New Polar Order Declaration of War

Dajobo

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So are we ready to settle into this thing?  Have some fun, throw some nukes, and play this out.  It's why we're all still here anyway, no one plays to pay bills.

Well war is one way to lower your bill payment :p

By all means - find some way to make yourself useful. Play with those lists.

Haha I love the attempts to divide. Keep trying. Paradox on Shrooms, a hilarious sight.

Some of us kill time in anticipation for war. Some run away from it as fast as possible.

No, the worst was seeing all those Combine nations (including 2 of the top 10) about to get hit. Sucks to get caught up in this. Good luck old friend.

I made no comments about the general membership. What I have a problem with is leadership that has called for a war for years and dragged their members into war, hiding. The common members that will take the worst smackdown likely have no idea why NSO even hated NpO. Yet, they will take the brunt of the hit, while the Emperor and his cronies slipped into peace mode.

I've led multiple alliances, and I've been declared on by NpO and coalition and have been outnumbered. Do you think I ever slipped into peace mode? Hell no. A leader is to set an example for his membership and fight. A real leader leads from the front. I've gone to PZI for well over a year for leading my alliance into GW3. I took a beating while MoD of IAA and wound up on PZI again. I got smashed while a Triumvir in \m/ and had nothing left. I fought the entire NPO and coalition (The most dominant power bloc in history) for over a year while serving as government in Vox Populi. Never peace mode.

I guess some of us are cut out to lead, and others are cut out to administer. You can't call yourself an Emperor or a leader if you don't set the example and have the desire to lead. You are nothing more than the Admin of the alliance.

I have no problem with everyday Joes slipping into peace. I would encourage them to do so. If I led them into a war, I wouldn't want them to sacrifice while I felt no pain from my political blunders. There is no way to spin this into a positive action. It is cowardice and weak leadership, and nothing more. I'm not biased, either. I was a NSO ally as recently as last November. I have many friends there. I really expected better of them. This is disappointing.

OOC: Hell, I am deployed right now and if hit, I likely won't be even on for a few days to hit back. Yet, it's still not an option for me.

Jesus, you're a joke. Leadership doesn't care about their nations, and the membership is fine with the war, all except maybe some of the most recent newbies (who never are).

Our intent is to do as much damage as possible. We warned our membership that you guys were coming for us months ago.  We're good to go. Tell us more about how succesful a leader you are.

Damn right Polar knows that strategy. They have had to deal with multiple crap beatdowns for many years. GOOD on them for taking a proactive approach! NG are free to quit whining and declare. You've done your fair share of plotting against Aftermath as well for a looooong time. Just enjoy the war, get out all your issues. I'm sure Polar will be doing it :P

Just having fond memories of CD riding in to save CCC back when you were getting whooped by NEW. Really hoping that's the kinda of martial prowess I get to see from the other side in this war.

Edited by Cairna

Jesus, you're a joke. Leadership doesn't care about their nations, and the membership is fine with the war, all except maybe some of the most recent newbies (who never are).

Our intent is to do as much damage as possible. We warned our membership that you guys were coming for us months ago.  We're good to go. Tell us more about how succesful a leader you are.

Don't you mean you told your membership you were gunning for Polar?

Look, you can sit here and say leadership doesn't care about their nations, but when they've deliberately gone into peace mode to avoid being attacked, it doesn't work. Their actions contradict your hot air. I get you are trying to stick up for your leadership, but at the expense of your credibility it's not worth it. 

Also, don't play the victim here. The Polar boogeyman was coming to get you? Yeah, a storm was coming. I guess you guys knew you had screwed up and that there was no other outcome. 

Don't you mean you told your membership you were gunning for Polar?

I am the membership. We're often asked who we want to gun for, and my answer is usually that I'm indifferent. Though I am pretty happy with the results. I'm still well-connected enough to know both sides saw this coming, and so the CB is dissapointing because it [i]tries[/i] to lay the blame squarely on us. Hey, if Polar took responsibility for their actions, we probably would have stopped caring two years ago.

They've got a long history of being a pretty bad ally. Perfectly willing to throw us and others under the bus pre-Coalition war when they thought they could save themselves. Happy to switch sides in Bi-Polar without ever admitting wrongdoing.

I'm cool with this so long as I get to leave PM sometime soon.

Look, you can sit here and say leadership doesn't care about their nations, but when they've deliberately gone into peace mode to avoid being attacked, it doesn't work. Their actions contradict your hot air. I get you are trying to stick up for your leadership, but at the expense of your credibility it's not worth it. 

