game planet works this way since its conception big bang. That's how Coalitions are built and Hegemonies destroyed. With the sole difference that people claim canceling treaties beforehand justifies everything. Although everyone knows long beforehand whose getting rolled next.

We have imo two possibilities: Condemn the cancellation of treaties until a losing war is over. Or actually looking at the real situation at hand, and judging coalitions by friendships. 

Long standing treaties were always based on a good communication between alliances that lead to a friendship. 

Edited by NoMercy

I wonder if [S]this is how[/S] IRON thinks these days.

i66h.png

Fixed that for you.

Maybe IRON should have cancelled the treaty if they didn't like what they were doing. It's not like they didn't cancel one of the longest-standing MDPs in CN history in the lead-up to this war or anything.

Rather than keeping a dead treaty around for the sake of political convenience and then pretending it didn't exist when it inevitably gets brought up.

I agree that they should have cancelled this treaty but they hardly cancelled the TOP treaty in the build up to this war, trying to pawn that off as linear set of events is pretty misleading and not even close to accurate.

All I can say about this is that I hope IRON's membership doesn't suffer to much from this decision. Good luck navigating the path ahead IRON, I fear it may be a little bumpy.

If anyone can do it, Polar can. :P 

Sorry, sounded funny to me.

LOL nice one. I'm thinking the Tri-Iron War. Now we have a notable event that we can decide a name for the war for. Great job solving the world's problems Roadie.

This is easily the worst decision IRON has made since the Woodstock massacre. You shame the fathers of the Republic.

You need to change your signature and you're forum AA. It says your nation has been in NG for a 213 days now. Edited by Rotavele

The IRON of today makes GATO at its lowest look good.  And that is how low you have fallen.  Seriously how did it get to this point?  IRON has become everything it used to look down upon and laugh at.  Welcome to WAE IRON, I never thought I would see the day.          

Ill be honest and say that I have been away for some time due to lack of time IRL / interest, I dont even know what this war is over I just turned up for the party.  

You may be correct in that IRON may have fallen from whatever (if any) historical grace it once held within the CN community, I dont know as Im not around enough to take note, maybe we are now in terminal decline as CNs larger alliances loose members to the ever increasing smaller niche alliances or we are just that crap people are leaving.  I just dont know these days, I log in, collect taxes, drop nukes and log out.

For my part though I will say that during the years that I was very active in the game there is one alliance that comes to mind as WAE and that is The Phoenix Federation (TPF)  - not through the fault of its membership but due to the leadership that existed at the time and the tactics that were employed.  TPF signed up to World Unity Treaty not long before it imploded, then signed up to The Unjust Path.  In the run up to the UjP War TPF decided it didnt like its friends any more because theyre being idiots and negotiated a white peace with us even before it had made a DoW in support of its friends that it had already planned to leave high and dry.  TPF entered the UjP war having already negotiated a white peace with IRON/NpO governments with some GGA leadership also in the loop, TPF entered the war only to save face having already negotiated and agreed a way out of the war before it had even fired its first nuke leaving its "friends" to the delightful order of the day - military devastation followed by crippling reparations (for the time these were big sums) and obscene terms in hindsight imposed by us the victors on its friends.

Some fun facts of the day:

Unjust Path Signatory Alliances  -  Terms Offered

Golden Sabres  :  Surrenders - $185m to all alliances it fought (this was a small offshoot of FAN if I remember rightly, only small something like 40 odd members)

\m/  :  Become an "eternal tech farm" of Polaris, minimum military, no military improvements, and have a Polar Viceroy imposed.  \m/ chose to disband (at least 100 members)

Genmay  :  Disbands.

Mushroom Kingdom  :  Surrenders - £600m reparations 

GOONS  :  Fought VietFAN style, pummeled/forced into peace mode for 9 months or so then disbanded.

The Phoenix Federation  :   White Peace

You were TPF's Minister of War from memory or very senior TPF military as I remember discussions with you during/post war.  With all of the above in mind I find it puzzling that you think that you are in a position to be handing out WAE nominations.

For all the idiotic things that I have witnessed or heard about in all these years (including within my own alliance), TPF's underhanded capitulation on multiple treaty partners and abandoning them in every sense of the word before a shot was even fired is at the forefront of my mind when people say WAE is X-ALLIANCE - no, I remember those days with TPF.  

Did you guys ever come clean to MK/GOONs and friends about this?

Ill be honest and say that I have been away for some time due to lack of time IRL / interest, I dont even know what this war is over I just turned up for the party.  

