GOONS Announcement

Groucho Marx

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1349054287' post='3036107']
Wow this escalated quickly. One moment it was a thread with people hailing the GOON-TLR treaty the next it was a call out on Ai. The peanut gallery will always throw peanuts I guess. Can we just all agree that everybody needs to lie low for awhile and that certain members of the news team are not necessarily the voice of the channel?

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh7tgX_Uaqs"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Uh7tgX_Uaqs[/url]
[/quote]

Rush is why we can't have good things...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1349061521' post='3036163']
It's not the 1st time he has ignorantly run his mouth either, it is what it is. He clearly desires a clash with us. I desire no clash with the alliance made up largely of my old allies in Olympus. Hence, he wants the clash, I dont want the clash. Who should become involved and make it happen ? If I want no clash, and there is no clash at this time, then I have the appropriate level of involvement to attain what I want (since, what I want, is happening.)
[/quote]

And so the "Come at me Bro," slowly recedes...

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1348988859' post='3035888']
Nice to see GOONS is still alive, you guys are so quiet after the Kaskus war.
[/quote]

that war was better than the last real war, tbh. we've had months of absolute let down when compared to those couple months of heated clicking.

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1349054287' post='3036107']
Wow this escalated quickly. One moment it was a thread with people hailing the GOON-TLR treaty the next it was a call out on Ai. The peanut gallery will always throw peanuts I guess. Can we just all agree that everybody needs to lie low for awhile and that certain members of the news team are not necessarily the voice of the channel?

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh7tgX_Uaqs"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Uh7tgX_Uaqs[/url]
[/quote]

Hal really started it. So you can't have a member say something inflammatory and then complain when people call him on it. If your going to shovel poop, you better be able to take it from time to time as well.

That being said, glad we got this re-write done despite my attempt to bury it in my inbox.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1349060873' post='3036159']
Why would I settle down, or need to settle down. Now that I am not constrained by the need for diplomatic niceities, I rather enjoy being able to tell people when they are full of absolute crap.
[/quote]
I, too, was once retired.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1349049224' post='3036095']
Either STFU and convince your alliance to come at us. I can assure you we have no regrets with this treaty. Your move sparky.
[/quote]
nvm rush you keep on holding on to the old hatreds man. I was hoping that a treaty would have occured between AI and TLR but this just proves our gov is very good at what it does. Keep comming Rush someday you may get your wish. When you wake up the next morning and realize it probably was a terrible wish. Good luck to both parties may it bring you to your ultimate goal.

Edited by Buds The Man

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1349130774' post='3036351']
that war was better than the last real war, tbh. we've had months of absolute let down when compared to those couple months of heated clicking.
[/quote]
yeah, even fights vs curbstomps tend to be more interesting, funny how nobody ever wants a fair fight though, eh?

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1349138802' post='3036417']
nvm rush you keep on holding on to the old hatreds man. I was hoping that a treaty would have occured between AI and TLR but this just proves our gov is very good at what it does. Keep comming Rush someday you may get your wish. When you wake up the next morning and realize it probably was a terrible wish. Good luck to both parties may it bring you to your ultimate goal.
[/quote]

Come on Bud... it was not holding onto hatred. Surely you can see who posted the inflammatory nonsense 1st,. I just played along. If you think my exchange with Hal somehow affirms the reality that we would have been incompatible treaty partners, then you are being willfully dismissive of your alliance mates post, and failing to grasp that mine was in reply to his. Oh.. and we are both just members. Or does that line only work when your members go to the OWF to prod at my blocmates? Come on Bud, you are better than double standards.

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1349139783' post='3036423']
yeah, even fights vs curbstomps tend to be more interesting, funny how nobody ever wants a fair fight though, eh?
[/quote]

VE made a pretty interesting play during that last war. Probably one of a very few instances where someone took the honor road in a time where most do everything they can not to lose.

Anyway, I like signing treaties that will be upheld.

You mean the uncoordinated running in to the battlefield where the people you are allied to and coming in defense for are asking what the $%&@ you are doing and smoking. If that wasn't the most obvious way of getting peace quick while doing as little as possible I don't know what is.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1349049224' post='3036095']
Either STFU and convince your alliance to come at us. I can assure you we have no regrets with this treaty. Your move sparky.
[/quote]

How did you ever lose your position :ph34r: . Still honest anger is better than continiuosly saying you want to move further away from MK but make decisions that only move you closer.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1349142545' post='3036450']
Oh.. and we are both just members. Or does that line only work when your members go to the OWF to prod at my blocmates? Come on Bud, you are better than double standards.
[/quote]

Are you intentionally joking or is this the new stance taking by you and your allies?
If it is I am impressed, people were called out on it enough, it is about time they stopped being idiotic and having blatant double standards.

Edited by Commander shepard

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1349157543' post='3036549']
You mean the uncoordinated running in to the battlefield where the people you are allied to and coming in defense for are asking what the $%&@ you are doing and smoking. If that wasn't the most obvious way of getting peace quick while doing as little as possible I don't know what is.
[/quote]

Try again.

[quote name='Commander shepard' timestamp='1349176872' post='3036573']
Are you intentionally joking or is this the new stance taking by you and your allies?
If it is I am impressed, people were called out on it enough, it is about time they stopped being idiotic and having blatant double standards.
[/quote]

I have no idea who you think his personal allies are but I suspect you're being intentionally blind or dumb to what's been said before. Since I am such a nice girl, I shall indulge you again. Rush is a member of TLR, not a government official, and speaks for himself not for the alliance. Get used to it. Otherwise next thing we know, whatever alliance this Death-type is in will get rolled for whatever science fiction he is pouring out of his trap. And that's just one of the examples of our fantastic gang of OWF tinhat-posters.

In conclusion - you're all so serious. This is a re-write of a treaty that's existed for a long time and it won't break the world by being put into an updated format! Relax, have a cupcake and some tea.

Edit: Typo.

Edited by Elorian

[quote name='Elorian' timestamp='1349185011' post='3036590']
I have no idea who you think his personal allies are but I suspect you're being intentionally blind or dumb to what's been said before. Since I am such a nice girl, I shall indulge you again. Rush is a member of TLR, not a government official, and speaks for himself not for the alliance. Get used to it.

[/quote]

Then someone better tell him not to act as speaker for all of C&G(Forget about TLR).

[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1349197492' post='3036631']
Only a fool takes the common peon's opinion as that of an entire alliance, let alone an entire bloc. It's you. You're the fool.
[/quote]

Then maybe that common person shouldn't act like C&G thinks like he does and maybe someone in C&G should tell him that they don't.
I seen nothing to suggest otherwise, when someone starts acting like they're speaking for a bloc it is only reasonable that they're countered.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1349175044' post='3036571']
How did you ever lose your position :ph34r: . Still honest anger is better than continiuosly saying you want to move further away from MK but make decisions that only move you closer.
[/quote]

I did not "lose" my position. OOC: RL issues led to my resignation :End OOC:... but your assertion is cute. I want to pinch your cheeks.

[quote name='Commander shepard' timestamp='1349176872' post='3036573']
[/quote]

Joking about what? Hal making his comment, then me responding, only to have his be overlooked, and mine be pounced on? Or that I am just a member? Because I am. Clarify please.