Honest Signatures

D34th

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Gingervites' timestamp='1355196830' post='3062520']
Treaties should be signed based off of friendship and not just political means.
[/quote]

The reality is.. if treaties were signed based off of friendship.... the web would be 10000000 times more convoluted than it already is. This is the dumbest suggestion I have ever seen. At the end of the day, even the high governments of alliances on completely opposite poles, find themselves actually being meaningful friends inside the game. Should they all be allies?

Edited by Rush Sykes

I almost forgot. No thread of this nature can ever be complete without CN's signature MS Paint propaganda.

[img]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f28/RichardVII/MKCampGanigif-1.gif[/img]

I originally made that for all the random Polar/CCC wars, but I'll let you guys borrow it. :P

[IMG]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f28/RichardVII/cccpolaranigif-1.gif[/IMG]

Edited by Donkey Kong

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1355069626' post='3062117']
The only way to shed to the puppet label is to do what the OWF crowd wants you to do.
[/quote]
Which of course is ironic, given that the OWF has been overrun by MK posters for the majority of my time on Planet Bob, though thankfully it's a bit quieter now.

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' timestamp='1355233980' post='3062639']
Can we cut the IC crap in an OOC thread? No? Well you are all buzz-kills. Now that's done.

Awesome looking signatures. I'm curious, what program are you using to make the animation?
[/quote]

Photoshop CS5

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1354970589' post='3061739']
In the future if they change, my opinion of them will of course change. Although its what they do which matters much more than what they say, so them taking actions show how much they have changed is required for me to consider them as having really changed. You could say you've changed until you're blue in the face, but if in the next war you fight alongside GOONS yet again then you haven't changed much regardless of any talk or rumors. Its what we do which defines us.
[/quote]
"If you defend your allies you're a puppet"

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1355228653' post='3062632']
The reality is.. if treaties were signed based off of friendship.... the web would be 10000000 times more convoluted than it already is. This is the dumbest suggestion I have ever seen. At the end of the day, even the high governments of alliances on completely opposite poles, find themselves actually being meaningful friends inside the game. Should they all be allies?
[/quote]
ban the skype circle jerk from politics, suddenly the web gets alot smaller if we're doing it by just friendship.

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1355191013' post='3062503']
explain why every single ally besides MK canceled on you, and then signed treaties with AI, someone that from all accounts is going to be on the side opposite of MK in the next war?
[/quote]
We had 9 treaties at the time and only IRON cancelled on us. Your math skills are terrible.

[quote name='Link Gaetz' timestamp='1355238232' post='3062654']
Which of course is ironic, given that the OWF has been overrun by MK posters for the majority of my time on Planet Bob, though thankfully it's a bit quieter now.
[/quote]
You should have been here when the WUT or the Continuum was around. Those shrooms were seen as the lowest of the lows. These halls were run by other people for years and years and it was just as "bad."

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1355255266' post='3062708']
We had 9 treaties at the time and only IRON cancelled on us. Your math skills are terrible.

You should have been here when the WUT or the Continuum was around. Those shrooms were seen as the lowest of the lows. These halls were run by other people for years and years and it was just as "bad."
[/quote]
I was for a good chunk and I recall shrooms posting copiously most of the time. But, I guess all of our memories are shaded a bit, eh?

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1355228653' post='3062632']
[/quote]I said that treaties shouldn't be made solely on friendship, of course a treaty also needs political implications in it. But treaties shouldn't be made just for political reasons. It should be made because the two alliances really do like each other.

Also I never said that because they are friends that they HAVE to have a treaty. Why would alliances on opposite sides of the web sign a treaty with each other if it detrimental. Just because they are friends doesn't mean they have to sign a treaty, all I am saying that if a treaty is to be signed then the two alliances should have a genuine friendship and not just do it because it fits the web. You're a pretty dense bloke if you can't understand that.

[quote name='Vorenus' timestamp='1355195021' post='3062512']
Argent -signs treaties based on friendships and shared obsessions with cartoon ponies.
Gre - inactive, most likely because they're afraid that logging in to pay bills might somehow be immoral.
IRON - inevitable.

Yeah, we lost out on a lot there. We're so isolated that it's a wonder no one has rolled us yet.

As for treatying MK, most AAs were too busy doing what you're doing now...talking tough on the OWF, hating on alliances with actual accomplishments, and pontificating about moralism. I guess TOP has always preferred activity to sitting on our butts whining about other people doing things and crying because the big bad wolfie blah blah blah, you're allied to someone we don't like so you're complete puppets, blah blah blah. Shut up and DO something about it already.
[/quote]

Losing IRON actually was huge. The others, OOC I can give you. The way Argent handled the UE signing was horrible. I had no problem with UE, it was the complete failure to inform anyone before the signing that was the foul when we'd decided we'd discuss all treaties as a bloc.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1355197649' post='3062525']
Ahem. I don't know how to tell you this one... :mellow:

Edit: Gingervites: If you truly believe that friendship is more important than political convenience when looking at treaty partners, I won't try and change your opinion, but I sincerely hope that you aren't running Sengoku's foreign affairs. And the Argent-UE treaty is a perfect example of why "Facebook diplomacy" is silly and ineffective. Sure, they both fought Sparta, but that barely means anything when Sparta is fighting 5/6 alliances in a major war. RoK and MK both fought CSN in the Winter War, should they be signing a treaty any time soon?
[/quote]

What does a championship team need, a rushing game or a passing game?
What does a good girlfriend need, looks or personality?

These aren't [i]or[/i] questions. They're [i]and[/i] questions. Good treaties come from the overlapping part of the Venn diagram of friendship and political expediency. If your treaties aren't with (a) friends, who [i]also[/i] share (b) your political goals, you're doing it wrong.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1355255266' post='3062708']
You should have been here when the WUT or the Continuum was around. Those shrooms were seen as the lowest of the lows. These halls were run by [b]other people[/b] for years and years and it was just as "bad."
[/quote]

Like you and your direct allies. That's not even an IC statement, it's just the reality of who was treatied to whom at the time.

[quote name='Max Power' timestamp='1355344719' post='3063027']
The way Argent handled the UE signing was horrible. I had no problem with UE, it was the complete failure to inform anyone before the signing that was the foul when we'd decided we'd discuss all treaties as a bloc.
[/quote]

Complete failure to inform anyone? We informed every member government of our intention to sign with both UE and TIO in the same thread we created when we asked everyone "we want to treaty UE and TIO, what are your thoughts?" The intention being that barring serious objections we'd sign said treaties. After representatives made their acknowledgements of our intentions we didn't feel said objections were presented, thus leading to us signing treaties with both UE and TIO.

I'll give you that we could have, and looking back probably should have, posted in the general membership boards our intentions, but to say there was no warning or consultation is quite frankly incorrect.

[quote name='Max Power' timestamp='1355354303' post='3063061']
It may have looked to some of us as more of a "we're thinking of doing this" than a "this is about to happen".
[/quote]
There should have been better communication, that isn't being disputed. I'm glad you acknowledged that we did actually have some communication on the matter even if the intent of it was misunderstood.

For the record I disliked the treaty and still do.

[quote name='Commander shepard' timestamp='1355355419' post='3063070']
Don't take grievances from it.
[/quote]
I wouldn't. As I mentioned, I think it's a bit sad to see a member of IRON supporting the "extinction" of a former ally.

e: because of course, the further extinction of alliances and their associated communities is what this game needs, right?

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz