EQ Coalition stages another intervention-- Because we care

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sard... while the "your all to scared to hit us" line sounds good I think we all know the reality is no one can find targets in range and you know it. The largest GOON nation in war made is at 11K ns and you have a staggering 155 nations down under that NS point.  

As Smurf said a lot of us have been NS shedding each week for a month or more to keep up with available targets, cause well its damn fun fighting you folks and none of us are ready to let that go just yet! It's great that we have some awesome new trench mates to share the party with and I hope like you the stream of Equilibrium micro nations keep throwing themselves at your 2K ns bunker to soak up those WRC nukes. Good for the complexion I hear!  

496px-Fallout3GlowingOne02.jpg

Sard... while the "your all to scared to hit us" line sounds good I think we all know the reality is no one can find targets in range and you know it. The largest GOON nation in war made is at 11K ns and you have a staggering 155 nations down under that NS point.  

As Smurf said a lot of us have been NS shedding each week for a month or more to keep up with available targets, cause well its damn fun fighting you folks and none of us are ready to let that go just yet! It's great that we have some awesome new trench mates to share the party with and I hope like you the stream of Equilibrium micro nations keep throwing themselves at your 2K ns bunker to soak up those WRC nukes. Good for the complexion I hear!  

496px-Fallout3GlowingOne02.jpg

First,

Secondly, I never said anything about being afraid of us. It's a matter of competence.  You can't tell me there aren't nations that could hit our active ranges.  It's not even that big a jump for people who want to Timberland it up and sell down.

It's nice that you feel your exercise in futility is fun though.  We've certainly enjoyed it.

Timberland is a badass madman .... if we all used him as the benchmark this place would verge into the realm of unstable awesomeness and perhaps trigger a pixel destroying black hole or something.

Secondly.... if my 3rd grade teacher couldn't get me to do You're correct you have no chance :awesome:

And yes this war is a hell of a lot of fun, and sure I know its futile down in the sub 1000 infra mark as one round of tech deals bounces you back to the start but hey we are both in the same boat there. We may as well all strap in and enjoy the ride. o/

Edited by King Wally

The NPL started with roughly 155 nations, not 195; we have lost around 40. We put a temporary hold on (and then only less focus into) recruitment, meaning the waves of people who get bored after 2-3 days weren't being replaced.

You started with 182 nations.

Sorry marx but your incorrect. We entered the war on the 21st Jan... Im looking at the tracking chart right now showing 150 nations (90 of them were fresh recruits we pulled in during the last peace cycle... we exited the lol Save dave war right at 60 nations).

Fresh recruits as you are probably finding now with your own batch are hot and cold after getting tested with their first war. I see you have lost 21 nations yourself in just the last few weeks.

It happens and I think It happens for the best. You never truely know the mental strength of your recruits until you test them in nuclear war. After that you know exactly what you've got to work with and can move onto the next step in nation development with them. Already uncovered some great gems I'm keen to help assist during the next peace cycle now.   

Sorry marx but your incorrect. We entered the war on the 21st Jan... Im looking at the tracking chart right now showing 150 nations (90 of them were fresh recruits we pulled in during the last peace cycle... we exited the lol Save dave war right at 60 nations).

Fresh recruits as you are probably finding now with your own batch are hot and cold after getting tested with their first war. I see you have lost 21 nations yourself in just the last few weeks.

It happens and I think It happens for the best. You never truely know the mental strength of your recruits until you test them in nuclear war. After that you know exactly what you've got to work with and can move onto the next step in nation development with them. Already uncovered some great gems I'm keen to help assist during the next peace cycle now.   

So those 32 nations were ghosts then?

So those 32 nations were ghosts then?

I'm not working off memory... I went and cross checked what Ava said via an allied stat tracking service to come back with that 150 figure. Sorry but I dont know what Marx was smoking when he said that. Probably just a fishermens tale about the one he caught that was "this big".

Tears are harvested every day.  This ultralow tier conflict has some of the best we've ever collected in a war.

Congrats on your 6 new wars against us, launched yesterday and today, by the way.

I counted 11 on you by NADC, and 3 on us by GOONS

Umbrella started with 99, NG started with ~160, and MK started with 118. Your point is?

Edited by Rotavele

I'm not working off memory... I went and cross checked what Ava said via an allied stat tracking service to come back with that 150 figure. Sorry but I dont know what Marx was smoking when he said that. Probably just a fishermens tale about the one he caught that was "this big".

It's actually 151 based off of the sanction race. Well, a nation did leave between the 20th and the 21st.

I can't believe I looked that up. What happened to me? I used to be young and fun.

Sorry but I dont know what Marx was smoking when he said that. Probably just a fishermens tale about the one he caught that was "this big".

Man that mixed metaphor was painful to read. You should try weaponizing these, it would be a lot more effective than your microtier.

Edited by Beets

Man that mixed metaphor was painful to read. You should try weaponizing these, it would be a lot more effective than your microtier.

Actually, no metaphor there at all.  He made an accusation and alluded to a wives tale.

I guess reading is hard.

It's actually 151 based off of the sanction race. Well, a nation did leave between the 20th and the 21st.

I can't believe I looked that up. What happened to me? I used to be young and fun.

Yeah probably slight differences in when the stats got collected.... and don't worry.... one day they will pull the plug and we can all sit in a dark smoke filled room in a circle of chairs talking about the years we wasted wondering where it all went wrong lol!

