Quick Announcement

Lurunin

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Baldr' timestamp='1350843134' post='3043715']
I'm sure if GOONS agrees to pay reps, Doornail will be glad to let them go. After all, GOONS are the ones that attacked another alliance and started all of this.
[/quote]

This would help if they were a recognized alliance, but anyone can slap an AA on their nation and have a couple of their friends join then call it an alliance. It just isn't so. Even some of the last neutrals got protection before getting strong enough to defend themselves. They just aren't a real alliance.

[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1350847476' post='3043736']
This would help if they were a recognized alliance, but anyone can slap an AA on their nation and have a couple of their friends join then call it an alliance. It just isn't so. Even some of the last neutrals got protection before getting strong enough to defend themselves. They just aren't a real alliance.
[/quote]

Yea, your definition counts most, everyone else's definition of alliances doesn't.

[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1350825694' post='3043650']
I like how everyone is getting up in arms over this. Lets face the fact, GOONS raid a lot of people. Some of them get put onto EoG's lists when they attack back as per standard GOONS protocol. Many of them just do the mercy boards and get off fairly quickly and easily. No one hears about these stories. One retard on the OWF starts whining about it and everyone gets up in arms over it. Hell Sardonic was even willing to talk to this person on IRC to resolve it so he didn't have to go to the mercy board. GOONS are not unreasonable. This is being made into a bigger deal than it really is.

[b]If someone attacked any alliance, any real alliance wouldn't let that person go until they paid some kind of reps[/b]. GOONS offers a way so people don't have to pay reps. The Mercy Boards are only as terrible as you make them. You can have lots of fun doing Mercy Board terms. This seems to be more an attack on Tech Raiding and you are targeting GOONS when many alliances allow Tech Raiding. It's fun for smaller nations, and eats up the boredom of initial nation building so they can take part of the greater political element that many of us take part in.

So quit your crying and get over it.
[/quote]TSL was attacked first so if any alliance should be getting reps it should be them. But that is not how it works is it, no GOONS will not give out reps but when someone actually decides to defend their alliance reps are demanded...backwards logic.

[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1350847476' post='3043736']
[/quote]

Care to fill the rest of us in on what exactly constitutes an alliance?

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1350800280' post='3043601']

There is a great deal of majorly hypocritical irony coming from one of the premier members of the Thriller nonsense. Get the eff over yourself Magicninja.
[/quote]

I've said it a few times but 'll do it again....I take no issue with the raiding...and no issue of a multi-member alliance being the target....it's the actions and talk that come after that I have a problem with. Yeah we messed with Bat and Acti but when it was over we dropped it and left...we didn't drag it out while blaming everyone else. That is the problem with GOONs...they just don't know when to quit.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1350847334' post='3043733']

I've already aided DoorNail. Your move GOONS.
[/quote]

You might need to promise not to disband them first. That or they're lining up a coalition.

edit: should have refreshed before posting

Edited by EgoFreaky

This argument over what number of people really has no bearing on whether or not it is acceptable for GOONS to ZI-list an alliance leader until they pay blood money. 7 nations and no treaties does not warrant diplomatic recognition of an alliance for most governments, but it does not mean that the alliance is not an alliance.

Or, as IRON put it:
[quote name='MCRABT' timestamp='1350773435' post='3043445']
. . . It doesn't matter whether an alliance has 6 or 600 members the principle of standing together to defend one another remains the same.

You are being labelled the bad guys because you are punishing him as an individual for acting under the exact same principles as GOONS or any other alliance would in his situation simply because of a matter of numbers rather than any reasoned rationale based on comparative practice.

But then you already know this.
[/quote]

[quote name='EgoFreaky' timestamp='1350848345' post='3043745']
You might need to promise not to disband them first. That or they're lining up a coalition.

edit: should have refreshed before posting
[/quote]

Well you know, if they have a problem then fine, but I'll paraphrase. They don't want to get in a pissing match with Kaskus over the sent aid.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1350847334' post='3043733']
I've already aided DoorNail. Your move GOONS.
[/quote]
Well played.

[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1350825694' post='3043650']
I like how everyone is getting up in arms over this. Lets face the fact, GOONS raid a lot of people. Some of them get put onto EoG's lists when they attack back as per standard GOONS protocol. Many of them just do the mercy boards and get off fairly quickly and easily. No one hears about these stories. One retard on the OWF starts whining about it and everyone gets up in arms over it. Hell Sardonic was even willing to talk to this person on IRC to resolve it so he didn't have to go to the mercy board. GOONS are not unreasonable. This is being made into a bigger deal than it really is.

If someone attacked any alliance, any real alliance wouldn't let that person go until they paid some kind of reps. GOONS offers a way so people don't have to pay reps. The Mercy Boards are only as terrible as you make them. You can have lots of fun doing Mercy Board terms. This seems to be more an attack on Tech Raiding and you are targeting GOONS when many alliances allow Tech Raiding. It's fun for smaller nations, and eats up the boredom of initial nation building so they can take part of the greater political element that many of us take part in.

