A Clerical Notice from the Viridian Entente

Goldie

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What part of an attack on one is considered an attack on all do you not understand? :S Are you really expecting to show up late to the party and come out unscathed?  :awesome:

Given the level of disgust from your original 5 alliances gov members over the ... rogue group of 22 who countered TLR with the same general statement that they considered an attack on one as an attack on all... Is it your stance that this can only be viewed as acceptable to your coalition by you? Is it do as I say, not as I do? Honest question because a ton of your coalition leadership are beyond pissed at the counter on us. Lets cut the BS here... this is not an attack on one is an attack on all nonsense. This is... Well the special 22 already did it, so there is no real reason to hold back. If any one you 5 original DoWers gave a true crap about an attack on one is an attack on all... there woulda been no avoidance of MK until after the "special 22" pulled their stunt.

Wow VE, an attack on one is an attack on all....unless you're their allies....or allied to NG...but everyone else it totally counts.

I'm very curious about all these NG posts I read. Now I've been inactive for a while, but does your side truly believe NG would betray their friends, comrades, and brothers in arms? Or is that just it? Maybe these are thinly veiled shots at NG, calling them traitorous and backstabbers. If you guys portrayed me as traitorous ; I wouldn't even give you the time of day either.

Out of curiosity, the dow a side, do all of your collective treaties read that an attack on one is an attack on all? Does a dow now suprecede treaties? Doesn't this leave war open for anyone to just link up and fight where ever with no treaty and just a dow?

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/65668-the-moldavi-doctrine/

It has been foretold. :v:

I'm very curious about all these NG posts I read. Now I've been inactive for a while, but does your side truly believe NG would betray their friends, comrades, and brothers in arms? Or is that just it? Maybe these are thinly veiled shots at NG, calling them traitorous and backstabbers. If you guys portrayed me as traitorous ; I wouldn't even give you the time of day either.

I am not exactly sure who is calling anyone a traitor or a backstabber. I am pretty sure you're being called cowards though. And idiots. But cowards too.

It's just the attack one, attack all is a bullshit policy. I don't really see the point in using it. I guess if you can convince some of the outside guys like you did LoSS then it matters but I don't really see the point. It's just a way to mask bandwagoning without a treaty imo. If that's your quality...fine. The more rubes you can convince of the bullshit the better for you I guess.

A treaty is nothing more than an agreement between parties.  The agreement in the DoW that an attack on any party would be considered an attack on all parties is no more or less legally or morally superior than the agreement found in a treaty.  All parties understood, consented to, and signed that agreement.  Any suggestion that it is in any way not valid is simply grasping for straws.

Edit: oof, I misread that post.  As far as individual treaties go, it... Varies by the individual treaty.  And in cases where it states that "an attack on one is an attack on the other," it is, indeed, simply a formality to declare.

I hope some leader with a little more statue from your side of the court will come and confirm your position, I'd love to liberally use this stragedy in the future, think how much fun tech raiding can be using this concept.

I hope some leader with a little more statue from your side of the court will come and confirm your position, I'd love to liberally use this stragedy in the future, think how much fun tech raiding can be using this concept.

I don't see the applications here to tech raiding, if you would care to elaborate.

Technically you declared on us when you hit AI. After all, we did note a warning on our original declaration that we viewed an attack on one as an attack on all. But.. a war is a war is a war.

Welcome to it, green, leafy, and delicious.

Mael, no they did not declare war on you when they hit AI, they declared war on AI.  You can, of course, feel free to counter VE as needed by your coalition, but do not flat out lie and try to say VE did something they didn't.

The whole point of us declaring *specific* wars is to benefit the alliances declaring them, thus the coalition as a whole. When you say "an attack on one is an attack on all," but what you mean is "an attack on someone not allied to someone on the opposite side or NG is an attack on all" it makes you look ridiculous and pathetic. Dispense with the pretense and stick to your strategy.