Quick Announcement

Lurunin

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1350874392' post='3043950']

I dont need to provide anything. Go read the thread. Its not my job to make you less lazy. I said it, if you think Im wrong, go get the proof or STFU. Me not linking you to each and ever relevant post in the Thriller thread doesnt make me a liar.. that is patently moronic.
[/quote]

Sure thing liar

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1350885655' post='3044037']
Time is money when nation building and even with constant aid it'll be many months before he gets back to where he was. I've had to rebuild from wars numerous times and I don't know what his starting infra was, but based on the nation strength losses it was at least 8 or 9K infra and probably much more. You don't build back to that quickly without having the money on hand from left over warchest.

That's not to say it wasn't worth what he got out of it, but let's not try to say this didn't cost him anything.[/quote]

Where did I say it cost him nothing? 54k NS is a decent amount. I have lost that much and more in defense of my alliance. Guess what? It never mattered that I lost that much. Again, Infra can be rebuilt. GOONs' policy will never be the same as it was prior to Doornail though.

[quote]Getting beaten down more instead of paying reps doesn't make it a clear cut "victory" for anyone. Looking for a "victor" and a "looser" is also not the point.[/quote]

Getting an alliance like GOONs to admit they were wrong and change an internal policy of theirs is a victory. Only the losing side does not want the labels.

[quote name='sigelopisan' timestamp='1350918228' post='3044112']
actually, the score is kaskus 0 x 1 GOON.

we lost the last war and pretty much beaten down.
[/quote]
That you can admit it puts you far ahead of most of the people we've faced, good on you.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1350920749' post='3044119']
That you can admit it puts you far ahead of most of the people we've faced, good on you.
[/quote][quote name='sigelopisan' timestamp='1350918228' post='3044112']
actually, the score is kaskus 0 x 1 GOON.

we lost the last war and pretty much beaten down.

[/quote]
[/quote]

Actually, we don't really know the GOONS-Kaskus score on the field of battle. In the GOONS-MOGOLS war, Kaskus and Goons only went toe-to-toe with each other for 27 days.
At that point, Umbrella entered on behalf of GOONS.
Kaskus went toe-to-toe with Umbrella and GOONS for 15 days, at which point the rest of Pandora's Box (FOK, Non-Grata and VE) entered on behalf of GOONS.
After 9 days of going toe-to-toe with all of PB, Kaskus did, in fact, surrender.

Pretty tough to score Kaskus vs. GOONS. Fair to say that Kaskus is 0-1 vs. all of Pandora's Box, though. Although. less than a month later, Pandora's Box disbanded. Hard to say for sure the war had anything to do with it, but hard to believe it didn't.

I guess it is all a matter of perception -- do you think PB taught Kaskus a lesson they won't soon forget by making them surrender and pay reps, or do you think GOONS won a pyrrhic victory when they had to call in their entire bloc to defeat a micro?

[/quote]

Well, thanks Sardonic, getting a credit from such a caliber player like you is an honor.

You know what, we should have signed a treaty between GOONS and Kaskus. We have a lots in common.
We both love bloods, raiding, and fight for what we believe.

The only problem is, you loves to humiliate your victims while we respects them.

Let me teach you one lesson Sardonic. Raiding is a win-win solution. We (the aggressor) earn some profit with minimum damage to both ourselves and the targets, while they also earn a lesson to not walking around with bags of money (techs) on hand.

We will keep on raiding. But we will also stand up for those who bullied and humiliated by more powerful forces.

[quote name='sigelopisan' timestamp='1350952506' post='3044302']
The only problem is, you loves to humiliate your victims while we respects them.
[/quote]
In my understanding of things, humiliation, humour and insult is all in the eye of the beholder. As I've said here before, people who understand how we see things have actually fared well in the past. Hell, we've goldmined people who've mocked us at length and they've got off scot free because we appreciate their sense of humour and the effort they've made in their submissions to us. Regardless, diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks and all that...

e: Something that interests me is the respect you afford to your victims. Why do you feel that tech raidee's deserve your respect? (note that I've never raided anyone before, believe it or not)

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' timestamp='1350953388' post='3044311']
e: Something that interests me is the respect you afford to your victims. Why do you feel that tech raidee's deserve your respect? (note that I've never raided anyone before, believe it or not)
[/quote]

It comes down to a basic notion that [u]all[/u] people deserve respect, regardless of if they are your enemy or not (at worst I feel all people should be at least met with respect and be allowed to loose said respect if their actions really warrant it). It's one thing to have a joke and some fun with your enemy but another to try and force them to grovel and humiliate them.

Kaskus are right on the money here and I could not agree more, I love war, loved to raid too when I was small enough to be in range of nones, but dislike seeing victims turned into a sideshow. When done right raiding actually will help a none (get them active, teach war skills and encorage them to buddy up with other nations and alliances), just like a fun reasonable odds war without reps will help an alliance with activity even if they loose. It's only when you go into war/raiding with a bad attitude that it becomes genuinly a big problem for the victim. Somthing to think about if you ask me.

Edited by King Wally

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1350957015' post='3044335']
It comes down to a basic notion that [u]all[/u] people deserve respect, regardless of if they are your enemy or not. It's one thing to have a joke and some fun with your enemy but another to try and force them to grovel and humiliate them.

Kaskus are right on the money here and I could not agree more, I love war, loved to raid too when I was small enough to be in range of nones, but dislike seeing victims turned into a sideshow. When done right raiding actually will help a none (get them active, teach war skills and encorage them to buddy up with other nations and alliances), just like a fun reasonable odds war without reps will help an alliance with activity even if they loose. It's only when you go into war/raiding with a bad attitude that it becomes genuinly a big problem for the victim. Somthing to think about if you ask me.
[/quote]

honor amongst thieves, huh.

I don't have a dozen here but I'm nearly as lazy as you shmucks so I skipped around in [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=101053&st=0"]that thread[/url].

magicninja was a Thriller conspirator (as indicated by [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=101053&st=80#entry2693445"]this post[/url] as well as [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=101053&st=260#entry2694784"]this one)[/url]. [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=101053&st=100#entry2693497"]King Wally, on behalf of Bubbles the chimp, approved of the thread and hailed the "crusade of doom"[/url]. [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=101053&st=160#entry2693934"]And Hiro Nakara found it funny and congratulated the attackers[/url].

Now mind you I'm not outright accusing these or any other fine gentlemen of being hypocrites; I'll leave that to more interested parties.

That all said - and naturally I'm a biased party, being a former Goon and all - Sardonic stepped up and resolved this situation admirably. Congrats on what appears to be an amicable resolution all around.

I stand by what bubbles the chimp had to say that day. A handfull of people getting some balls and starting a micro to have a war is ok by me. It didn't drag on too long (a few days from memory), I dont recall demands for reps for defending themselves... and thriller certainly wasn't a 136 nation political power firmly entrenched in the power structure of the new Hegemony with a track record of back to back similar antics either.

Not real sure if this is the best example someone could draw for a similar event? :huh:

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1350968828' post='3044412']
That all said - and naturally I'm a biased party, being a former Goon and all - Sardonic stepped up and resolved this situation admirably. Congrats on what appears to be an amicable resolution all around.
[/quote]

I can salute this... seriously it was good to see this resolved. It's not easy to admit when you are wrong but Sardonic manned up and did it and I'll pay that.

Edited by King Wally