Announcement from Pandora's Box

[quote name='Micheal Malone' timestamp='1334468597' post='2953647']
And some people are willing to shed some NS for an ally. Why does this seem like a foreign concept? It's not like GOONS force PB to join. PB willingly joined. GOONS didn't hold a gun to our head.

If you read a bit further up in the post that you quoted, it's quite simple. We like war, GOONS often brings us war. Why would we review that treaty?
[/quote]

But there isn't enough opponents to go around, so its more like twiddling your thumbs? Are you guys going to take turns?

:)

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1334472473' post='2953661']
If you knew anything of the last month within Grämlins, your view of us would be different.

Tunnel vision is not a very good trait to have.
[/quote]
Ah, that definitely sounds like the Grämlins I used to know :)

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' timestamp='1334473955' post='2953671']
Ah, that definitely sounds like the Grämlins I used to know :)
[/quote]

Well most of his discussion is idiotic at best as 80% of the people within Grämlins was in Ninja's. His memory is selective at best.

Edited by nutkase

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1334450324' post='2953462']
Some people are willing to lose some NS in order to maintain a principle, I would think you would understand that
[/quote]

I certainly do, and without speaking for him we both certainly know he does as well. But the purported 'principle' in question here being what it is makes it hard to credit such an idealistic decision. It seems far more likely that the course was embarked on with the expectation of easy loot and victory. Maybe they have kept raising when they should have folded because they have a consistent moral aversion to folding. Maybe?

Hm. Kind of having a hard time buying that tbh. :\

And some people are willing to shed some NS for an ally. Why does this seem like a foreign concept? It's not like GOONS force PB to join. PB willingly joined. GOONS didn't hold a gun to our head.[/quote]

Not strange at all that you are happy and jump at the chance to fight for an ally, as would we. A bit strange that you dont seem to notice the fact that you now outnumber them by what, ~8000:19? or recognise that the fact is actually a pretty important part of the picture, not just an incidental detail that can be ignored.

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

I realize that in this place everyone just sees what they want to see, and only cherry-picks whatever they want to spin their point, but come on...one real weak logic line in all 25 threads made for this war:

Just because I use my friend's can-opener to open a can instead of my own knife doesn't mean I 'couldn't' open the can by myself or I 'needed' my friend's help or I 'had to' use the can opener. It was just faster and more efficient way to get the result I would have gotten anyway.

[size="1"]Of course in this case, GOONS were using their knife on a particularly stubborn can, and the can cut their finger a little, so after a while they decided to skip the knife and can-opener altogether and got their friend's .45 out to finish the job <_<[/size]

[quote name='denkimon' timestamp='1334493029' post='2953705']
I realize that in this place everyone just sees what they want to see, and only cherry-picks whatever they want to spin their point, but come on...one real weak logic line in all 25 threads made for this war:

Just because I use my friend's can-opener to open a can instead of my own knife doesn't mean I 'couldn't' open the can by myself or I 'needed' my friend's help or I 'had to' use the can opener. It was just faster and more efficient way to get the result I would have gotten anyway.

[size="1"]Of course in this case, GOONS were using their knife on a particularly stubborn can, and the can cut their finger a little, so after a while they decided to skip the knife and can-opener altogether and got their friend's .45 out to finish the job <_<[/size]
[/quote]

But, you bought the can with stolen food stamps!

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1334465023' post='2953615']Kaskus/Mongols exploited GOONS weaknesses which we all know are there.[/quote]

Hold on a second...

[size="6"]
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA[/size]

...whew. Ok. That was a good one. Now for our apology.

Dear GOONS,

MONGOLS & Kaskus hereby apologize for exploiting your weakness. We are sorry we laid the trap at the tech dealer for you, and we are sorry you fell into it. We further apologize for forcing you to attack - and keep attacking - our mighty micro forces. In addition, we are sorry for attempting to avoid war and spare you the embarrassment. Lastly, we apologize for being unwilling to end this War of Exploitation through our onerous peace terms.*

Basically, MONGOLS & Kaskus are sorry that we knocked over your wheelchair.

We truly didn't realize you had polio, what with all the cage rattling and tough talk. What we thought were bionic enhancements to a smoothly oiled war machine must have just been leg braces.

Regretfully yours,
Courland

[size="1"]* - Condition 1) Stop attacking us. Condition 2) Peace.[/size]

Edited by Courland

[quote name='Courland' timestamp='1334493229' post='2953707']
Hold on a second...

