Dos Equis on Ice

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ladies and Gentlemen...I feel there is a need for this to be it's own thread but it will do nicely here enough...

Front Page News!

The NpO has posted in a thread more than twice, and not only that but it's a thread concerning them, and there hasn't been a Polar v. Paradox war of words! (i might have missed a post but I don't think i've seen one?)

oh sorry

uh...

death to polaris?

I mean, as CN's premiere elite allianceTM, we have lives outside of scheming how to deliver mild discomfort to Polaris (plan 38: give them a wormy apple). We also like to put on show elections and ponder ways in which we can yet further trust in Lum.

Besides, Rayray's got this on lockdown.

I mean, as CN's premiere elite allianceTM, we have lives outside of scheming how to deliver mild discomfort to Polaris (plan 38: give them a wormy apple). We also like to put on show elections and ponder ways in which we can yet further trust in Lum.

Besides, Rayray's got this on lockdown.

I thought plan 38 was the tar pit trap?  I apologize but I'm so out of date on the wacky schemes.  Where do you get those wonderful ideas from anyway Ardus? 

reading.jpg

Your latest? No, it isn't. Nor did I say it is. More worthless rambling and putting shit at us. lol .. I said it starts there, and it's not been repaired since. Thanks for proving a point, though.

A relationship can only be repaired if both parties are prepared to.  I know a sincere apology was offered to you by the instigator of your pain, I am not sure what more you want.  However, here we are again, you mouthing off like your alliance is in control and has the upper hand, when the reality is very different.  You don't want to be friends with us, it is fine by me.  I have done all I will to try to right the wrongs on my watch and at my command, if you find it insufficient, too bad.

Now when exactly are you and your latest allies of convenience going to get that coalition together to punish us for not goose stepping along with Pacifica's plans to dominate or are you just going to keep running your mouth like your dung heap has any influence on world politics.  Follow the leader and step in time with the others, you know where we are, it is a well worn path to our door.  One day someone will devote their time to doing something more original but it will be unlikely to be from your unimaginative little cohort.

Edited by AlmightyGrub

3 AA's*

I won't speak for NG and VE, but we're not stuck in a rut, we just don't buy into Polar's absolution at the hands of others (this 'Grudge War' you whine about not going your way while telling us to shed our diapers) while you continue to blame us for the incident that created all the troubles between our two alliances.

This is a pretty accurate sentiment. The only Polar grudge that the Grudge War settled was TOP and their friends who pulled the trigger. The suggestion that everyone else who had a grudge with NpO should consider it settled due to the Grudge War is absurd. You do not (nor does any other alliance who has fostered a grudge) get absolution for the grudge, until the begrudged alliance considers it settled. Ask NPO.

Well said.

Honestly, Ray, I wasn't involved, but that was so long ago it's probably time to bury the hatchet. A grudge held that long is just unhealthy. The best way to absolve a grudge is fight it out and shake hands afterwards.

The hard part about burying the hatchet with Polar, is the brick wall Polar gov and members put up concerning just approaching the aggrieved parties and saying "We were wrong, we should not have done this." I know in the TLR-Polar grudge, they refused to use words like wrong.(Threatening Athens not once, but twice, hitting a LOST nation while on the LOST AA over a spy op made while the nation was a none Newbie 2 months beforehand after not touching the nation for those entire 2 months.) All they want to do is leave it at "Maybe we could have done things differently".. as if saying "we were quite simply wrong" is something foul to them. They want them absolved in generic diplomatic niceties like "we could have handled it better." This is why it is so easy to hold grudges against them. A complete refusal to own their mistakes.

A relationship can only be repaired if both parties are prepared to.  I know a sincere apology was offered to you by the instigator of your pain, I am not sure what more you want.  However, here we are again, you mouthing off like your alliance is in control and has the upper hand, when the reality is very different.  You don't want to be friends with us, it is fine by me.  I have done all I will to try to right the wrongs on my watch and at my command, if you find it insufficient, too bad.

Now when exactly are you and your latest allies of convenience going to get that coalition together to punish us for not goose stepping along with Pacifica's plans to dominate or are you just going to keep running your mouth like your dung heap has any influence on world politics.  Follow the leader and step in time with the others, you know where we are, it is a well worn path to our door.  One day someone will devote their time to doing something more original but it will be unlikely to be from your unimaginative little cohort.

hahahaha what?? You mean that post where you came over and told us 'too bad, so sad - I'd do it all again just the same' ? THAT was a SINCERE apology? Edited by Rayvon

It's not amazing that there is so much anger thrown our way.  The "Baggage" you are referring to was suppose to be ancient history if the rhetoric that your side propagated during the Grudge War  was to be believed.  "All debts paid" and "a clean slate".... sure.......  There are always those that are going to hate and this thread shows the innate  stupidity and  lack of original thought that has stagnated CN politics for 6+years.  At least Polar tends to shake it up a bit and in their day so did NPO. 