You may be correct in that IRON may have fallen from whatever (if any) historical grace it once held within the CN community, I dont know as Im not around enough to take note, maybe we are now in terminal decline as CNs larger alliances loose members to the ever increasing smaller niche alliances or we are just that crap people are leaving.  I just dont know these days, I log in, collect taxes, drop nukes and log out.

For my part though I will say that during the years that I was very active in the game there is one alliance that comes to mind as WAE and that is The Phoenix Federation (TPF)  - not through the fault of its membership but due to the leadership that existed at the time and the tactics that were employed.  TPF signed up to World Unity Treaty not long before it imploded, then signed up to The Unjust Path.  In the run up to the UjP War TPF decided it didnt like its friends any more because theyre being idiots and negotiated a white peace with us even before it had made a DoW in support of its friends that it had already planned to leave high and dry.  TPF entered the UjP war having already negotiated a white peace with IRON/NpO governments with some GGA leadership also in the loop, TPF entered the war only to save face having already negotiated and agreed a way out of the war before it had even fired its first nuke leaving its "friends" to the delightful order of the day - military devastation followed by crippling reparations (for the time these were big sums) and obscene terms in hindsight imposed by us the victors on its friends.

Some fun facts of the day:

Unjust Path Signatory Alliances  -  Terms Offered

Golden Sabres  :  Surrenders - $185m to all alliances it fought (this was a small offshoot of FAN if I remember rightly, only small something like 40 odd members)

\m/  :  Become an "eternal tech farm" of Polaris, minimum military, no military improvements, and have a Polar Viceroy imposed.  \m/ chose to disband (at least 100 members)

Genmay  :  Disbands.

Mushroom Kingdom  :  Surrenders - £600m reparations 

GOONS  :  Fought VietFAN style, pummeled/forced into peace mode for 9 months or so then disbanded.

The Phoenix Federation  :   White Peace

You were TPF's Minister of War from memory or very senior TPF military as I remember discussions with you during/post war.  With all of the above in mind I find it puzzling that you think that you are in a position to be handing out WAE nominations.

For all the idiotic things that I have witnessed or heard about in all these years (including within my own alliance), TPF's underhanded capitulation on multiple treaty partners and abandoning them in every sense of the word before a shot was even fired is at the forefront of my mind when people say WAE is X-ALLIANCE - no, I remember those days with TPF.  

Did you guys ever come clean to MK/GOONs and friends about this?

That's all been public knowledge since it happened or shortly thereafter, you know there are no secrets in this world.. You are correct though that it is arguably one of the least honorable moves in CN history.

Something TPF can tell about these kind of knuckleheaded moves is they are never forgotten. A hamhanded handling of FA such as this won't be forgotten either. Just because TBB was part of a terrible move, doesn't mean he can't spot another one. If anything, it makes him better at seeing short sighted decisions.

Non Grata acted aggressively and they aggressively started this war, and it wasn't how they intended. It is clear that the treaty is a optional aggression pact.

Actually, Fark/NpO/TOP aggressively started this war with an attack on NSO. NG merely entered on a mutual defense clause when its ally was aggressively hit. NpO has readily acknowledged and accepted that it does not consider NG to have any aggressive intentions on them, and even in the lack of such an acknowledgement you can't call giving reason for a pre-empt to be "starting" the war.

Hell, if you're going to be using that logic you'd be arguing that the "everything must die" pre-empt by DH on NPO back in 2011 was actually started *by NPO*. NPO certainly had more public beef on MK then than NG does on Polar now.

Actually, Fark/NpO/TOP aggressively started this war with an attack on NSO. NG merely entered on a mutual defense clause when its ally was aggressively hit. NpO has readily acknowledged and accepted that it does not consider NG to have any aggressive intentions on them, and even in the lack of such an acknowledgement you can't call giving reason for a pre-empt to be "starting" the war.

Hell, if you're going to be using that logic you'd be arguing that the "everything must die" pre-empt by DH on NPO back in 2011 was actually started *by NPO*. NPO certainly had more public beef on MK then than NG does on Polar now.

Letum, you quoted me wrong there. I didn't say that. 

Then again, CB discussion is CB discussion, you can see it both ways. If NSO were coming Polar, it would have been a defensive strike. It can be seen both ways. 

In all fairness that's because the aggressive wing of NG broke off and outright attacked Polar already. NG is hardly by any means a peaceful bunch. Though, they were in no position to take the fight to us, otherwise, they would have joined their friends, I am sure. 

To claim NpO are the aggressors here is ignorant of history. Why would NpO let themselves be hit and destroyed again? NpO reacted to backroom aggression with frontal aggression. Don't bother with the spin. I get you're just trying to make an argument for NG's sake, but still, it needs to be said.