Also, don't play the victim here. The Polar boogeyman was coming to get you? Yeah, a storm was coming. I guess you guys knew you had screwed up and that there was no other outcome. 

You clearly misunderstand why our alliance utilizes peace mode. It is a common mistake, as very few people seem to be able to see that the NSO uses peace mode for the same reason their own alliances do. Our leaders are not attempting to avoid a war. As nicely built as some of their nations are, they do very little good for our war effort when they are hit on our enemy's terms. So they, and the nations of ordinary members such as myself, are withdrawn to be used in a counteroffensive. Such a counteroffensive allows us to deal significantly more damage than merely defending would.

I am the membership. We're often asked who we want to gun for, and my answer is usually that I'm indifferent. Though I am pretty happy with the results. I'm still well-connected enough to know both sides saw this coming, and so the CB is dissapointing because it tries to lay the blame squarely on us. Hey, if Polar took responsibility for their actions, we probably would have stopped caring two years ago.

They've got a long history of being a pretty bad ally. Perfectly willing to throw us and others under the bus pre-Coalition war when they thought they could save themselves. Happy to switch sides in Bi-Polar without ever admitting wrongdoing.

I'm cool with this so long as I get to leave PM sometime soon.

To be fair that happened years ago, and leadership has changed, and attempted to make amends since then. When I was allied to both NSO and NpO, and attempting to facilitate an end to this conflict, NpO were far more interested in burying the hatchet than NSO was. Staying mad for that many years without acting on it isn't healthy, and I have been calling for a war between these two sides for a while now because of that. Hopefully, after this, we can move on and maybe just ignore one another, if anything. We can never move forward if we stay stuck in the past.

RV, I understand your point completely. It is a known fact at this point the benefit of using peace mode to rebuild and launch counters. I am not arguing that. I have no problem with regular members using it, as much as I dislike the fact that it exists in the first place. I just take an issue with leadership that drags members into war and runs and hides. Can you imagine some of the legendary leaders of CN doing that? No, and that is why they are remembered fondly. 

RV, I understand your point completely. It is a known fact at this point the benefit of using peace mode to rebuild and launch counters. I am not arguing that. I have no problem with regular members using it, as much as I dislike the fact that it exists in the first place. I just take an issue with leadership that drags members into war and runs and hides. Can you imagine some of the legendary leaders of CN doing that? No, and that is why they are remembered fondly. 

Well, to be fair, many legendary leaders also had rather cruddy nations. Moldavi, like him or not, never had one over 5k NS save for the one time NPO flooded him with aid. Sponge also never had an exceptional nation. Frankly, their nations were of little to no tactical importance. So they could afford to not use peace mode. In fact, given the symbolic value of such an action, it would be irrational of them not to. But our leaders do not have such puny nations, and they are therefore more valuable to us in our coming counteroffensive. I'll be seeing you real soon, bud.

Well, to be fair, many legendary leaders also had rather cruddy nations. Moldavi, like him or not, never had one over 5k NS save for the one time NPO flooded him with aid. Sponge also never had an exceptional nation. Frankly, their nations were of little to no tactical importance. So they could afford to not use peace mode. In fact, given the symbolic value of such an action, it would be irrational of them not to. But our leaders do not have such puny nations, and they are therefore more valuable to us in our coming counteroffensive. I'll be seeing you real soon, bud.

Speaking of that, you've let your nation get to big. You've abandoned me in perpetual nation suckage, and that disappoints me. We must fix this. It would only be right to have what, a 3rd, or 4th go around? Should be fun.

Great arguments about peace mode. I've seen the light and I think I'll just go and surrender now. Or maybe not. I'm sure our leaders are just as eager to get their hands dirty at a better moment. The only thing I'm pissed off about is that it's still 2 weeks until I can buy a wonder again. If I could get my hands on an SDI right now, Rayvon could stay in peace mode for the rest of his life as far as I'm concerned.

To be fair that happened years ago, and leadership has changed, and attempted to make amends since then. When I was allied to both NSO and NpO, and attempting to facilitate an end to this conflict, NpO were far more interested in burying the hatchet than NSO was. Staying mad for that many years without acting on it isn't healthy, and I have been calling for a war between these two sides for a while now because of that. Hopefully, after this, we can move on and maybe just ignore one another, if anything. We can never move forward if we stay stuck in the past.

The order isn't above apologizing to its allies, current or former for its wrongdoings. Polar is, and here's what it's brought. They wanted to bury the hatchet, but they never took any real steps. There's not point pretending your alliance has character if you just move on from it without any resolution. This'll be nice.