a question of this war.

Thugnationleader

It's hard to tell with you RIA types whether you're being random or insane or attempting to be serious. Anyway, if you weren't here back when things were really bad, then you can be excused for perhaps mildly objecting to the past couple of years. If you were here before Karma, when jackboots marched over anyone who didn't suck up to the hegemonic power, then there can be no excuse for such bizarre exaggeration about the post-Karma order. So are you just new here or are you insane/random?

I thought ODN was trying to get close to NPO?

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The war is bigger than those two alliances. So really, it was a silly point to attempt. Neither Ai or Umb make up the entire leadership of their respective Coalitions.

Not anymore..no. But he said those who started it ie Umb for doing whatever it was they did...I forget and AI for making war of it. Of course I'm just guessing too. Maybe find and ask him. 

I thought ODN was trying to get close to NPO?

Did you? Fascinating.

All I see above is that being defeated without harsh terms in the recent era is being falsely equated with the excesses of the pre-Karma days. If you can't stand to lose a war or two, then you're on the wrong planet. If you really think a couple of defeats are anything like what used to go on, then your lack of historical perspective is startling. Well, it would be if it weren't so convenient for your present purposes.

Did you? Fascinating.

All I see above is that being defeated without harsh terms in the recent era is being falsely equated with the excesses of the pre-Karma days. If you can't stand to lose a war or two, then you're on the wrong planet. If you really think a couple of defeats are anything like what used to go on, then your lack of historical perspective is startling. Well, it would be if it weren't so convenient for your present purposes.

I have been here since 06 and the most infra I have ever had is 5k. Don't preach to me about losing wars pre-karma ;)  

Edited by Charles Stuart

The purpose is the overthrow of the current benign, tolerant order and its replacement with a brutal imperialism of the kind witnessed in the days of the old Hegemony, before it was overthrown in the Karma war.

Everything.must.die

Where did I hear this? Probably from evil pacificans.....

doesnt anyone else see the pointlessness in this pathetic war?        or am i the only one?

give some feed back?

You are the only one.

you only have 9K casualties, you only fought in one war.  I suspect you got your first taste of a nuke and folded up.  you offered your opponent peace, allowing him to slip into PM, and then hid yourself in PM.  Then you come on the OWF and question the war that your alliance is fighting publicly, instead of settling it on their forums.

Why are you still on the NADC AA?  You'd be expelled from mine for that behavior.

The war is here due to sides not being able to come to an agreement that left them both satisfied. I am sure there are more reasons other than a rogue, aiding a rogue, and the many "do something about it" attitudes that rule the day.  Each side is now in the process of trying to convince all that read these forums, that they did in fact polish their turd brighter, so you should believe what they are saying is in fact truth and not fiction.  The fact of the matter is, both sides still have the confidence that they are on the right path to winning.  The great reset of nation size is on, and I know the commitment is here to ride it out.  Your alliance, NADC has committed to this also.  In the form of treaties with other alliances made long before the war, but made with the commitment to stand together if needed at a future time.  The time is now.  Honoring a treaty is what builds the reputation of an alliance.  Your actions do not look favorably towards your alliance. That is something you should consider.  Luckily, they are stocked with representatives that are maintaining the honor that your alliance deserves.  I am sure that there are nations on both sides who don't understand the actions and decisions made during a great war like this.  But your commitment is to your alliance, before it is to yourself.  Surrender if you can't stand up for your alliance, or get back to fighting and stand for your alliance, or at the least, don't continue dishonor their AA.

tl;dr - war is gud, we are here to spend up all the capital that we can.  Only the neutrals will survive fat and free.  all others will hide in PM or be slowly drained.

doesnt anyone else see the pointlessness in this pathetic war?        or am i the only one?

give some feed back?

Well, it is rather possible that for some this war and in the way it escalated, is rather pointless. Hence, you

I know why I fight though. And it makes perfect sense.

Appreciating paranoid fantasies can be difficult, yes.

Not all can be like you, Pingu.

Did you? Fascinating.

I think we have different definitions of harsh terms apparently. The reps from Karma were the largest ever. Being told to let your upper tier be massacred for the amusement of a few is one of the terms used by the old hegemony. The current hegemony rolled up just as many alliances for absolutely no reason (hell, they would not even take the time to try and come up with a bs reason). I mean we could really go into this again and again. Yes, y'all were not as bad as the old hegemony but that does not mean y'all were anywhere remotely close to benign. Stating, "Yes, we rolled up your alliance, forced you to have your upper tiers dismantled, all for our amusement, but at least we gave you white peace at the end. Then yes, we rolled you up again a few months later, once more for our amusement but again, at least you got white peace."

I hardly call that benign.

I think we have different definitions of harsh terms apparently. The reps from Karma were the largest ever. Being told to let your upper tier be massacred for the amusement of a few is one of the terms used by the old hegemony. The current hegemony rolled up just as many alliances for absolutely no reason (hell, they would not even take the time to try and come up with a bs reason). I mean we could really go into this again and again. Yes, y'all were not as bad as the old hegemony but that does not mean y'all were anywhere remotely close to benign. Stating, "Yes, we rolled up your alliance, forced you to have your upper tiers dismantled, all for our amusement, but at least we gave you white peace at the end. Then yes, we rolled you up again a few months later, once more for our amusement but again, at least you got white peace."

I hardly call that benign.

Of course it was amusing to demolish those alliances but it was not done for our amusement. I don't plan on fueling this laughable rhetoric about how we've somehow wronged x and y though, so whatever. You can find the CBs in the respective declarations of war and anything else you're not down with is nothing more than a direct result of your (not yours personally but rather of our adversaries) incompetence. We're all playing the same political game here and the 2008 holier than charade isn't fooling anyone nowadays. But I'm sure you know that!

As for the usefulness of this war, I find it quite illuminating if only because we've seen just what the opposition is capable of mustering when our apathy allows them to. The real downside is the likes of Mogar, Rotavele and that Riddle guy going berserk for a few days around here with some pretty horrid posting but our brains are still in one piece, thankfully.

Of course it was amusing to demolish those alliances but it was not done for our amusement. I don't plan on fueling this laughable rhetoric about how we've somehow wronged x and y though, so whatever. You can find the CBs in the respective declarations of war and anything else you're not down with is nothing more than a direct result of your (not yours personally but rather of our adversaries) incompetence. We're all playing the same political game here and the 2008 holier than charade isn't fooling anyone nowadays. But I'm sure you know that!

As for the usefulness of this war, I find it quite illuminating if only because we've seen just what the opposition is capable of mustering when our apathy allows them to. The real downside is the likes of Mogar, Rotavele and that Riddle guy going berserk for a few days around here with some pretty horrid posting but our brains are still in one piece, thankfully.

When the CB was "Everything.Must.Die." then it is easy to see how it can be construed as simply done for your amusement. As for holier than thou, no I am personally not going for that, but I am disabusing Pingu of his notion that CnG/DH are "holier than thou" nonsense that he is stating. I have to admit, I tend to skim over most Mogar, Rota, Riddle, D34th, Do Not Fear Jazz, Rey's, and several others' posts as I am sure many skim over mine. Some are amusing, others are downright horrid.