GOONS Announcement

Groucho Marx

[quote name='Commander shepard' timestamp='1349199354' post='3036640']
Then maybe that common person shouldn't act like C&G thinks like he does and maybe someone in C&G should tell him that they don't.
I seen nothing to suggest otherwise, when someone starts acting like they're speaking for a bloc it is only reasonable that they're countered.
[/quote]

What about Hal? Shouldn't somebody say that AI doesn't think like his does?

And yes I know that Hal's opinions aren't necessarily shared by AI. Which seems to be the concept you're missing here: That someone can voice their opinion without it necessarily reflecting that of their alliance or bloc mates.

Edited by Emperor Marx

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1349206007' post='3036669']

And yes I know that Hal's opinions aren't necessarily shared by AI. Which seems to be the concept you're missing here: That someone can voice their opinion without it necessarily reflecting that of their alliance or bloc mates.
[/quote]

hey man, we're only picking on one side here, even though both did it. don't you understand how being a hypocritical loudmouth works?

[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1349206007' post='3036669']

[/quote]

Oh yeah opinions are fine, you probably thought I was talking about his posts in this thread.
No, I was referring to posts he made in that other thread where he was playing "speaker" for C&G.

I don't think Hal would do something as stupid as that.

Edited by Commander shepard

[quote name='Commander shepard' timestamp='1349219753' post='3036804']
Oh yeah opinions are fine, you probably thought I was talking about his posts in this thread.
No, I was referring to posts he made in that other thread where he was playing "speaker" for C&G.

[/quote]

No, YOU made him as "speaker" for C&G. No one with a modicum of understanding of how the politics here work did as such. Rush used to be high up in his alliance, and thus in his bloc, so it's safe to assume he knows what he is talking about. But, right now, he isn't anymore in a position of power. So he's not a "speaker" or whatever and you'd be a a complete and utter moron to think Rush is speaking for either TLR or C&G. Especially after being told numerous times.

Edited by potato

[quote name='Commander shepard' timestamp='1349219753' post='3036804']

[/quote]

My retired status does not stop me from speaking for C&G regarding events when I WAS in gov. .Show me anywhere where I spoke for C&G since my retirement, I will wait. When people who were not there, presume to tell me what happened, when I was there and part of it, I will damn sure tell them when they are wrong. My opinions in those cases, ARE the overarching opinion of what C&G as a whole were then.

The truth is... Jesus Christ himself... Or Admin himself... or any of another thousand deities could appear before you and tell you "Rush is just a member, no different than Hal is"... and people like you will STILL be so blinded by the fact that you :

a) Love Hal's opinion
b) consider my alliance, my allies and my bloc to be an evil monstrosity that must be destroyed

that you will continue to ignore it no matter how many times its pointed out, and continue to perpetuate the double standard of "but he is just a member." At least have the courage to admit it. It is the OWF, its ok to be less than reasonable of rational, and its even more ok to try to drive home an agenda or an opinion that you support. But be man enough to admit it.

Edited by Rush Sykes

• 1 month later...

As an original proponent of the =LOST=/GOONS treaty all those *years* ago, I am proud to see my progeny in TLR reaffirm its commitment to an ally that throughout all of our shared wars has continually acted to the benefit of =LOST= and TLR. Sardonic and SirWilliam are stand up allies.

o/ GOONS

o/TLR

o/ =LOST= (Oh, how I miss thee =LOST=)

Wait. =Lost= no longer exists? When did this happen?

Will be amazing to see how an announcement that does little more than cleanup the language of what already existed beforehand generates controversy.

[quote name='Taget' timestamp='1353817891' post='3056919']
Wait. =Lost= no longer exists? When did this happen?

Will be amazing to see how an announcement that does little more than cleanup the language of what already existed beforehand generates controversy.
[/quote]
[quote name='Mandellav' timestamp='1353811000' post='3056898']
As an original proponent of the =LOST=/GOONS treaty all those *years* ago, I am proud to see my progeny in TLR reaffirm its commitment to an ally that throughout all of our shared wars has continually acted to the benefit of =LOST= and TLR. Sardonic and SirWilliam are stand up allies.

o/ GOONS

o/TLR

o/ =LOST= (Oh, how I miss thee =LOST=)
[/quote]

It's cool, You're only a month and half late.