I'm still attempting to weaponise my poor spelling and lack of grammar, if I can find a rocket delivery system powerful enough I'm going to dump a couple hundred kilo's of the stuff deep into GOONland and doom them all. :war:

Actually, no metaphor there at all.  He made an accusation and alluded to a wives tale.

Yo yo yo dog, Beets in the hizzle.

A mixed metaphor is when two or more unlike metaphors are given in close proximity. An example of this would be "It's time to take the bull by the horns and reap what you sow".

In Wally's post, he asked the question "what is Marx smoking" and answered that question with the phrase "a fisherman's tale". It's jarring in the least.

If you need further explanations on mixed metaphors, gimme a holla. Word.

Edited by Beets

Top 40 Nations.... 36/40 are in PM.

Tears will not be harvested today. It's sad how DB4D can't join in the action because people are taking GOONS slots.

That's cute, the top 75 nations in all of eQ only 7 of them are in war mode.  If you want to go top 40, its one.

I also enjoy seeing the 26 out of 83 of the nations in your alliance are currently in peace mode, which is actually a higher percentage than GOONS. 

GOONs has actually engaged in more than 1000 more wars than your crappy alliance has so far this war as well.  So lets talk about how craptastic your alliance is.

Yo yo yo dog, Beets in the hizzle.

A mixed metaphor is when two or more unlike metaphors are given in close proximity. An example of this would be "It's time to take the bull by the horns and reap what you sow".

In Wally's post, he asked the question "what is Marx smoking" and answered that question with the phrase "a fisherman's tale". It's jarring in the least.

If you need further explanations on mixed metaphors, gimme a holla. Word.

Beets, your sorry attempt at schooling me just shows your ignorance.  "What is Marx smoking" is in fact, not a metaphor.  It is figurative, true, but a metaphor it isn't.  You might claim that "a fisherman's tale" is a metaphor, yet again, technically it is not.  If anything, they are two figures of speech within close proximity, however, just because a metaphor is a figure of speech, doesn't mean all figures of speech are metaphors.  Please take your grade school logical fallacies out of the big boy conversation.  If you wish to do a further analysis of the style of this reply, the tone is condescending.

Beets, your sorry attempt at schooling me just shows your ignorance.  "What is Marx smoking" is in fact, not a metaphor.  It is figurative, true, but a metaphor it isn't.  You might claim that "a fisherman's tale" is a metaphor, yet again, technically it is not.  If anything, they are two figures of speech within close proximity, however, just because a metaphor is a figure of speech, doesn't mean all figures of speech are metaphors.  Please take your grade school logical fallacies out of the big boy conversation.  If you wish to do a further analysis of the style of this reply, the tone is condescending.

Word up dogs, Beets in the house.

You caught me, I was actually using the wrong definition of mixed metaphor. The proper definiton for this case would have been "when two unlike clichés are used in a single statement." It's still called a mixed metaphor rather than a mixed cliché for reasons unknown to mortals, so while my original use is still correct, my explanation was not.

I apologize for any confusion I may have caused. I don't mean to mislead my homies.

Word up dogs, Beets in the house.

You caught me, I was actually using the wrong definition of mixed metaphor. The proper definiton for this case would have been "when two unlike clichés are used in a single statement." It's still called a mixed metaphor rather than a mixed cliché for reasons unknown to mortals, so while my original use is still correct, my explanation was not.

I apologize for any confusion I may have caused. I don't mean to mislead my homies.

My friend, you are again confused.  What you are describing is not (again) inf fact metaphor, and claiming that a cliche is a metaphor is also a logical fallacy.  While I did concede the possibility of calling the "fisherman" phrase a metaphor, it really more of a dead metaphor than a cliche. 

That said, it is poor nomenclature to call a cliche a metaphor, unless, it is a a cliche metaphor, which neither of these two are.  According to my copy of The Handbook of Literary Terms (which I had to dig up to from my undergrad years just to prove you wrong), a mixed metaphor mixes metaphors.

So, in the immortal words of the wise Apu, "Thank you; come again."

My friend, you are again confused.  What you are describing is not (again) inf fact metaphor, and claiming that a cliche is a metaphor is also a logical fallacy.  While I did concede the possibility of calling the "fisherman" phrase a metaphor, it really more of a dead metaphor than a cliche. 

That said, it is poor nomenclature to call a cliche a metaphor, unless, it is a a cliche metaphor, which neither of these two are.  According to my copy of The Handbook of Literary Terms (which I had to dig up to from my undergrad years just to prove you wrong), a mixed metaphor mixes metaphors.

So, in the immortal words of the wise Apu, "Thank you; come again."

Real talk from da Beets man.

Oxford says I'm wrong about mixed metaphors also including cliches. I probably should have consulted a real source before dropping these sicknasty falsehoods. Thanks for showin' me I was technically wrong.

Word.

That's cute, the top 75 nations in all of eQ only 7 of them are in war mode.  If you want to go top 40, its one.

I also enjoy seeing the 26 out of 83 of the nations in your alliance are currently in peace mode, which is actually a higher percentage than GOONS. 

GOONs has actually engaged in more than 1000 more wars than your crappy alliance has so far this war as well.  So lets talk about how craptastic your alliance is.

Lol someones getting mad. We also didn't have a lot of nations created to fight our battles. Thats why they have a higher percentage. It is quality over quantity and thats why GOONS is being targeted so bad. Easy cash, easy tech. The reserves are running out fast though. We all want a chunk of those DH aid packages.