A Clerical Notice from the Viridian Entente

Goldie

It's a slight technical difference. They did not declare war on Pacifica, because such, by definition, requires a public statement of intent to be broadcast (a "declaration"). However, by the mutual agreement between AI and NPO, VE is indeed guilty of conducting war against Pacifica, by their actions, as a result of said mutual agreement.

This is actually what I might've said really. To say VE declared on Pacifica directly, by the letter, is wrong. Doesn't change the intent, or how it is observed.

Everyone already knows what's what. I don't see the purpose of this. Exactly as the label says, this is for clerical reasons. VE wanted to do the paperwork, and that's fine.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not cut the rest of the fluff as well? :D DH poked a beehive, the end. :)

I believe if you read ,my other posts in other threads, you will see that I said essentially the same thing. I am not the one who hid behind pretense, you are.

Edited by Rush Sykes

Hal, take those rose colored glasses off, put your head on a swivel, look around the chans. Now look me in the eyes and tell me crap like what happened to FPI wont happen all over again.

I can look you in the eyes and tell you with certainty that in the post-DH period I will not convince another small, vulnerable micro to vote for the OBR Senator instead of the candidate of their former protector resulting in a trumped-up war and subsequent disbandment following its poor showing.  Promise

What happened to FPI was a shame, and it has nothing to do with 2013.

You have literally broken Francesca's record for idiotic alarmist NEO HEG!!! rhetoric, at least she waited for the war to end.

VE did not declare on NPO come on man, this is silly.

We are all at war, stop saying this stupid crap.

I really, truly, am astonished at the legalistic epiphany of Doom House in the past week.  Next we shall debate the definition of "is."

Edited by Schattenmann

VE did not declare on NPO come on man, this is silly.

We are all at war, stop saying this stupid crap.

Hey honesty. I knew it would come from a good source.

(Next part not to Brehon specifically.)

You guys can be honest in what you do. It's fine. Lying or trying to create a web of semantics to I don't know....feel better about yourselves, while being on the bigger side no less, is unbecoming. Just be honest about what you are doing. You should have 0 reason to try to cover up what you are doing. Declaring in defense of an alliance that wasn't hit....it's a crock. Say you used 3 oA chains. It's ok. I mean hey what could we do about it anyway right?

Caliph what you have posted is the most hypocritical bullshit I have ever read.

Ninjas declared a state of war with GOONS during Roguefest..with the rest of DH jumping us no longer then 15 minutes afterwards without any formal Dow. I queried afterwards to ask for a formal Dow only to be responded with "Any DoW on a DH alliance is a DoW on all DH".

Also before you spout the whole we just thought you guys were a group of rogues, Sardonic stated himself that he saw us as Alliance.

Edited by nutkase

Ninjas declared a state of war with GOONS during Roguefest..with the rest of DH jumping us no longer then 15 minutes afterwards without any formal Dow. I queried afterwards to ask for a formal Dow only to be responded with "Any DoW on a DH alliance is a DoW on all DH".

Also before you spout the whole we just thought you guys were a group of rogues, Sardonic stated himself that he saw us as Alliance.

You've done nothing to prove that DH gov lied and said you hit them. Since, you know, you fucking hit GOONS.

Mael, no they did not declare war on you when they hit AI, they declared war on AI.  You can, of course, feel free to counter VE as needed by your coalition, but do not flat out lie and try to say VE did something they didn't.

Ow how bold.. to call me a liar for something I did not in fact say. I did prefix it with "technically", I did not say.. "literally". There is a difference, but you go ahead and interpret your definitions and reality however you wish. I lie about nothing, rather, I illuminate the truth. In declaring war on AI they activated the coalition agreement. They may not have spelled it out, but essentially, that is exactly what they did. This "recognition of a state of war" is little more than courtesy clerical work. Now that I have corrected your logical failures, you may go about your dithering.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Whatever I say you will try to find counter examples to pain us as the Whore of Babylon.  

Fact is regardless what facts I bring up, nothing will change your mind about us or this war.  Its not like you'll  suddenly go "oh, right, my bad, lets call off this war now".  This is all just mindless drivel to try to make you sound like your in the right.

Morals are subjective.  I'm fine with DH has done.  Be careful you don't become who you hate if you come into power.

