New Polar Order Declaration of War

Dajobo

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great arguments about peace mode. I've seen the light and I think I'll just go and surrender now. Or maybe not. I'm sure our leaders are just as eager to get their hands dirty at a better moment. The only thing I'm pissed off about is that it's still 2 weeks until I can buy a wonder again. If I could get my hands on an SDI right now, Rayvon could stay in peace mode for the rest of his life as far as I'm concerned.

I think you overestimate how useful the SDI actually is. I will give you that there are sometimes when it is indeed useful, but those are few and far inbetween.

When you're ready to stop bawling about peace mode, let's have this war. You've got TOP and Fark to lift for you against us little ol' dastardly Sith.

Like you needed NPO and Shangri-La to "lift for you against them little ol' dastardly Kaskus?" I don't intend to start a spitting match with you over this, but I just found it as a hypocritical statement and I'm sure you will too.

How was this war conceived in EQ if its CB was after EQ?

Do you believe that any war's beginning is its CB? 

This war was apparent before EQ was even over, and Pacifica knew it as well as anyone while the Emperor was telling us all that post-war repercussions of our involvement were our own problem and not to come scratching at Lady Pacifica's door.  But Polaris was not content to let the repercussions come to us while your allies openly conspired to make war on us.  The pitiful devolution of Anarchy Inc might have been the first consequence of the ire raised by Pacifica's scheming, but it certainly wasn't the last.

The order isn't above apologizing to its allies, current or former for its wrongdoings. Polar is, and here's what it's brought. They wanted to bury the hatchet, but they never took any real steps. There's not point pretending your alliance has character if you just move on from it without any resolution. This'll be nice.

Every time I see this kind of dribble from the NSO I wonder what that genuine and sincere apology posted in your embassy was all about.  I wonder how many times one must apologize before it is accepted, I wonder if maybe it is just a waste of time because it will never be accepted because it doesn't suit the aggrieved.  Well then, you had your chance, instead you chose to reject what was offered to you to avoid this very situation, you continued to plan your ''revenge'' and we have assisted you in achieving it.  Consider this war to be the ultimate gift by way of apology to you, we have given you everything you desired, the very yearnings of your heart delivered free of charge.

God damn if you shouldn't just fall down right now at Dajobo's feet and worship the very ground he walks on, but you are too miserable and bitter to even acknowledge your luck and fortune and its origins.  Shame Sith shame, will nothing make you happy?  I know the answer, you are miserable, bitter and twisted and you like occupying that mindset as is your prerogative but please do not blame your state of mind on anyone other than yourself.  Stop being so pitiful and accept that I am sorry for the things I got you involved in without your knowledge or consent or not, but do not hold me responsible for your feeble mindset any longer.

There is the last time, the last chance, the last appearance of anything you might consider as me apologizing to you.  Get over yourselves, you are far less important than you think you are and far more capable than most would give you credit for.  So much wasted time contemplating our destruction and when we offer up our nations as a sacrifice, you still can not be happy.  What the hell is wrong with you, do you need medication to assist your mood?

GL HF comrades, hopefully you do find whatever it is you are looking for.

Every time I see this kind of dribble from the NSO I wonder what that genuine and sincere apology posted in your embassy was all about.  I wonder how many times one must apologize before it is accepted, I wonder if maybe it is just a waste of time because it will never be accepted because it doesn't suit the aggrieved.  Well then, you had your chance, instead you chose to reject what was offered to you to avoid this very situation, you continued to plan your ''revenge'' and we have assisted you in achieving it.  Consider this war to be the ultimate gift by way of apology to you, we have given you everything you desired, the very yearnings of your heart delivered free of charge.

God damn if you shouldn't just fall down right now at Dajobo's feet and worship the very ground he walks on, but you are too miserable and bitter to even acknowledge your luck and fortune and its origins.  Shame Sith shame, will nothing make you happy?  I know the answer, you are miserable, bitter and twisted and you like occupying that mindset as is your prerogative but please do not blame your state of mind on anyone other than yourself.  Stop being so pitiful and accept that I am sorry for the things I got you involved in without your knowledge or consent or not, but do not hold me responsible for your feeble mindset any longer.

There is the last time, the last chance, the last appearance of anything you might consider as me apologizing to you.  Get over yourselves, you are far less important than you think you are and far more capable than most would give you credit for.  So much wasted time contemplating our destruction and when we offer up our nations as a sacrifice, you still can not be happy.  What the hell is wrong with you, do you need medication to assist your mood?

GL HF comrades, hopefully you do find whatever it is you are looking for.

Well as long as you feel you were sincere. I guess that's all that matters.

Wrap it up boys. Let's go home.

I like that, in the same thread, Polaris gets criticized for being unable to make amends and for having our former arch-nemesis do our fighting for us.

Maybe we just didn't try as hard with NSO. Maybe those Platysphere folk are just a bunch of pushovers. Maybe the Sith have a harder time letting go of a grudge. Who knows.

I am not sure how you could read anything else into what I said but then I have trouble understanding your logic at the best of times.

Well hey, when in one breath you say "I'm sorry" and then in the next "I wouldn't have done it any different" and then in another "It was your fault anyways" -- I don't get how we were supposed to read into it all those months ago. I mean, clearly all three are sincere.