NG, VE  and NSO need to grow up.  Shed their diapers and start wearing Big Boy pants.

It seems these 3 AA's are stuck in a rut politically.  Good luck with that.

edit.. not a math major

This was a good read. Thanks

EDIT: Congratulations Polaris.

Edited by Baltus

The hard part about burying the hatchet with Polar, is the brick wall Polar gov and members put up concerning just approaching the aggrieved parties and saying "We were wrong, we should not have done this." I know in the TLR-Polar grudge, they refused to use words like wrong.(Threatening Athens not once, but twice, hitting a LOST nation while on the LOST AA over a spy op made while the nation was a none Newbie 2 months beforehand after not touching the nation for those entire 2 months.) All they want to do is leave it at "Maybe we could have done things differently".. as if saying "we were quite simply wrong" is something foul to them. They want them absolved in generic diplomatic niceties like "we could have handled it better." This is why it is so easy to hold grudges against them. A complete refusal to own their mistakes.

If those are two major reasons why TLR is holding a grudge against any alliance (not just Polaris), then that is pretty effing fail. Seriously, how long ago did both those happen? I would tell you to grow up and shed the diaper as well because wow. If that is the case, can I hold a grudge against MK because I have been in multiple alliance they threatened multiple times? Seriously, TLR makes numerous threats to numerous alliances. If a couple of threats to a now dead alliance, is one of the reasons, then I would say it is TLR who has the brick wall of a gov and membership. 

Seriously, did Polaris disband your alliance? No. Then shut up. 

Did Polaris perma-zi you or your alliance? No. Then shut up. 

OMG POLARIS THREATENED MY ALLIANCE TWICE... AND HIT ONE OF OUR NATIONS ONCE UPON A TIME!!!11!!!11!!! damn, that was the most pathetic reasons I have read about holding a grudge. I would honestly just tell you to eff off and that you are pathetic.

This is a pretty accurate sentiment. The only Polar grudge that the Grudge War settled was TOP and their friends who pulled the trigger. The suggestion that everyone else who had a grudge with NpO should consider it settled due to the Grudge War is absurd. You do not (nor does any other alliance who has fostered a grudge) get absolution for the grudge, until the begrudged alliance considers it settled. Ask NPO.

Hey what's that smell? ..................

Oh.. Rush just messed his pants!

hahahaha what?? You mean that post where you came over and told us 'too bad, so sad - I'd do it all again just the same' ? THAT was a SINCERE apology?

If that is what you got from my post then you are truly more retarded than I thought, I however think you are being slightly too clever for your own good.  It is of no concern to me that NSO hates us, you are entitled to hate anyone you like.  If you want to fuel it, please do, you are easy to hate back.

Am I sorry it happened, you bet, would I do it differently, of course but there is no time machine possible here

That is from my post, I am not sure how you read that as

too bad, so sad

I guess those blinkers you wear really do blind you.

The funny thing about the "threatening Athens" part of the grudge is that for you, raid an entire alliance was ok, but Polaris treating you because of that was so wrong that you still complain about that always you have a chance. In my opinion you people are still mad at Polaris because that was the first time you had to step back and say "I'm sorry" and spoiled children don't like that.

Edited by D34th

It wouldn't be a topic mentioning Polaris without all the haters spewing filth at us... I always enjoy how we make our beloved enemies produce vast ammounts of bs.

Either way, yay us for finnally getting in to the sexiest bloc around :)

o/ XX

PS: Rush, that story is too old already, are you still waiting for the perfect opportunity to do something?

Look, this can essentially be said of every alliance. I've seen you threaten numerous alliances on here. Have you apologized for any of it? I really, highly doubt that. Threatening an alliance is just politics. Sending a message while feeling out a response. We've all done it, and anyone who is really hurt by it to the point that they need an apology should get their head checked. We've been threatened by multiple alliances in here, and in a month, if things change, I wouldn't care anymore. Things get very repetitive around here when people can't get over the past. Sometimes it's fun to change a role and have different enemies. Get over the past and you can move forward. There's a reason I've been everywhere.

I guess I've always seen it differently. When an alliance is manhandled and beaten for a few months, I consider that paying for their actions over that time period. Since when has an alliance had to take a beating from every wronged party to recover from it? NPO would still be taking licks if that were the case. MK would still be getting attacked. That just reeks of double jeopardy and political opportunity. If you are really that hurt by a situation, you should have acted upon it in the prior three years. Why wait and let it fester for that long?

