Announcement from Pandora's Box

[quote name='Redneck' timestamp='1337402111' post='2969370']
How can you not like magicninja? You gonna say you don't like me next?
[/quote]

He's right. I'm GATOs resident unforgiving !@#$%^&. Some people enjoy it others don't. Can't blame either side.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote]SLCB-SOS war didnt happen because SOS's allies didn't want to fight at that point, not because of some mystical force which would have ripped pb apart.[/quote]

I was outlining situations in where there would have been significant challenges to the power of PB. Not situations in which PB was "ripped apart".

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1337395948' post='2969338']
The odds of MK joining PB were always 0%. You're talking about an irrelevant situation.
[/quote]

Umm that's the point....

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1337403592' post='2969384']
He's right. I'm GATOs resident unforgiving !@#$%^&. Some people enjoy it others don't. Can't blame either side.
[/quote]
Indeed. I in fact find it cute. cootie-pootie-oh-you-awww

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1337366732' post='2969182']
I don't even need to say anything, heh.
[/quote]

I don't really see the point of this remark. You said I was the leader for half of the time, and that implies some continuity. I am not an entirely different person and it's something they indulge in to assuage their lack of comprehension or reasonable acknowledgement towards the issues I have with you and them.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1337395948' post='2969338']
Didn't BAPS fight in DH-NPO or was that another DR alliance that I'm thinking of?

The odds of MK joining PB were always 0%. You're talking about an irrelevant situation.
[/quote]

That was ML who went into defend TPF. No other DR alliance took part in that war.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1337433812' post='2969470']
If they'd fought Olympus they would've remembered it :P
[/quote]
tbh, I'm pretty sure I couldn't name half the alliances MK fought that war. I fought a couple of CCC guys the first round and then spent most of my time beating whatever Legion members that left pm solo senseless.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1337327158' post='2969031']
-snip-
[/quote]
No offense, Roq, but that is stagnation. If your only FA goal is to become powerful then you're stagnating the game. Power is nice and all, but you need to have real goals, and "becoming powerful" is not a real goal.

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1337453267' post='2969551']
No offense, Roq, but that is stagnation. If your only FA goal is to become powerful then you're stagnating the game. Power is nice and all, but you need to have real goals, and "becoming powerful" is not a real goal.
[/quote]

It's not really, since it requires activity in order to make it worthwhile. You have to be willing to go to war and get the necessary people to back your efforts. Hence someone referred to MK being tied to all kinds of blocs in the R&R-NATO thread since those connections were crucial to making things happen, albeit they are not necessarily sustainable long-term. I needed all the ties I had in order to make the war that preceded the last a viable venture, since if you recall PB wasn't necessarily popular and a lot of people didn't want to help PB-as-a-whole necessarily. It was even difficult getting help for GOONS.

edit: So I had to leverage every favor I could call in order to make the Pandoran War(a la Ardus) viable and some others did as well. Like it cost VE a lot politically.

Otherwise you're in the situation NPO was in when their allies wanted to go at each other or MK pre mass drop if your ties are with groups that cannot be expected to maintain peace long-term. You have to be the one directing the action in order for ties to be compatible. If you're accumulating treaties and letting others direct the action, but stopping it midway, then it's stagnation.

A lot of people are underestimating all the crap that went wrong during the war I"m talking about. For instance, Ragnarok threw a spanner into all plans and it was completely unexpected. Impero was also anticipating Nueva Vida to be on VE's side. Many side switches took place and people got involved in bad configurations(ie Synergy being avoidable, but the choice of target Omni had bringing the entire bloc in.

Rolling Polaris was a lot harder the first time around compared to the TOP-IRON/Polar, since a lot of elements who hated Polar were not willing to back PB, but they all did for TOP/IRON.

edit: sorry for all the edits, just thought it needed expanding.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1337453267' post='2969551']
[/quote]
This is only true if you're already at the top of the power structure. To use a historic and therefore hopefully non-controversial example: in the Continuum era, NPO's goal of being powerful was stagnating, MK's was not.

Whether you want to claim that Umbrella were in a position of power when Roq was at the helm is interesting, but almost certainly not related to PB. With regard to PB itself, before it was signed, the signatory alliances weren't in such a position, but having created it, it would be possible to argue that PB's foreign policy was stagnatory.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1337453615' post='2969553']Rolling Polaris was a lot harder the first time around compared to the TOP-IRON/Polar, since a lot of elements who hated Polar were not willing to back PB, but they all did for TOP/IRON.[/quote]
Not a coincidence. We spent a long time rallying others and making sure their goals would be accomplished too.

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1337463649' post='2969607']
Not a coincidence. We spent a long time rallying others and making sure their goals would be accomplished too.
[/quote]

Not to mention Polar spent a lot of time pissing others off, which made it even easier.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1337462819' post='2969603']
This is only true if you're already at the top of the power structure. To use a historic and therefore hopefully non-controversial example: in the Continuum era, NPO's goal of being powerful was stagnating, MK's was not.
[/quote]
MK's goal has never been to be powerful. That's boring. Becoming powerful might be a step on the way to achieving our goals, but it has never been the end goal.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1337742278' post='2970819']
Goodbye. When the web has truly reformed away from this grouping I will take note, until then, goodbye.
[/quote]

Where did I hear your name before......

Can't put my finger on it

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1337742278' post='2970819']
Goodbye. When the web has truly reformed away from this grouping I will take note, until then, goodbye.
[/quote]

[quote name='dcrews20' timestamp='1337744284' post='2970828']
Where did I hear your name before......

Can't put my finger on it
[/quote]

He's one of the reasons the web formed around that grouping. He is the man who could not stand for injustice - when it was being directed at him personally. He is the former Emperor of the NpO.

[quote name='dcrews20' timestamp='1337745402' post='2970833']
It was a joke Canik :P I know who he is, thanks though.
[/quote]

That's cool, I was just looking for an excuse to post what I did anyway. Teamwork for the win! *highfive*

[quote name='Canik' timestamp='1337745663' post='2970834']
That's cool, I was just looking for an excuse to post what I did anyway. Teamwork for the win! *highfive*
[/quote]
*highfive

In a related note nothing has changed