A Clerical Notice from the Viridian Entente

Goldie

What did you do right and what is it you think we're trying to do?

You're trying to justify your actions via Doom House, saying you're only doing what we did. The thing is, you're not following our footsteps. You're trying, but in the end you're just a disorganized mess so aroused by the thought of finally having a chance to bring Doom House down with our own means that you can't even get the most basic things right, let alone emulate us.

That sounds more serious than I thought.

Edited by Lord Gobb

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you declared on Anarchy Inc, you might as well of declared on the whole coalition. We don't need to give an individual declaration of war for every coalition member who attacks you for attacking the coalition they're in. If you want the DoWs as a courtesy, that's never how Doom House, Umbrella or Pandora's Box did things.

So you get the same courtesies you give to others, if you're fighting to defend Umbrella then it would seem natural for Umbrella + Coalition to not receive many of the courtesies you guys have decided weren't worth giving to your opponents and set precedents against. How many times has someone declared on GOONS or MK, then they have Umbrella attacking them with no DoW? I've lost count by now.

"we're just trying to do what you did, even though we complained incessantly about it at the time"

if you wish to destroy DH for the practices you are attempting to emulate(badly) then that makes you all hypocrites.

"we're just trying to do what you did, even though we complained incessantly about it at the time"

if you wish to destroy DH for the practices you are attempting to emulate(badly) then that makes you all hypocrites.

We need to give you guys something to complain incessantly about all the time, so now you can complain about how we complained when you did it first to us :D

I believe if you read ,my other posts in other threads, you will see that I said essentially the same thing. I am not the one who hid behind pretense, you are.

I'm not bored enough to go through all your threads, though I'm sure they're all riveting tales. :)

When you declared on Anarchy Inc, you might as well of declared on the whole coalition. We don't need to give an individual declaration of war for every coalition member who attacks you for attacking the coalition they're in. If you want the DoWs as a courtesy, that's never how Doom House, Umbrella or Pandora's Box did things.

So you get the same courtesies you give to others, if you're fighting to defend Umbrella then it would seem natural for Umbrella + Coalition to not receive many of the courtesies you guys have decided weren't worth giving to your opponents and set precedents against. How many times has someone declared on GOONS or MK, then they have Umbrella attacking them with no DoW? I've lost count by now.

These are your troops, Emperor. Hope you enjoy their company. :P

That's exactly how Pandora's Box did things. I can't think of a single time we declared war on any alliance that something wasn't posted to reflect that state of war. You're here saying "PB was literally the worst we're just giving your own medicine" yet this is the first time a coalition has decided to declare some of their wars but not declare other wars, etc. Alliances can announce or not announce whatever they want, but its clear that something like a war between two classic rivals is something worth being mentioned on the OWF.

You are arguing a point that is against the grain, others are refuting that by citing the way its always been done. Things don't have to stay static, but if you want to argue your case as to why this should now be acceptable, you'll have to do better than "its the same thing you guys did to us" when you will never find one example of VE doing that to anyone, and I doubt you'll get far with regard to PB/DH/C&G, whom you seem to be citing as the predecessors of this "tactic".

If someone shoots you, do you thinking shooting them back would be appropriate? I don't know where your sense of ethics come from where you think someone can be as rude and disrespectful to everyone you want, but they need to be very considerate and go through all the lengths you guys have respectively stated is a waste of time on the boards.

Someone punches me in the stomach real hard, then I shouldn't be expected to smile and ask if they want to come over and enjoy some bears. People are treated based on how they treat others, if Anarchy Inc wasn't dealing with an alliance who stopped bothering with every expansion DoW a while ago, then maybe they would of done it. Although if you are to beleived on why you didn't bother with DoW for each alliance and how its pointless, then it makes zero sense for you to complain about stuff you've done in the past and said doesn't matter when you do it. You guys are sounding like the hypocrits saying only Doom House + Allies can do that without it being wrong, but as soon as an enemy does we have many pages of complaining stacking fast.

Edited by Methrage

If someone shoots you, do you thinking shooting them back would be appropriate? I don't know where your sense of ethics come from where you think someone can be as rude and disrespectful to everyone you want, but they need to be very considerate and go through all the lengths you guys have respectively stated is a waste of time on the boards.