Well hey, when in one breath you say "I'm sorry" and then in the next "I wouldn't have done it any different" and then in another "It was your fault anyways" -- I don't get how we were supposed to read into it all those months ago. I mean, clearly all three are sincere.

I sincerely believe that I am sorry for involving you in a situation you did not realize you were being involved in.  You however came willingly without a request for assistance, so you must bear some responsibility for being there in the first place.  That you would not exit for your own reasons completely unrelated to the matter at hand is totally your responsibility, despite the best efforts I could muster to free you from the situation.  Take some responsibility for your own arrogance and martyrdom.

I can only apologize for what I am responsible for, and for what I am responsible for I have apologized sincerely.  The fact that, like the petulant children you are, you want an ice cream after I gave you a lollipop is of no concern to me.  You have your chance at us now, please be at least a little happy for once you miserable bastard or do you delight in your own misery so greatly that you can never see the upside to any situation.  I suspect that you are more comfortable in your hair shirt, flagellating to achieve the perfect misery.  We are only here to help you, we will take over the self-harm for you, let your mind wander to a happy place and seek some solace there.

No they are not. They are at war because it is the most logical point to  get at NPO. Cant hit NPO directly because AI will commit Duckroll... whom you need... Cant hit NG directly because you will trigger IRON committing Duckroll (as well as Valhalla)... so you needed to hit someone intimately connected in the middle. Stop treating the general public like they are stupid. NPO ... NG... could have ALL done this exact same thing (hint: NG did... stop trying to deny it, I was part of the talks)...and none of them would have been hit. Lets, for the 1st time in CN history, put an end to stupid pretense. You do not need to defend your action, or hide them under the guise of a CB, so why do it?

Well the thing is, Rush, this is the best 'pretense' I've seen in years. NSO was actually maneuvering and plotting to roll the New Polar Order. NSO and the NPO sphere simply could not muster the coalition together since they alienated everybody they needed last war and the rest of them post-war with NG's hamfisted attempt to draw the NpO into a war through a proxy war against their members who had gone rogue. The reason for this war is excellent. Edited by Emperor Marx

The notion that we want a war with the NPO is a complete nonsense.  IF we wanted a war with the NPO we would have declared war with them, the same with NG.  NSO wants a piece of us, they got it, free of charge and without all the back room deals they would have needed to make it so.  If their allies choose to defend them, and I am confident they will, then that is wonderful, but of no direct object of this offensive by Polaris.

If you think that Polaris wants to play e-lawyer with the treaty web and how it unfolds, you would only need refer to eQ for what we think of that.  Stop the nonsense now, this offensive is aimed at those who seek to lead an offensive against us.  We have no hatred for the Sith, only pity, but they are still a credible threat and credible threats must be dealt with.

Save your speculation for an alliance that buys into your petty interpretations of engagement.

The notion that we want a war with the NPO is a complete nonsense.  IF we wanted a war with the NPO we would have declared war with them, the same with NG.  NSO wants a piece of us, they got it, free of charge and without all the back room deals they would have needed to make it so.  If their allies choose to defend them, and I am confident they will, then that is wonderful, but of no direct object of this offensive by Polaris.

If you think that Polaris wants to play e-lawyer with the treaty web and how it unfolds, you would only need refer to eQ for what we think of that.  Stop the nonsense now, this offensive is aimed at those who seek to lead an offensive against us.  We have no hatred for the Sith, only pity, but they are still a credible threat and credible threats must be dealt with.

Save your speculation for an alliance that buys into your petty interpretations of engagement.

Question, how exactly is a threat "dealt with"? One would usually conclude that the objective of war is to remove the other side's physical ability to be a threat, but when they don't have that physical ability in the first place... Edited by Letum

Question, how exactly is a threat "dealt with"? One would usually conclude that the objective of war is to remove the other side's physical ability to be a threat, but when they don't have that physical ability in the first place...

Except they did at the time. I don't understand why you think it's okay for them to be going around willy-nilly with plans, threats, and implicit harm through attempts to secure Polar's rolling but not okay for Polar to strike when they have the opportunity and ability to. Just because they didn't finish the job doesn't absolve them of trying.

Except they did at the time. I don't understand why you think it's okay for them to be going around willy-nilly with plans, threats, and implicit harm through attempts to secure Polar's rolling but not okay for Polar to strike when they have the opportunity and ability to. Just because they didn't finish the job doesn't absolve them of trying.

You are making the mistake of conflating several strands of different arguments - that of "retribution", "punishment" and "justice". However, I am not enquiring as to whether Polaris feels justified or happy with their war, so all of those are completely irrelevant to the logic-based question of how targeting NSO diminishes them as a threat. Further, this is example of very poor form on your behalf, by putting words in the mouths of others. Please try to be more polite in the future.

NSO is hardly a large alliance, and in any matter their various skills are not due to their physical strength. From that, it would follow that a reduction in said physical strength would have a pretty marginal impact on their overall threat assessment. So I am curious as to how NpO intends to meet their objective of "dealing with" the "NSO Threat".

I think they're pretty solid arguments. They got caught with their hands in the cookie jar. It's not Polars fault that NSO is incapable of rolling Polar at the moment, and why should they wait for them to be able to?