Honest Signatures

D34th

[quote name='Commander shepard' timestamp='1355135009' post='3062360']
No
[/quote]
Perhaps the best retort I've seen on the OWF in a while.

The best part is, your totally inane and quite inaccurate signature simply confirms Rush's (and by proxy, Feanor's) statement. If you'd like to attempt to justify otherwise, please do so, though I'd recommend you try and use more than one word next time.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1355176753' post='3062453']
Perhaps the best retort I've seen on the OWF in a while.

The best part is, your totally inane and quite inaccurate signature simply confirms Rush's (and by proxy, Feanor's) statement. If you'd like to attempt to justify otherwise, please do so, though I'd recommend you try and use more than one word next time.
[/quote]
name a single independent minded thing TOP has done in the past 2 years(besides picking MK over quite literally every single ally they had and getting a number of treaties canceled because of it).

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1355185703' post='3062479']

name a single independent minded thing TOP has done in the past 2 years(besides picking MK over quite literally every single ally they had and getting a number of treaties canceled because of it).
[/quote]

Well not to be a TOP cheerleader, but they did drive the latest war on Polar, that's something...

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1355185703' post='3062479']
[/quote]
~ahem~
[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1355186071' post='3062481']
Well not to be a TOP cheerleader, but they did drive the latest war on Polar, that's something...
[/quote]

Also, I'm not sure where you came up with the notion that TOP "picked" MK over any other ally we have or have had since the signing of our treaty. It reeks of total misunderstanding of TOP's foreign affairs dynamic. To be fair, though, I really shouldn't expect any more.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1355190111' post='3062499']
Also, I'm not sure where you came up with the notion that TOP "picked" MK over any other ally we have or have had since the signing of our treaty. It reeks of total misunderstanding of TOP's foreign affairs dynamic. To be fair, though, I really shouldn't expect any more.
[/quote]
It was fairly accurate, I don't know who you think you're fooling here.

Perhaps TOP believes it was all their other allies who chose a path apart from TOP. Yeah that's the ticket, that must be what happened :psyduck:

Edited by Ogaden

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1355190111' post='3062499']
~ahem~

[/quote]
explain why every single ally besides MK canceled on you, and then signed treaties with AI, someone that from all accounts is going to be on the side opposite of MK in the next war?
[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1355186071' post='3062481']
[/quote]
was that even 2 years ago? my nation is over 2 years old now.

Edited by Mogar

[quote name='Ogaden' timestamp='1355190481' post='3062501']
It was fairly accurate, I don't know who you think you're fooling here.

Perhaps TOP believes it was all their other allies who chose a path apart from TOP. Yeah that's the ticket, that must be what happened :psyduck:
[/quote]
[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1355191013' post='3062503']
explain why every single ally besides MK canceled on you, and then signed treaties with AI, someone that from all accounts is going to be on the side opposite of MK in the next war?

was that even 2 years ago? my nation is over 2 years old now.
[/quote]

One ally cancelled, PF disbanding was decided long before anything else happened. Beyond IRON, Argent and Gre we literally have lost no ally so try again.

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1355192395' post='3062504']
One ally cancelled, PF disbanding was decided long before anything else happened. Beyond IRON, Argent and Gre we literally have lost no ally so try again.
[/quote]
I still can't understand why people have so much difficulty realizing that the PF disbandment wasn't some sort of grand conspiracy to isolate TOP. It's almost as if they don't have any sort of lens into PF's governmental discussions... oh wait?

Argent -signs treaties based on friendships and shared obsessions with cartoon ponies.
Gre - inactive, most likely because they're afraid that logging in to pay bills might somehow be immoral.
IRON - inevitable.

Yeah, we lost out on a lot there. We're so isolated that it's a wonder no one has rolled us yet.

As for treatying MK, most AAs were too busy doing what you're doing now...talking tough on the OWF, hating on alliances with actual accomplishments, and pontificating about moralism. I guess TOP has always preferred activity to sitting on our butts whining about other people doing things and crying because the big bad wolfie blah blah blah, you're allied to someone we don't like so you're complete puppets, blah blah blah. Shut up and DO something about it already.

[quote name='Gingervites' timestamp='1355196830' post='3062520']
Treaties should be signed based off of friendship and not just political means.
[/quote]
While I don't necessarily agree, the issue at hand is rather signing treaties [i]entirely[/i] based off of friendship. Not only does it contribute to the shoddy state of the treaty web, but it completely defeats the purpose of a [u]political[/u] simulator?

You want to be friends with someone? Add them on Facebook.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1355197004' post='3062521']
While I don't necessarily agree, the issue at hand is rather signing treaties [i]entirely[/i] based off of friendship. Not only does it contribute to the shoddy state of the treaty web, but it completely defeats the purpose of a [u]political[/u] simulator?

You want to be friends with someone? Add them on Facebook.
[/quote]Of course treaties shouldn't be made soley on friendship but friendship imo is the more important part for signing a treaty with another alliance. And it isn't like Ag and UE were on opposite sides of the web when that treaty was signed, they both fought together against Sparta in the previous war.

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1355197321' post='3062523']
But you haven't accepted :(
[/quote]
Ahem. I don't know how to tell you this one... :mellow:

Edit: Gingervites: If you truly believe that friendship is more important than political convenience when looking at treaty partners, I won't try and change your opinion, but I sincerely hope that you aren't running Sengoku's foreign affairs. And the Argent-UE treaty is a perfect example of why "Facebook diplomacy" is silly and ineffective. Sure, they both fought Sparta, but that barely means anything when Sparta is fighting 5/6 alliances in a major war. RoK and MK both fought CSN in the Winter War, should they be signing a treaty any time soon?

Edited by Bob Ilyani

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1355197649' post='3062525']
Ahem. I don't know how to tell you this one... :mellow:
[/quote]

Oh right, I forgot to send a request. My bad.

I'll make up for it with beers on the dock [last summer got too busy lol]. Just don't give that jackass Joe directions. :P

[quote name='mythicknight' timestamp='1355198799' post='3062533']
Friendship means nothing. Political expediency is everything. Sorry, DR. It's time for you to go.
[/quote]

I knew this day would come.

Which is why I was prepared for it.

Fire ze missiles!

[quote name='Axolotlia' timestamp='1355208066' post='3062578']
And so a thread with great image-related potential devolves into yet another discussion on current politics and other forms of posting that doesn't include propaganda images...
[/quote]

And so a thread with great image-related potential devolves into yet another discussion on other people discussing current politics and other forms of posting that doesn't include propaganda images...