Heading down for a midnight snack... and I can guess what kind

Is NATO going to leave the war early, like they did in the Dave War, cause another ally pressures them to? Oh... are we forgetting that?

Except for the fact that we were the ally that was "abandoned" and now, more than one year later, we are in a bloc with NATO. But please, don't let facts get in the way of your argument.

Saving RnR so they can settle their one way grudge with HB? I DARE them to try.

Point number 1: I keep hearing about this grudge we would be having with HB. Believing I'm entitled to speak about it, I will say what I said to multiple people, being them allies of HB, bystanders, ally of ours: we don't like HB, sure, but that does not mean we are looking for a way to have at them. It's not how R&R rolls. If you don't understand this, I can't help you.

Point number 2: R&R stands by its blocmates, and our position was made clear before the war started to the allies of ours who were likely to enter the conflict on Polar's side. Apart for this, DDL put it nicely and truthfully in the opening post.

Sad to see this, but you you gotta do what you gotta do.

This is the simple truth.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see how you would feel that way, if it makes you feel any better when it looked like ya'll were the ones getting rolled we let our allies on the aggressor side know we'd be going in for XX/Aft :P  I guess we are just suckers for being on the losing side :D

Although Elf, you have to admit that you guys didn't try very hard to keep us out lol.  our MD ally got dogpiled through a ghost declaration for declaring on TOP, not something that was going to fly in our AA.  But that's how we roll :/

Doubt that will be the only Ally that gets hit this war. Not much we can do to stop that. The only one we are directly connected to is you guys. I don't want to see any undue harm come to you.

Point number 2: R&R stands by its blocmates, and our position was made clear before the war started to the allies of ours who were likely to enter the conflict on Polar's side. Apart for this, DDL put it nicely and truthfully in the opening post.This is the simple truth.

Its humourous that before RnR joined the bloc with NATO/TIO in the prior alliance debate on the bloc, I said they would drag RnR away from most of the other allies onto the NPO side but you said it wouldn't happen as they both want some independance from NPO influence, weldone being a meatshield.

I called it months ago.

Edited by the rebel

Its humourous that before RnR joined the bloc with NATO/TIO in the prior alliance debate on the bloc, I said they would drag RnR away from most of the other allies onto the NPO side but you said it wouldn't happen as they both want some independance from NPO influence, weldone being a meatshield.

I called it months ago.

RnR isn't fighting on NPO's side, RnR haven't been dragged anywhere, US is set up in a way so people don't get dragged along to burn for people they don't even like

We're not CnG

I called it months ago.

Seeing only one part of the whole thing is definitely a good way to reinforce one's opinions.

I called it months ago.

Defending allies =/= being a meat shield.

I called it months ago.

Hasn't even declared war and is a meatshield.

The other side doesn't have meatshields, Sparta isn't a meatshield?

What is a meatshield?

RnR isn't fighting on NPO's side, RnR haven't been dragged anywhere, US is set up in a way so people don't get dragged along to burn for people they don't even like

We're not CnG

Show me one time where C&G got dragged to burn for someone they didnt like. I'll wait. What a dumb thing to say.

Show me one time where C&G got dragged to burn for someone they didnt like. I'll wait. What a dumb thing to say.

I think his point was more that C&G doesn't give a minority member a say in their own fate.

I seem to remember C&G dragging one of their members away from defending an ally to defend someone else they weren't so keen on helping. A move that seemed to eventually help cost C&G that member.

I think his point was more that C&G doesn't give a minority member a say in their own fate.

I seem to remember C&G dragging one of their members away from defending an ally to defend someone else they weren't so keen on helping. A move that seemed to eventually help cost C&G that member.

You most assuredly do not recall any C&G member being dragged away from "defending" an ally. But this is a hair splitting argument that has been had a zillion times, and is not relevant to the current topic.  The specific point, ironically enough, was the assertion that we were dragged to defend someone we didnt like (which ironically would have been exactly the case, had LSF gotten its way... funny isnt it?) 

The overall theme for the thread though, is their DoW on Sparta, so it is pretty pointless to derail and hold older discussions on the issue. This was the only choice they could have made, if they expected their past reasons to mean anything going forward. 

Edited by Rush Sykes

Tough decision, but the way I see it even if TOP hadn't come in, NPO still would have come in on Polar and our allies would have hit back at NPO. It was kind of inevitable you'd have to choose a side and my initial analysis had you on that side as well, because it was the most logical decision given the level of treaty you hold with them. Nevertheless, still sucks being caught in the middle, and good luck to two good alliances!

Seeing only one part of the whole thing is definitely a good way to reinforce one's opinions.

If its good for you to do, then its good for me friend.

Or maybe C&G is just being strategically applied? Come on man,  you are better than this.

Indeed, but I couldn't miss upon the opportunity for a slight dig :ph34r:

Defending allies =/= being a meat shield.

I wasn't aware that RnR is allied to NPO?

But alas that's what happens when alliances with two different FA paths join together in a bloc. One side gets dragged oppersite to where most of their other treaties pull, hence meat shield.

Do you extend your war declarations to Sparta's high tier too? So far you didn't really touch them, but i know for sure that Alex would welcome more wars. Or maybe the former war deserters in TIO aren't ready to fight?

After their bout with MQ do they even have anyone in range of Sparta's upper tier?