TORN Cancellation Notice

[quote name='Commander shepard' timestamp='1353146463' post='3053665']
A lot happened in those 2 months.
[/quote]

And at the same time, nothing really happened. I honestly think inactivity was a large factor in this relation collapse, and as much as it hurts to see this treaty go, I know we're not lying to each other anymore about defense. Sure, our treaty was non-chaining, but we at BFF believe a treaty is a treaty, you don't e-lawyer your way out of a fight. With strained ties in either direction, we would have found ourselves poring over our treaties for a legal way to make everybody happy, something that isn't really possible.

Also, yeah, the TORN/BFF treaty was basically a carry-over from FEAR.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1353173432' post='3053750']
BFF has pots on the stove itself; if TORN hadn't cancelled, I expect BFF would have eventually.
[/quote]
I can say, in an official capacity, that BFF cancelling on TORN was not even being considered. They were long-time friends of FEAR, and many wished to see the treaty work with BFF. I know I personally was trying to keep everything alive, but sadly it wasn't enough (I'm sure my lack of activity in recent weeks did not help matters, but so it goes).

I wish TORN all the best moving forward; I know we will continue to be friends, and hope our paths may cross, politically, again in the future.

Also, for those wondering why we canceled a treaty signed just two months ago, the treaty was a carry-over from FEAR, where it was probably our second-oldest treaty at the time of the merger.

Edited by thedon125

[quote name='thedon125' timestamp='1353178818' post='3053771']
I can say, in an official capacity, that BFF cancelling on TORN was not even being considered. They were long-time friends of FEAR, and many wished to see the treaty work with BFF. I know I personally was trying to keep everything alive, but sadly it wasn't enough (I'm sure my lack of activity in recent weeks did not help matters, but so it goes).

I wish TORN all the best moving forward; I know we will continue to be friends, and hope our paths may cross, politically, again in the future.

Also, for those wondering why we canceled a treaty signed just two months ago, the treaty was a carry-over from FEAR, where it was probably our second-oldest treaty at the time of the merger.
[/quote]
Well then I stand corrected. You can't keep every treaty you ever signed while signing new ones or in a dynamic political landscape. Sorry.

I'd like to wish the best of luck to our friends in BFF, and specifically those from one of its predecessor's FEAR.

I will always remember the way you guys stepped up on our behalf during bipolar, and jumped into the fray immediately after our decision to preempt. There was no question about what you would do, even after Polar left and we knew we would be crushed. We even explicitly stated we did not intend to activate the treaty, nor expect you to jump in. But there you were.

Things have obviously gotten more complex since then, and the world has changed. I fear that sort of commitment, both from your side and ours, may have been strained under these new realities, and it is with that acceptance that we break these bonds.

Don, I too hope our paths cross someday. Good luck.

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1353184929' post='3053805']
Always sucks to lose a treaty, but I don't think BFF lost anything too major here.

Onwards, Dinohouse. Onwards, Solidarity.
[/quote]

I'm certain the mighty war machine of Deinos will more than compensate for TORN