Ow how bold.. to call me a liar for something I did not in fact say. I did prefix it with "technically", I did not say.. "literally". There is a difference, but you go ahead and interpret your definitions and reality however you wish. I lie about nothing, rather, I illuminate the truth. In declaring war on AI they activated the coalition agreement. They may not have spelled it out, but essentially, that is exactly what they did. This "recognition of a state of war" is little more than courtesy clerical work. Now that I have corrected your logical failures, you may go about your dithering.

You know damn well what you tried to say and I called you on it.

Stop being a bitch and get that sound out your vagina.

You're trying to be Brehon aren't you

His "I am not a liar" schtick was better.

Whatever I say you will try to find counter examples to pain us as the Whore of Babylon.  

Fact is regardless what facts I bring up, nothing will change your mind about us or this war.  Its not like you'll  suddenly go "oh, right, my bad, lets call off this war now".  This is all just mindless drivel to try to make you sound like your in the right.

As you are properly aware, that this statement could easily be turned around onto you.

You know damn well what you tried to say and I called you on it.

Stop being a bitch and get that sound out your vagina.

Despite the amusement your caterwauling provides, I have more amusing things to do than listen to this tasteless drivel. Given you've surrendered the fight by resorting to petty name calling and tomfoolery, I bid you.. 'good day, sir.'.

See you on the battlefield!

PS. Please poke your comrades in arms and tell them I would appreciate it if my meals fought back.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Despite the amusement your caterwauling provides, I have more amusing things to do than listen to this tasteless drivel. Given you've surrendered the fight by resorting to petty name calling and tomfoolery, I bid you.. 'good day, sir.'.

See you on the battlefield!

PS. Please poke your comrades in arms and tell them I would appreciate it if my meals fought back.

What is caterwauling?

Does it involve water?  

Sounds like it could be fun ...

As you are properly aware, that this statement could easily be turned around onto you.

It  applies to everyone here, myself included.  What can I say?  This Saturday night was a boring night in Caliphate :D

You're trying to be Brehon aren't you

His "I am not a liar" schtick was better.

Oh no, I am no person but myself. Brehon is much more stable than I am. I am little more than the incarnation of the OWF's lust for war and doing unspeakable things to each other. They typically keep me on a chain in a dark dungeon until I am needed and then set me about upon the world. I don't see the light of day very often. I don't keep track of his schtick, mine are completely original and I do my best to make them as obtuse as possible. If thou wast not an Umbrella trogolodytel, I would try to devour you, but alas, I doubt you would be much tasty.

I know I don't post much, but could anyone point me to the treaty the world signed allowing every alliance in the game to dictate what the other alliance is doing? It's cool for Q to say "an attack on one is an attack on all" and force that view, but it's not cool for VE to say "hey, you're hitting us, and we'll recognize it for what it is".

As to the others earlier in the thread jockeying for technicalities of whether or not they're ignoring/avoiding treaties. Here's a hint, don't sign one. If you're worried about the fact that it might limit what you want to do, don't sign it.

Props to the Brohon for coming out and calming down the Horde. I noticed quite a few tones changed after he posted that you guys were being tardnuggets.

Edited by Micheal Malone

The inconsistency I just pointed out to you with regards to TLR and MK. Should I bring out the crayons and draw you a more vivid picture or should I just skip right to writing up a blog post?

How is that hypocrisy, Schatt? Of course we didn't attack NPO or IRON, but we also weren't the ones who made that absolutely ridiculous claim that "an attack on one is an attack on all" and then went ahead and ignored it wherever convenient. There's no hypocrisy in that. There is, however, blatant hypocrisy in the actions of the Toilet Bowl 2.0 Coalition.

Here's a better mantra to post in the next thread where this comes up: "an attack on one is an attack on all when convenient." Doesn't quite have the same ring to it that the other one has but at least it's accurate.

You should probably bring out the crayons.

When you declared on Anarchy Inc, you might as well of declared on the whole coalition. We don't need to give an individual declaration of war for every coalition member who attacks you for attacking the coalition they're in. If you want the DoWs as a courtesy, that's never how Doom House, Umbrella or Pandora's Box did things.

So you get the same courtesies you give to others, if you're fighting to defend Umbrella then it would seem natural for Umbrella + Coalition to not receive many of the courtesies you guys have decided weren't worth giving to your opponents and set precedents against. How many times has someone declared on GOONS or MK, then they have Umbrella attacking them with no DoW? I've lost count by now.

Edited by Methrage