So quit your crying and get over it.
[/quote]
Lots of fun doing mercy board terms? Not my kind of fun, personally.

Nobody here is targeting raiding. GOONS are being singled out because they raided an alliance, PZI listed their leader for attacking back, and are now demanding reps. I understand this is hard for you to comprehend, but just try.

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1350800132' post='3043600']

I'm not sure if he's serious at this point.
[/quote]
Knowing Marx, I know that he is. He's tied his laces together and can't stop tripping over himself.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1350805814' post='3043620']
Please explain how that was saying that GOONS had been "wronged". Not trying to resolve something amicably is not "wronging" someone. You don't have to feel "wronged" by someone in order to continue to kick someone's *#(& in.

If Doornail had been acting or talking reasonably I would be sympathetic to his (and his alliance's) plight but that's not the impression I got from reading this thread at all. You don't get peace in the kind of situation he was in by being threatening and belligerent.
[/quote]
Quit blindly defending GOONS because you are allied. It's clear to everyone they are wrong here, and you jumping in with this terrible defense only makes you look hypocritical.

Do you just kick people's teeth in for fun? By admitting GOONS wasn't wrong, you are implying they are hitting Doornail and have him on EoG for no reason. After all, if they weren't wronged, why is he sitting on PZI? Hmm. Think that one out, and get back to me with how GOONS aren't wrong here.

When faced with blind aggression, nobody except neutrals will respond with kindness. Bullying tactics should be met with the same force used against you.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1350853633' post='3043763']
Didn't I read a few pages back Sardonic telling Schatt to "do something about it" looks like someone else took up Sardonics offer, interesting and well played. How are those treaties looking these days?
[/quote]

Yes, yes you read that exact thing my guess is they do nothing

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1350853633' post='3043763']
Didn't I read a few pages back Sardonic telling Schatt to "do something about it" looks like someone else took up Sardonics offer, interesting and well played. How are those treaties looking these days?
[/quote]

They do not want to pursue Kaskus for the aid sent at this time. <Sardonic words>

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1350853821' post='3043765']
They do not want to pursue Kaskus for the aid sent at this time. <Sardonic words>
[/quote]

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder?

[quote name='MitchellBade' timestamp='1350854022' post='3043767']
I see someone has learned their lesson. Shame.
[/quote]

If they stopped being dicks about the whole situation and just moved on and released him after having their fill (Nearly ZI & Bill lock) I'd have not sent the aid. They choose to be idiotic about the situation and hard headed.

[/quote]

Like all loud mouth bullies, when faced with a real adversary they tuck tail and retreat like the cowards they are. What happen to the GOONS charter mandates, what happened to it being out of Sardonics control due to how their charter is written. LMAO

[/quote]
So, Doornail is put on PZI for attacking GOONS, but Kaskus aids Doornail which will directly result in nuclear attacks against GOONS, and they will have no repercussion?

I guess all that tough talk and bravado goes out the window when the opponent can damage you back.

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1350854765' post='3043774']
So, Doornail is put on PZI for attacking GOONS, but Kaskus aids Doornail which will directly result in nuclear attacks against GOONS, and they will have no repercussion?

I guess all that tough talk and bravado goes out the window when the opponent can damage you back.
[/quote]Umbrella probably doesn't want to give them a bailout again

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1350855855' post='3043781']
Is anyone else really glad Kaskus exists? I love those guys :)

Edit: looks like we have some secret aid in the mix now :)
[/quote]

love me some Kaskus

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1350852349' post='3043756']
[url="http://www.cybernations.net/search_aid.asp?search=227703&Extended=1"]http://www.cybernati...7703&Extended=1[/url]

Okay fine, I'll be interested in the outcome of this. You win, thread. :popcorn:
[/quote]

There can be only one outcome: The GOONS charter is specific.

FROM: [url="http://cngoons.com/board/index.php?topic=3031.0"]http://cngoons.com/b...hp?topic=3031.0[/url]

[size=5][b]Enemy of GOONS (EoG)[/b][/size]
[color=#444444][font=arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Should a nation, either in a war or outside of a declared war, commit actions considered heinous and reprehensible to GOONS, the government reserves the right to declare this nation an Enemy Of GOONS, at which point their name will be added to the Enemies Of GOONS list, and they may be attacked at will by GOONS members. Common offenses that may cause EoG status are military violence against a GOONS nation outside of war,[/size][/font][/color][size=5][b][color=#FF0000][font=arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]military aid to an enemy of GOONS[/font][/color][/b][/size][color=#444444][font=arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3], and continued and incessant provocation. The Pilot and Co-Pilot may unanimously add or remove names from the EoG list, or names may be added by majority vote of the Government. The list of Enemies will be in a public part of our forum, and those on our Enemies list are permitted to petition the High War Adjudicator. Removal is not in any way guaranteed, indeed assumption of removal may be used as grounds to keep someone on the list. The expectation is for the petitioner to explain why they should be granted clemency, and for the petitioner to entertain GOONS[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#444444][font=arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]/me opens popcorn stand and waits for customers to flock in[/size][/font][/color]

Edited by Walshington