GOD Declaration of War

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1340658542' post='2996150']
The league sat in essentially political freeze from the end of GW1 until GW2 happened, I fully agree we weren't a dedicated bloc, but to say we didn't have a chance to ensure Pacifica didn't become the monster lurking under every bed they did is BS.(I will fully agree with you that ODN/Legion royally screwed everything up for all three great wars though), League and WUT existed pre-GW2.
[/quote]
The League was signed on Christmas Eve. The war began directly after New Year's. Despite the League being discussed for a significant amount of time before WUT had been, some of our members dragged our heels, others dropped out, and WUT ended up being signed before the League was formed. There was no time to do anything. Besides, as I said, there was no reason for us to have gone to war. Even GWII wasn't a good reason for war--it was LUE being idiots about FARK, and NAAC/GATO leadership being even bigger idiots for following them down their stupid road in the stupidest way possible.

Prior to that, there was nothing that could have happened.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1340658918' post='2996157']
Yes.
I think you can figure out why I stopped here.

Adding caveats isn't making any of you seem any smarter. Continue your charade -- as you were. Leadership change is nowhere near as important as you're making it out to be.
[/quote]

If you honestly think that the days of Ivan Moldavi, Dilber and Moo are equivalent to what the NPO is like now, you're absolutely delusional.
[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1340659044' post='2996162']
funny, I could say that about this war, interesting how things change depending on what side of the web you're on, eh?
[/quote]
I don't believe I've said anywhere I think that this war is anything less than ridiculous. I fight because it's my job, personal opinions aside. But that doesn't mean I'll let mini-PC and his joke alliance try to take the moral high ground on principles of hypocrisy.

[quote name='Chris Kaos' timestamp='1340659243' post='2996167']
I don't believe I've said anywhere I think that this war is anything less than ridiculous. I fight because it's my job, personal opinions aside. But that doesn't mean I'll let mini-PC and his joke alliance try to take the moral high ground on principles of hypocrisy.
[/quote]
care to give an example of what Xiph has done in the past year that was so incredibly evil? besides getting rolled twice, of course.

[quote name='Cyphon88' timestamp='1340655981' post='2996126']
Cough*ahem*cough to get into the spirit of the thread.

hey Hey hey! gLooP my good sir. The only person who gets to call us Goo is Xiphomissy.

NO U.

And I think that about covers it. Hey Bud by the way, hope you're doing well mate, long time no see.

<insert random war chant/taunt to rally the masses>

And I think I'm done here.
[/quote]
Doing well Cyph have fun.

If you honestly think that the days of Ivan Moldavi, Dilber and Moo are equivalent to what the NPO is like now, you're absolutely delusional.

[/quote]

Nothing I said was delusional. You yourself stated that you believed the actions of your now allies to be despicable and them despicable for carrying them out. Time has since passed. You find them amiable, etc. I don't understand why you can't fathom the same being said for GOD.

I used your analogy and spun it around.

Note: I don't find either to have been or have acted in a despicable manner -- I do despise that people are unable to act(Everyone is very aware of what they're doing to recognize its effect,) when they are too cowardly to take on actual threats and instead fabricate claims upon others.

Extremely well thought out and written DoW.

Good luck to you guys :) You've got my future respect. (Relatively new here)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq7ur3uDBDY

I thought this soundtrack was fitting for your DoW ;p

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1340659447' post='2996170']
Nothing I said was delusional. You yourself stated that you believed the actions of your now allies to be despicable and them despicable for carrying them out. Time has since passed. You find them amiable, etc. I don't understand why you can't fathom the same being said for GOD.

I used your analogy and spun it around.

Note: I don't find either to have been or have acted in a despicable manner -- I do despise that people are unable to act(Everyone is very aware of what they're doing to recognize its effect,) when they are too cowardly to take on actual threats and instead fabricate claims upon others.
[/quote]

The NPO and ODN of old are nothing like they were 4, 5 years ago. We can point to several examples that back this assertion up.

It is then your back to back up the assertion that GOD has changed much from the days of even SG. Otherwise this comparison falls on its face.

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1340660032' post='2996183']
The NPO and ODN of old are nothing like they were 4, 5 years ago. We can point to several examples that back this assertion up.

It is then your back to back up the assertion that GOD has changed much from the days of even SG. Otherwise this comparison falls on its face.
[/quote]

If you recall my response -- I pass no judgment one way or the other on either alliance.

On topic:

That is if assuming you take the argument that time alone is an indicator of change -- or it has any value of all. Another great discussion but further from the point I was making. People are !@#$%*ing about things that were said or were things that its allies would not have been willing to carry out a long time ago, but have a double standard when it suits their needs.

However, re-butting his argument was as simple as pointing out that plenty of time has passed and the only real difference in the two is political position or perceived worth.

In fact I don't know why I bother considering everyone here is nearly all bought and sold anyway.

Edited by IYIyTh

[/quote]

I'm not entirely sure what GATO's problem with GOD is to be quite honest. I've seen this from darthcyfe over the last year or so and now yourself.

When you were beaten in a war by GOD and other SuperFriends we gave you a peace with no terms whatsoever, http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=98115

But no doubt, you'll choose to skip over this.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1340660586' post='2996192']
In fact I don't know why I bother considering everyone here is nearly all bought and sold anyway.
[/quote]

If I had known I could have gotten paid to troll OWF...

[quote name='Phaedron' timestamp='1340661462' post='2996210']
If I had known I could have gotten paid to troll OWF...
[/quote]

You're an idiot.