[size="6"]
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA[/size]

...whew. Ok. That was a good one. Now for our apology.

Dear GOONS,

MONGOLS & Kaskus hereby apologize for exploiting your weakness. We are sorry we laid the trap at the tech dealer for you, and we are sorry you fell into it. We further apologize for forcing you to attack - and keep attacking - our mighty micro forces. In addition, we are sorry for attempting to avoid war and spare you the embarrassment. Lastly, we apologize for being unwilling to end this War of Exploitation through our onerous peace terms.*

Basically, MONGOLS & Kaskus are sorry that we knocked over your wheelchair.

We truly didn't realize you had polio, what with all the cage rattling and tough talk. What we though were bionic enhancements to a smoothly oiled war machine must have just been leg braces.

Regretfully yours,
Courland

[size="1"]* - Condition 1) Stop attacking us. Condition 2) Peace.[/size]
[/quote]

Courland, you post like a boss.

[quote name='Garion' timestamp='1334493596' post='2953709']
This one is good.
[/quote]

I lawled! :lol1:

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1334472473' post='2953661']
If you knew anything of the last month within Grämlins, your view of us would be different.

Tunnel vision is not a very good trait to have.
[/quote]
Yes because Gre has done inordinate amounts of things in the last month. Point me to one.

Don't worry, I'll help you out. You can't. Sure, maybe you've talked about doing something. That's all you ever do. Congrats.

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1334480462' post='2953681']
Well most of his discussion is idiotic at best as 80% of the people within Grämlins was in Ninja's. His memory is selective at best.
[/quote]
xfd. 'Most of his discussion'.

Anyway, not sure what you're trying to prove. Ninja's is not Gre. Gre has always been a platform for pointless moralizing, nothing more.

[quote name='suryanto tan' timestamp='1334384446' post='2952877']
Trust me. I know or at least I believe I know.
[/quote]
I trust that you believe you know, but that isn't quite the same.

[quote name='suryanto tan' timestamp='1334384446' post='2952877']
Also I notice that you are a new member of the alliance.
[/quote]
Good point, my only experience that I could possibly call upon is the last 54 days. If only I had had some experience of VE during the previous 1231 days, such as being a member of a close ally in the same bloc, I might have been able to know about VE beyond what one would expect of a new member.

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' timestamp='1334368957' post='2952691']
We didn't declare war on Kaskus and, as I mentioned in the post that you quoted but seem not have read and understood, we hadn't anticipated the substantial reinforcements they received from NEW.

edit:

The thing that is even more hilarious about that thread is his assumption that beefspari is a woman.
[/quote]

You might not of declared war on Kaskus, but you damn well knew they were coming in and to not prepare for that is just plain silly. You'll have to remind me how many NEW people joined Kaskus, at my last count it was betweeen 4-6, this isnt considered substantial when facing one alliance, let alone the fact that you brought in allies to deal with it.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1334494391' post='2953713']
Yes because Gre has done inordinate amounts of things in the last month. Point me to one.

Don't worry, I'll help you out. You can't. Sure, maybe you've talked about doing something. That's all you ever do. Congrats.

xfd. 'Most of his discussion'.

Anyway, not sure what you're trying to prove. Ninja's is not Gre. Gre has always been a platform for pointless moralizing, nothing more.[/quote]
Because NSO has been extremely active in the past few months on the international stage? Please.

As for the topic at hand, I still think GOONS-Umbrella - at most with the help of a few mercenaries, as with all wars - would have been more than able to handle this. While it may hurt, to group middle infrastructure and low technology nations (admitting they have SDIs) with one low infrastructure but high technology nation (with WRC) is the best way to defeat the MONkus. The former will win GAs and can be easily rebuilt while the latter will be launching the nukes. You don't need thirty nations with WRCs to cover ten enemies. You need ten.

I don't disagree with this show of force for moralistic reasons, I just happen to think the forces on the ground were already good and the PR hit isn't worth the small extra pressure it will put on the MONkus forces.

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

[quote name='Kowalski' timestamp='1334495140' post='2953716']
I trust that you believe you know, but that isn't quite the same.

Good point, my only experience that I could possibly call upon is the last 54 days. If only I had had some experience of VE during the previous 1231 days, such as being a member of a close ally in the same bloc, I might have been able to know about VE beyond what one would expect of a new member.
[/quote]

Tan presumed that since you have the seniority of 54 days that you might not have been linked to VE in the past. Now we know you have, we can put another argument to rest.