Someone punches me in the stomach real hard, then I shouldn't be expected to smile and ask if they want to come over and enjoy some bears. People are treated based on how they treat others, if Anarchy Inc wasn't dealing with an alliance who stopped bothering with every expansion DoW a while ago, then maybe they would of done it. Although if you are to beleived on why you didn't bother with DoW for each alliance and how its pointless, then it makes zero sense for you to complain about stuff you've done in the past and said doesn't matter when you do it. You guys are sounding like the hypocrits saying only Doom House + Allies can do that without it being wrong, but as soon as an enemy does we have many pages of complaining stacking fast.

You have bears?!?!?  dude that is awesome, just let me know when i can punch you in the stomach because im coming over!!!  Just out of curosity, are we talking black? brown? grizzly? maybe polar?

Hal, take those rose colored glasses off, put your head on a swivel, look around the chans. Now look me in the eyes and tell me crap like what happened to FPI wont happen all over again.

It's not hard to tune out the clutter and I am reading the broadcast 5x5.

DH has done similar for much less reason to people who didn't deserve it any more than FPI did.  Yet here you are, appearing to defend them.  Odd, considering you also stated that their time for a beat down had come.

At some point you have to ask yourself if it is possible things can change.  That the people who were good guys a couple of years ago aren't so good now and the guys you swore to hate forever aren't the monster they once were.  If anything, you are chained.  Chained to a world view that will never change.

But if you are worried about a repeat of 2007-08, remember that the mandate of Karma is alive and well.  Climb to the top, abuse your power too often, get dogpiled.  That is how it should be.

It is a brave new world indeed where treaties and the proper conduct of foreign affairs is replaced by a single BS clause at the bottom of a Declaration of Curbstomp. Maybe Umbrella is getting what's been coming. But you're not exactly earning yourself, well, [i]karma[/i] here either.

Shooting someone who shoots you is fine, but where the cry of hypocricy comes in is when you start acting like a person who has complained about the dangers of guns suddenly starts shooting people who had at one point been mates with someone who once held them at gunpoint.

You using the same "tactic" you decry us as using but you then use it yourself?  This "tactic" of yours was never used by the majority, or even more than like one alliance.  I can recall Umbrella doing coalition wide declerations because the lot we were fighting decided to stay in peace mode the whole of the war instead of engage us.  But did VE ever do this tactic?  Did CNG?  I don't recall any specific incidents. 

The funny thing is you are trying so hard to point at us and say "look at them, they're the evil ones" while doing the same tactics you decry us of doing while stating they are despicable rolling worthy offenses. 

Pot, meet kettle.

I swear that participating in this forum on a regular basis kills brain cells and the the amount of pointless bawwing in this thread is indicative of that unfortunate fact.

What practical effect does a discrete declaration of war have on the actual conflict at hand?  The answer is: absolutely none. The attacks themselves constitute the declaration and give the same level of notice that a verbal announcement would have.  VE cannot claim to be surprised that NPO is hitting them and cannot claim that the attacks are unjustified. In fact, they have not done so.

As to the selective enforcement of the right for alliances on one side of conflict to to hit alliances on the other side....it's called strategy. There is nothing hypocritical about it.  There is nothing unethical about it. There is nothing immoral about it.

Get over it.

I really dont get all the whining about this. Coalition warfare is hardly anything new. If you want to work out the treaty linkages they are there, but once warfare is triggered you quit looking for specific linkages in the same way. We are all part of a coalition with the ultimate goal of winning this war and we are smart enough to figure that out and work together towards the common goal. Just like the winning coalition has done in every past war.

I really dont get all the whining about this. Coalition warfare is hardly anything new. If you want to work out the treaty linkages they are there, but once warfare is triggered you quit looking for specific linkages in the same way. We are all part of a coalition with the ultimate goal of winning this war and we are smart enough to figure that out and work together towards the common goal. Just like the winning coalition has done in every past war.

Noone is whining because NPO and VE are at war.  We're just pointing out the hypocritical nature of Q in regards to their "strategy", saying that we did such horrid things and then practicing said horrid things on us and claiming to have the moral high ground. 

