GOONS Announcement

Groucho Marx

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='hobbies0310' timestamp='1349017348' post='3035958']
OMG lapdogs. CnG sucks. Terrible alliances. Etc...
[/quote]

Predictable dismissal of criticism of GOONS, etc., etc.

Ultimately GOONS isn't the alliance it once was, neither is TRL for that matter. Whether TRL lives to regret this treaty is yet to be seen.

For now, I'll throw out another tired cliche: "nice grouping".

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1349045906' post='3036080']

Ultimately GOONS isn't the alliance it once was, neither is TRL for that matter. Whether TRL lives to regret this treaty is yet to be seen.

[/quote]

Either STFU and convince your alliance to come at us. I can assure you we have no regrets with this treaty. Your move sparky.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1349049224' post='3036095']
Either STFU and convince your alliance to come at us. I can assure you we have no regrets with this treaty. Your move sparky.
[/quote]

Come at me bro!!! tighhhhhhhhht.

Wow this escalated quickly. One moment it was a thread with people hailing the GOON-TLR treaty the next it was a call out on Ai. The peanut gallery will always throw peanuts I guess. Can we just all agree that everybody needs to lie low for awhile and that certain members of the news team are not necessarily the voice of the channel?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh7tgX_Uaqs

Edited by Aeros

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1349049224' post='3036095']
[/quote]

lol. There needs to be a "Settle Down Rush" sig made like the one made for Brehon months ago.

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1349054287' post='3036107']
Wow this escalated quickly. One moment it was a thread with people hailing the GOON-TLR treaty the next it was a call out on Ai. The peanut gallery will always throw peanuts I guess. Can we just all agree that everybody needs to lie low for awhile and that certain members of the news team are not necessarily the voice of the channel?

[/quote]
are you kidding me? a callout on AI? you are not that daft are you? We could take Hal's post a member antagonizing an alliance with his silly "we will see if they regret this treaty"(one that already existed, so where the regret comes from, you got me.) Now before you point out that "Hal is only a member and not gov, so his remarks cant be a call-out"... Let me remind you that *I* too am not gov, and am just a member, and *I* cannot call out AI on behalf of our alliance. The callout is on Hal. He has been antagonistic of everything related to C&G in any way shape or form.... so my advice is simple... if we are that important to him.. then he should get involved, rally his alliance to action, or STFU about it.

[quote name='Rogal Dorn' timestamp='1349058854' post='3036131']
lol. There needs to be a "Settle Down Rush" sig made like the one made for Brehon months ago.
[/quote]

Why would I settle down, or need to settle down. Now that I am not constrained by the need for diplomatic niceities, I rather enjoy being able to tell people when they are full of absolute crap.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1349060790' post='3036156']
then he should get involved, rally his alliance to action, or STFU about it.
[/quote]
you make alot of callouts yourself, are you gonna rally TLR too burn what little political capital you have left for an elective war you might not win this time around? or just running your mouth like Hal is?

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1349060994' post='3036160']
you make alot of callouts yourself, are you gonna rally TLR too burn what little political capital you have left for an elective war you might not win this time around? or just running your mouth like Hal is?
[/quote]

Who do I callout? The only alliance I have come close to calling out is LSF... and lets be honest, their own idiocy took care of rolling them , I dont need to waste my time on such meaningless endeavors.

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1349061195' post='3036162']
you just called out Hal, and it isnt the first time, you two should get a room and work out your differences(or maybe love will bloom?).
[/quote]

It's not the 1st time he has ignorantly run his mouth either, it is what it is. He clearly desires a clash with us. I desire no clash with the alliance made up largely of my old allies in Olympus. Hence, he wants the clash, I dont want the clash. Who should become involved and make it happen ? If I want no clash, and there is no clash at this time, then I have the appropriate level of involvement to attain what I want (since, what I want, is happening.)

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1349045906' post='3036080']

[/quote]

Everything changes, especially alliances. Though I must say that our name or acronym is unlikely to change any time soon. TLR has always had this treaty with GOONS and we have yet to regret it. GOONS are our good friends, a great alliance and this re-write is a nice way to affirm our relationship. So, thank you, it really is a nice grouping.

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1349054287' post='3036107']

[/quote]

There is no call out or if there is, it is by a member who speaks his own mind as opposed to our alliance's collective opinion. You have one of your own as well who doesn't seem to like us very much and keeps pouring oil in fire. I understand it is an individual's opinion, so is Rush's. He just doesn't like seeing an alliance he loves and has worked for getting incessantly and sometimes incredibly ignorantly prodded. We can just agree that these are two members not speaking for our alliances and continue being friends. Or at least friendly.

P.S. Loved the clip :)

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1349060873' post='3036159']
Why would I settle down, or need to settle down. Now that I am not constrained by the need for diplomatic niceities, I rather enjoy being able to tell people when they are full of absolute crap.
[/quote]

QFT. Rush speaks his own mind, it's time people got that it is not TLR's official words he types.

[quote name='KemMo' timestamp='1349071580' post='3036195']
This made a rather quick turn for the worst.

Regardless, congrats to both of you.
[/quote]

Thank you!