Agreed?

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1334495263' post='2953719']
Because NSO has been extremely active in the past few months on the international stage? Please.
[/quote]
Is that really what you took away from that exchange? And I thought you were one of the more intelligent ones around here. It was nutkase who introduced the month limit. Compare our history and theirs, you'll see who puts their words into action. Except of course you already know that. Gotta prop them up, right?

Congratulations, Mongols and Kaskus, for being the clear winner in the public relations war.

Also, much respect for your general war ability as well. When two small alliances can hold out for so long (no matter how long that is) against one PB alliance to the point where that PB alliance has to call in the entire block, THAT is impressive.

I'm not sure why people think that when one is already facing a massive curb stomp and holding out that inviting more people into the curb stomp will quickly end the matter, but apparently they do. The disconnect I see in the above comments are amazing.

Edited by White Chocolate

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1334498244' post='2953737']
I'm not sure why people think that when one is already facing a massive curb stomp and holding out that inviting more people into the curb stomp will quickly end the matter, but apparently they do. The disconnect I see in the above comments are amazing.
[/quote]
It worked so well for NPO and FAN :rolleyes:

If the rest of PB really wanted to see an end to this conflict they would have put pressure on GOONS to agree to white peace. I can only conclude that their real aim was to provide the rest of us with another reason to lol at GOONS. I thank you for your efforts.

No alliance in the whole world has done anything of much consequence in the last month, so that's a pretty silly question to ask. (And no, GOONS, your starting of this, albeit amusing, little war is not going to count as significant once it's over.) We've taken part in the only major war since our reformation, and in our previous incarnation took part in every one except the Unjust War and GW2. Plus, as Nutkase said, lots of our members are from the Ninjas half of the merge, and Ninjas were famously men of action – too much for their own good at times. Frankly, WC, you are talking rubbish.

And being in NSO, you should realise the futility of jumping to stick your nose into things at every opportunity – your continual 'action' in every war have eroded your NS to the extent that you no longer have any weight to throw about. As it stands you have around two thirds of our strength, and our membership is pretty small these days. If you're really suggesting that people can't comment on this issue without throwing themselves into the meatgrinder of PB and Doomhouse, you're an idiot.

[quote]"In Soviet GOONion, micro roll you"[/quote]
Well played, sir.

[quote]We didn't declare war on Kaskus[/quote]
You declared on their MDP partner, so while you're technically true, you certainly forced them into the war, and it's hard to believe that that wasn't your intention.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1334507254' post='2953769']
No alliance in the whole world has done anything of much consequence in the last month, so that's a pretty silly question to ask. (And no, GOONS, your starting of this, albeit amusing, little war is not going to count as significant once it's over.) We've taken part in the only major war since our reformation, and in our previous incarnation took part in every one except the Unjust War and GW2. Plus, as Nutkase said, lots of our members are from the Ninjas half of the merge, and Ninjas were famously men of action – too much for their own good at times. Frankly, WC, you are talking rubbish.

And being in NSO, you should realise the futility of jumping to stick your nose into things at every opportunity – your continual 'action' in every war have eroded your NS to the extent that you no longer have any weight to throw about. As it stands you have around two thirds of our strength, and our membership is pretty small these days. If you're really suggesting that people can't comment on this issue without throwing themselves into the meatgrinder of PB and Doomhouse, you're an idiot.
[/quote]
Did you miss the part where it was your member who said Gre had been doing all sorts of exciting things in the last month? You have participated in wars on your treaty partners behalf, yes, nothing off your own bat. Your statements about GCW sum up your whole alliance perfectly. "Well we [i]would[/i] have done...."

As for us, we are willing to put what we have on the line to pursue our objectives. We may not be hugely powerful these days, however that does not change our resolve. Conversely, Gre has always had huge power in terms of individual nations, yet no gumption to put it to use. As for me telling you to attack PB/DH, show me a quote where I said that Bobby J.

And some people are willing to shed some NS for an ally. Why does this seem like a foreign concept? It's not like GOONS force PB to join. PB willingly joined. GOONS didn't hold a gun to our head.
[/quote]
NPO didn't hold a gun to the hegemonic bloc of the day's head to help roll FAN and "force them to a faster surrender", how many of those allies stayed loyal to Pacifica when their time to get their teeth kicked in again?