Which ally will act first?

Alterego

353 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1344348896' post='3019530']
It's far too early to see the downfall of [i]a lot[/i] of those treaties given either historical relevance or the fact that they have many shared goals.
[/quote]

I think you should take a look at ODN and TOP history. Don't know too much about TLR, NG or Alchemy, and I doubt Nordreich will cancel on their allies just for political reasons. I do know that ODN and TOP however have a history of doing so and I predict cancellations from them in the next year or so.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1344317051' post='3019450']
This post seems to hinge on one important detail: the idea that we're out to pick a fight with NPO and AI.

Protip: we aren't.
[/quote]

Color me convinced.

[quote name='Nintenderek' timestamp='1344365744' post='3019614']
I think you should take a look at ODN and TOP history. Don't know too much about TLR, NG or Alchemy, and I doubt Nordreich will cancel on their allies just for political reasons. I do know that ODN and TOP however have a history of doing so and I predict cancellations from them in the next year or so.
[/quote]

The history part I completely agree with, but they have a tendency only to flop around when they need to latch on to another power sphere. The Hipsters are still keeping their sphere together for the most part, but when the tide shifts, as it always does (this is Bob after all) I would suspect that what you predict will come to fruition. I would be shocked if either made a cancellation simply trying to create a new power sphere on their own. That is something that would break their historical precedence and to be frank, neither has the political guts or know how to do it IMHO.

[quote name='bkphysics' timestamp='1344366597' post='3019621']
The history part I completely agree with, but they have a tendency only to flop around when they need to latch on to another power sphere. The Hipsters are still keeping their sphere together for the most part, but when the tide shifts, as it always does (this is Bob after all) I would suspect that what you predict will come to fruition. I would be shocked if either made a cancellation simply trying to create a new power sphere on their own. That is something that would break their historical precedence and to be frank, neither has the political guts or know how to do it IMHO.
[/quote]

Not that the content of your post isn't really, really interesting, but where does the Hipsters nickname come from?

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1344367982' post='3019625']
Not that the content of your post isn't really, really interesting, but where does the Hipsters nickname come from?
[/quote]

I would tell you but then I would have to kill you!

[size="1"]ooc* it's my own personal nickname I created as they remind me of apple fan boy types[/size]

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1344321080' post='3019467']
With reported promises to give up NoR, post-Dave, to certain CnG members after the LSF debacle I'd think the cancellation might come from them, but who knows.
[/quote]
Yeah no, I quite like NoR, our treaty with NoR, and as we all know I'm still the king behind the curtain.

This post seems to hinge on one important detail: the idea that we're out to pick a fight with NPO and AI.

[/quote]
Not really. JA was asking about winds of change, and I pointed out what appears to be a power shift away from MK/DH and toward NPO and allies. A little over a year ago, DH could roll NPO with impunity. Today, I think they're probably in a safer position that anyone in the web, yourselves included. I do think tension between the two groups is inevitable, but I have no idea whether either of you is actively out to get each other at this point.

[/quote]

On matters like these, the things said in public and the things said in the back rooms are very different things. But don't you worry. Everything is going to be ok. You have nothing to worry about.

Edited by supercoolyellow

[/quote]

Are you sure? I recall seeing some screenies which point to the opposite.

I can't pick one, they're all pretty tight.

I'd vote for 1 of the CnG lackies(probably ODN) but only because they will want to act all rebellious and all that s**t but still remain under MK's wing.
Not that they will, but that is the only way someone will drop MK in the current climate.

Edited by Commander shepard

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1344409249' post='3019794']
Are you sure? I recall seeing some screenies which point to the opposite.
[/quote]

From the very top they said they would never let NPO regain any amount of power ever again and recently said they are the real threat. With their history of attacking NPO for no reason but to keep them down and their top peoples repeated comments backing this up since karma its fairly laughable for them to say this and expect anyone swallow it.

[/quote]

Protip:
[quote name='Archon' timestamp='1295928088' post='2597854']
We cannot allow [b]any chance[/b] of a return to power by the New Pacific Order.
[/quote]

That was your reason to beat on them for no reason before in one of your earlier NOCB abuses of power.

[quote name='Commander shepard' timestamp='1344420778' post='3019805']
I can't pick one, they're all pretty tight.

I'd vote for 1 of the CnG lackies(probably ODN) but only because they will want to act all rebellious and all that s**t but still remain under MK's wing.
Not that they will, but that is the only way someone will drop MK in the current climate.
[/quote]

this thread delivers. :wacko:

[/quote]
Except we all know MK is run by talented individuals and while your above statement might be true at it's most simplistic level there can be no doubt MK will manuever to create a favorable situation where others are out to pick that fight.