[quote name='Phetion' timestamp='1340661359' post='2996208']
I'm not entirely sure what GATO's problem with GOD is to be quite honest. I've seen this from darthcyfe over the last year or so and now yourself.

When you were beaten in a war by GOD and other SuperFriends we gave you a peace with no terms whatsoever, http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=98115

But no doubt, you'll choose to skip over this.
[/quote]

[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97513"]I'm not sure CSN declaring war over fake logs on GATO's blocmate helped.[/url]

[quote name='Captain Spock' timestamp='1340662130' post='2996222']
[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97513"]I'm not sure CSN declaring war over fake logs on GATO's blocmate helped.[/url]
[/quote]

Except that they declared to help Hydra at the request of the PB-led coalition that fought in that war, not over any logs. The logs were just thrown in there as a joke because they were amusing and given to SF by someone close to LoSS at the time. So that would be a pretty silly reason to hate someone considering all the stuff their friends and allies have been doing this war. Also not sure why you brought up CSN when he was talking about GOD.

Edited by ShadowDragon

[quote name='ShadowDragon' timestamp='1340663669' post='2996230']
Except that they declared to help Hydra at the request of the PB-led coalition that fought in that war, not over any logs. The logs were just thrown in there as a joke because they were amusing and given to SF by someone close to LoSS at the time. So that would be a pretty silly reason to hate someone considering all the stuff their friends and allies have been doing this war. Also not sure why you brought up CSN when he was talking about GOD.
[/quote]
He hates GOD by association with CSN. And he hates CSN for offering peace with a no re-entry clause to LoSS.

EDIT: At least that's as best I can tell. It's also become so abundantly vogue to hate on CSN and GOD. I mean really, what are those two pathetic weak alliances going to do anyway?

Edited by Goose

[/quote]

I wasn't trying to argue the validity of the CB, sorry if it sounded that way. I was trying to say that the actions of one blocmate can create a negative opinion of the rest of the bloc.

[/quote]

Because Xiph chose to be involved in the whole process and acted like a deranged !@#$, CSN needed a target and saw LoSS as having no allies left, as a viable target. DT came in to help LoSS on a ODP, however ODP is not a treaty according to some which resulted them in getting punished for picnicking on CSN's upper tier. , CSN went on the pretence of coalition warring which they happily admitted, however Hydra gov stated they never asked for assistance. If hydra stated they needed help, then I will happily eat my words on that statement, nevertheless the whole situation, handled at times by xiph, acted like his usual self when on his high horse however it didn't particularly go down well with LoSS and her allies at the time. Put it this way I still think both of god and csn are full of !@#$*.

Edited by Amossio

Starting to get sidetracked, but...

[quote name='Captain Spock' timestamp='1340662130' post='2996222']
[/quote]

I think it might be more accurate just to say there's [i]still[/i] bad blood following the GATO/CSN split and it's popular to hate GOD at this point in time; the worst I've heard from GATO about GOD is that they were a bad influence on CSN. I'd be surprised if it was more than just holding a grudge because it's convenient.

Honestly, when other alliances who could claim some genuine grievances (Echelon? RoK/MA keeping them at war for ~3 months just... because they could?) aren't obsessive and abusive, a lot of the complaints that get pushed around by other parties look extremely petty — they're politically motivated, but people pretend it's personal... for credibility?

[quote name='MrMuz' timestamp='1340643340' post='2995970']
So this is being repeated throughout the thread here, about GOD being just as guilty as MK. And people just keep repeating this line.

But I'm not familiar of what goes on in the back channels, so could you or someone else please list down GOD's crimes so that it the discussion here becomes a little more than 'no u'.

tia.
[/quote]
I'll go with this example - as there are others but this one concerns me directly: Xiphosis spent much of a year trying to make sure my former home, The Order of the Paradox, was kept isolated following the most damaging war of its history. In what would later be known as a ridiculously terrible FA move, he even went as far as to voice his displeasure on GOONS when MK allied TOP, losing a precious ally in the process.

Yes, this world exists thanks to SuperFriends as well. To pin it solely on MK or NG is to forget who helped them rise to power. It wasn't so long ago that the powerbloc SuperGrievances, although lacking in unity and direction, was ruling the place. That the 'Super' part of it got outmaneuvered politically is their own fault.

To see members of SF or XX looking all surprised as to why some people dislike them as if they had been perfect angels in the past years is really funny. Next time, maybe you'll start paying attention to what the leaders of your bloc(s) are doing.

[quote name='AmbroseIV' timestamp='1340665634' post='2996261']

I think it might be more accurate just to say there's [i]still[/i] bad blood following the GATO/CSN split and it's popular to hate GOD at this point in time; the worst I've heard from GATO about GOD is that they were a bad influence on CSN. I'd be surprised if it was more than just holding a grudge because it's convenient.
[/quote]

Not at all - I don't think an ages old split has much do to do with it. The hostage taking of LoSS and DT as a means of drawing NoR out has gone down in our memory as the first time someone actively screwed with us after the Viceroy ended. We befriended The Brain, who came with their own baggage of hate. I suppose we consider GOD to have been a "bad influence" in the sense that it was them puppeteering all the way through. We don't even have half the grievance LoSS and DT do, but it's nice to have a goal to drive yourself forward every day, y'know?

At the time, Xiph and his crew were pretty untouchable, so maybe we'll feel a bit more comfortable with closing that chapter after this, because honestly I'm impressed we got here in the first place.

Edited by Laslo Kenez