Noone is whining because NPO and VE are at war.  We're just pointing out the hypocritical nature of Q in regards to their "strategy", saying that we did such horrid things and then practicing said horrid things on us and claiming to have the moral high ground. 

"Q?" Really? If you are so stuck for propaganda all you can come up with is that kind of idiocy then we have won already.

And the rest of that is all straw man. War was declared against Umbrella because they were attacking AI. Not because they fought as a coalition in the past. You're responding to a conversation that didnt happen. Their previous behaviour is being mentioned because it shows how transparently hypocritical their talking points here are, not because it has any connection to the original CB itself.

"Q?" Really? If you are so stuck for propaganda all you can come up with is that kind of idiocy then we have won already.

And the rest of that is all straw man. War was declared against Umbrella because they were attacking AI. Not because they fought as a coalition in the past. You're responding to a conversation that didnt happen. Their previous behaviour is being mentioned because it shows how transparently hypocritical their talking points here are, not because it has any connection to the original CB itself.

Umbrella was attacking AI because AI declared war on Umbrella and attacked us. 

And by Q I mean Equilibrium.  Has very similar members to Q, and Q is so easier to type than Equilibrium.  Perhaps EQ would be better?  After all there are something like 1/3 of all alliances in it, so mentioning them all by name would be beyond tedius. 

And by Q I mean Equilibrium.  Has very similar members to Q, and Q is so easier to type than Equilibrium.  Perhaps EQ would be better?  After all there are something like 1/3 of all alliances in it, so mentioning them all by name would be beyond tedius. 

Members of Umbrella, including a govt member were aiding a rogue to maximise damage on AI, as proven by almighty himself, the act of aggression led AI to defend itself. 

Also, yea EQ sounds alot more accurate than Q. Two different groups, with different contexts. 

Edited by shahenshah

No, Umbrella was attacking AI by preventing stagger of puppets. A transparent little gambit to try to start a war while still claiming to be on the defense. That claim is rejected.

Q is long dead, and if you make a list of those that gave their all to kill it you'll find more of us on our side than yours today. Q was a world-domination bloc which aspired to, and for some time succeeded at, effectively ruling the entire planet. The Equilibrium coalition is a wartime coalition, not a bloc, and it has no such long-term aspirations, let alone a track record of holding and abusing power. In other words, it resembles the Karma coalition somewhat, but the Continuum bloc not at all.

Members of Umbrella, including a govt member were aiding a rogue to maximise damage on AI, as proven by almighty himself, the act of aggression led AI to defend itself. 

Also, yea EQ sounds alot more accurate than Q. Two different groups, with different contexts. 

We did not aid a rogue, it was determined that the AI nations attacking us were a higher threat than the rogue's slots we just filled.  In essence, you created a self fulfilling prophecy by claiming we were filling slots to prevent damage done to him while you blitzed us presented a much higher threat to us than puppets.

No,
Umbrella was attacking AI by preventing stagger of puppets. A
transparent little gambit to try to start a war while still claiming to
be on the defense. That claim is rejected.

Q is long
dead, and if you make a list of those that gave their all to kill it
you'll find more of us on our side than yours today. Q was a
world-domination bloc which aspired to, and for some time succeeded at,
effectively ruling the entire planet. The Equilibrium coalition is a
wartime coalition, not a bloc, and it has no such long-term aspirations,
let alone a track record of holding and abusing power. In other words,
it resembles the Karma coalition somewhat, but the Continuum bloc not at
all.

Incorrect, Umbrella did not attack AI by filing a rogue's war slots.  AI did attack Umbrella by attacking Umbrella.

A quick way to determine who the agressor is in a war can be done by seeing who declares war on who, who started fighting whom first.  This is easily verified because no Umbrella nation was at war with AI until Ai attacked Umbrella.

You are the agressor here.  Own up to that . Its ok to be the agressor, just don't lie and say you are the defender when you clearly are not.

And about your point of who was in Karma to kick out the old Heg, your side has quite a few notorious ex Heg in it.  While no  doubt some of you have changed, what you will do with this power if you do win will truly tell if your lot truly has changed, or will be the enabler you were back in the day, the same thing you accuse us of doing as a roll worthy offense.

Edited by Caliph