No Church in the Wild

Zoomzoomzoom

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1339111585' post='2979033']
Okay, then let's just air all of our dirty laundry on the OWF if this didn't really accomplish anything. Fact is privacy exists for a reason, else we'd all expose our internal dealings on the OWF all the time. There's a reason why Liz was bellowing at Fark for them keeping government logs. And why people talk about other people behind their backs. Because they don't want others to know, or they don't need others to know. So quit acting like you people aren't scrambling to figure out who did this (if you haven't already) and are working to patch up security. And if you aren't, then you're incompetent at government.
[/quote]

Euhm.. I'm not doing !@#$.. last time i checked i wasn't CSN gov..

But yes I agree priyacy is there for a reason and no i can't imagine CSN being happy with it happening, all i'm saying is that it seems like a waste of time to go spying if all you can get is stuff like this.

Edited by EgoFreaky

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='EgoFreaky' timestamp='1339111663' post='2979035']
Euhm.. I'm not doing !@#$.. last time i checked i wasn't CSN gov..
[/quote]
Don't be dumb. You know who I'm directing that at.

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1339111585' post='2979033']
Okay, then let's just air all of our dirty laundry on the OWF if this didn't really accomplish anything. Fact is privacy exists for a reason, else we'd all expose our internal dealings on the OWF all the time. There's a reason why Liz was bellowing at Fark for them keeping government logs. And why people talk about other people behind their backs. Because they don't want others to know, or they don't need others to know. So quit acting like you people aren't scrambling to figure out who did this (if you haven't already) and are working to patch up security. And if you aren't, then you're incompetent at government.
[/quote]
They would be incompetent to come out here freaking out about this, since there is simply nothing they can do to stop it at this point. You accept what happened and work to resolve it internally.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1339111784' post='2979038']
They would be incompetent to come out here freaking out about this, since there is simply nothing they can do to stop it at this point. You accept what happened and work to resolve it internally.
[/quote]
Of course. I never said anything about them needing to come out freaking out. Calm and rational thinking is exactly what I would say is the best way to go about this as well.

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1339111744' post='2979037']
Don't be dumb. You know who I'm directing that at.
[/quote]

Euhm seeing you quote me and respond to my post and then in the same paragraph say: ' So quit acting like you people aren't scrambling to figure out who did this' I can only assume you directed it at me. And therefor I responded with a simple I'm not scrambling or doing anything. As far as I'm concerned this is the quietest evening I've had in a while :)

[quote name='EgoFreaky' timestamp='1339112251' post='2979042']
Euhm seeing you quote me and respond to my post and then in the same paragraph say: ' So quit acting like you people aren't scrambling to figure out who did this' I can only assume you directed it at me. And therefor I responded with a simple I'm not scrambling or doing anything. As far as I'm concerned this is the quietest evening I've had in a while :)
[/quote]
Random pedantry is one of the great plagues of the OWF.

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1339112470' post='2979045']
Random pedantry is one of the great plagues of the OWF.
[/quote]
Wait you directly responded to him and are now claiming he is pedantic for thinking you responded to him?

[quote name='ShouAS' timestamp='1339112559' post='2979047']
Wait you directly responded to him and are now claiming he is pedantic for thinking you responded to him?
[/quote]
I was responding to him. He is being pedantic because it's quite obvious I am talking about CSN, because that's what this topic is about. He is being pedantic because he is strictly viewing "you people" as a reference to necessarily include him because I am talking to him. It's obvious that he's in RnR. I know who he is. He even has a tag that says it. It's pretty unnecessary to draw out this random argument about my wording.

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1339112714' post='2979050']
I was responding to him. He is being pedantic because it's quite obvious I am talking about CSN, because that's what this topic is about. He is being pedantic because he is strictly viewing "you people" as a reference to necessarily include him because I am talking to him. It's obvious that he's in RnR. I know who he is. He even has a tag that says it. It's pretty unnecessary to draw out this random argument about my wording.
[/quote]

Not really, when you say "you people" directly at someone it is implied that they are part of the you. If you had said "those people" or "that alliance" then the argument would be different, but you didn't, so his assumption that you were grouping him in with "you people" is perfectly valid under normal linguistic construction.

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1339112982' post='2979053']
meh... now Lennox... he knew how to turn a spy incident into a [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/PB-NpO_War"]free for all[/url]
[/quote]

Agreed, minimal time invested, maximum results.

[quote name='ShouAS' timestamp='1339112974' post='2979052']
Not really, when you say "you people" directly at someone it is implied that they are part of the you. If you had said "those people" or "that alliance" then the argument would be different, but you didn't, so his assumption that you were grouping him in with "you people" is perfectly valid under normal linguistic construction.
[/quote]
Oh come off it. This argument is stupid and you know it. There are far more interesting things to talk about in this thread than analyzing my "linguistic construction" abilities, which I will admit aren't perfect.

[quote name='Ruler with Plan X' timestamp='1339100046' post='2978875']
It's obvious isn't it? Your precursors TotalFarkistan! took this bit of confidential information with them when they split and passed it down through the ages in a Tome of Secrets. Only your AAs reverence for it as a Holy Book kept it from being public knowledge.
[/quote]

I hadn't thought of that angle. If I'm reading those logs right though, that practice may have started after the formation of TF!. Either way, Fark, all your sekrits are belong to us.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1339101719' post='2978893']
well yeah you dislike some of their allies more, I don't remember anyone having a kind word to say about CSN either though

E: also wow CSN, how desperate for gov members are you that you made sherry MoIA so soon after he joined
[/quote]

You couldn't tell they were desperate for leadership when they got Liz to be their ruler?

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1339112982' post='2979053']
meh... now Lennox... he knew how to turn a spy incident into a [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/PB-NpO_War"]free for all[/url]
[/quote]

Shirunei's idle.

Also, I still like Fark alot.

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1339112714' post='2979050']
[/quote]

R&R

[img]http://rrwellness.webs.com/R&R.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1339107962' post='2978965']
I just wanted to quote this for truth.
[/quote]Indeed, The Irony is almost too much for me to bare XD...That doesn't change the fact that spying is extremely impolite. Shame on you Zoom.

I can't understand why Liz would be so pissed with a standard procedure to share logs about the alliance with the others government members and, as others pointed before, while doing the exactly same thing.

That said, I'd love to see the same people who posted about how amazing and epic Zoom3x is, doing the same thing if he had posted NG stuff.