Like I said, refresh your political views every now and then.

hahahaha what?? You mean that post where you came over and told us 'too bad, so sad - I'd do it all again just the same' ? THAT was a SINCERE apology?

Ray, you and I both know NpO has approached you multiple times about ending the grudge with Polar, as a common treaty partner of The Combine. I know I wasn't around, but I really just don't get this grudge. Polar has reached out, and the government has changed since then. There really isn't much to hold on to. It really isn't healthy to be motivated by a grudge for this long. The way I resolved my grudge with the NPO was to fight them, and once they were defeated, we went our separate ways, and I moved on. I don't recall if anyone ever approached me about an apology, but the people who acted that way are long gone. It's just easier to move on and not be defined by a three year old incident.

Ray, you and I both know NpO has approached you multiple times about ending the grudge with Polar, as a common treaty partner of The Combine. I know I wasn't around, but I really just don't get this grudge. Polar has reached out, and the government has changed since then. There really isn't much to hold on to. It really isn't healthy to be motivated by a grudge for this long. The way I resolved my grudge with the NPO was to fight them, and once they were defeated, we went our separate ways, and I moved on. I don't recall if anyone ever approached me about an apology, but the people who acted that way are long gone. It's just easier to move on and not be defined by a three year old incident.

If you think it's anything to do with me, you're among the many people who just don't have any fucking clue who the hell we actually are. Between our Polar and VE issues, apparently you both don't realize how subjectively horrible the views of you are among our mass. I share the words of those diva's singing behind me, the bullshit lines and empty placation's that Polar has come across to us with, have not appeased them. If they aren't happy, I'm not happy.

You can tell me what I gotta do all you want - realize that what you're telling me to do is exactly what we're trying to do. We don't give a shit who else has done what to Polar or how any one else does shit. You can be like everyone else if it appeases you, but We are not everyone else, We will deal with our own situation. We intend to 'fight it out' like you keep saying, and if you really had any fucking clue what you were talkin on this subject instead of sitting here toting their party lines, my old friend, then you would know that's what we'd been trying to do for a couple years now - to get our chance to work it out. We got chewed out for years about 'leaving Polar alone' cause 'we need them for the upcoming war' [aka eQ].

Polar makes themselves very easy to hate also, Grubs.

If you think it's anything to do with me, you're among the many people who just don't have any fucking clue who the hell we actually are. Between our Polar and VE issues, apparently you both don't realize how subjectively horrible the views of you are among our mass. I share the words of those diva's singing behind me, the bullshit lines and empty placation's that Polar has come across to us with, have not appeased them. If they aren't happy, I'm not happy.

You can tell me what I gotta do all you want - realize that what you're telling me to do is exactly what we're trying to do. We don't give a shit who else has done what to Polar or how any one else does shit. You can be like everyone else if it appeases you, but We are not everyone else, We will deal with our own situation. We intend to 'fight it out' like you keep saying, and if you really had any fucking clue what you were talkin on this subject instead of sitting here toting their party lines, my old friend, then you would know that's what we'd been trying to do for a couple years now - to get our chance to work it out. We got chewed out for years about 'leaving Polar alone' cause 'we need them for the upcoming war' [aka eQ].

Polar makes themselves very easy to hate also, Grubs.

Ray, I think of all people I am exempt from the grouping of "like everyone else" you tried to throw me in with. I am also far from towing party lines as I essentially encouraged you to attack Polar, and end this grudge. Historically speaking, it is really the only way to end a grudge. If it doesn't end in victory, it will probably continue. That is where the problem will be.

Anyway, you're a little too hyped up here. Really, this happened years ago. It has been festering far too long and post-war you've seemed to go over the top about it a little more. I don't know what it is, but it's something you need to resolve. Whatever that method is, I encourage you to get to it and refresh your political spectrum instead of pigeonholing yourself into the anti-Polar group.

Clearly, you think you have it all figured out. Maybe you do. But calm down. I still consider you guys as friends - and there is no reason to throw a fit like that at me for suggesting you deal with this grudge, as it is unhealthy.

Edit: For records sake, I was attacked by NpO while leading \m/. It was a pretty crappy war, and I wasn't happy about it. Polar never apologized for it. I don't care. It was so long ago there is no reason to stay angry. People change, you change, everything changes. Change is a good thing, yet for some reason it is shunned by everyone around here.

Edited by Starfox101

It's 2013 people, I think its about time we got on with things, I mean Rush that Athens reference? Really? How far back in time are we grasping here?

First polar related announcement I've seen in a long time.

Good to see you still about USMC! You'll have to swing over and say g'day sometime mate.