Maybe I do one of these too?

HeroofTime55

How easy it is to forget that CN is a dumb internet game, isn't it? How we act as if our column in the Grand Spreadsheet is going to have any impact in our lives... Unless, of course, we let it. Which, sometimes, some of us do.

I'm gonna do something different.

Hello. I suffer from, among other things, ADHD, OCD, Bipolar, Anxiety disorders, Severe suicidal depression, and probably Aspergers. I have serious trust issues, I have extreme paranoia, and I am totally clueless when it comes to social skills.

Over the past year, these issues of mine, many as they are, manifested in this game, and I slowly lost everything that was dear to me - My education, relationships, my alliance, and more meaningful IRL friendships than I care to count. And all of it traces back to CN as a sort of nexus of my suffering and pain. Because my broken personality was applied to the one field where it could wreak the most havoc: A political battleground. And then the lines separating the game from RL were blurred, and it bled through.

CN is an addiction, and as of the past year, it has become a chore. My presence is painful for me, and I have finally - thanks to a few people who, not knowing the walking disaster that I am, decided to stick with me anyway - concluded that it is time to quit.

I am going to get therapy for my many, many issues, and I am going to cut the first troublesome area of my life, out of my life - and that is the ugly politics of CN.

By the time I am sane enough to come back, I doubt the game will still exist. This will probably be the last few days that you will see me at all.

If any of you, for whatever misguided reason, wish to stay in touch, the best ways to contact me are via Skype and Steam (both are "herooftime55," as well as that being my handle most anywhere else I am present), via my hotmail account or my MSN (the aforementioned, simply append "@hotmail.com"), or the website that was most recently used as the alliance forums for United Equestria. I may also continue to lurk on IRC in #ponies.

If I could go back a year and not $%&@ things up like I have, I would. But life doesn't work like that. One has to take their lessons, try to improve, and move on to something new.

Thanks for the 6 years. Farewell.

Edited by HeroofTime55

I thought this day would never come, thank you! Also, you have an empty slot, I suggest you use it by hitting me. This would please me as much as you leaving this realm.

Or GATO could be charitable and let me have a piece of HoT?

Edited by Hiro Nakara

Thanks for the well wishes everyone.

I woke up today, with sort of a lingering "okay, what the hell did I do this time" feeling.

But you know what? No regrets.

I hit the declare war button on an impulse, because if I thought about it too much, I would have turned myself away from it out of attachment to a couple silly numbers.

This way, I've forced myself to quit. And that's a very good thing, because I very much need to.

The lot of you have been a wonderful community, and I likewise wish you all the best. Who knows, maybe I come back in 3 or 4 years, and admin finally got off his lazy ass between that time and made this game into something? You never know guys, miracles can happen.

Until then, peace.

RL is ultimately the other thing that matters. All of us should do whatever it takes to make the best RL for ourselves that we can. In the end you'll be glad that you chose to dig in there and not here. BiPolar can be a beast, HoT. Take care of yourself.