a Kaskus Declaration

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1334465121' post='2953617']
For defending themselves.
[/quote]

That is ridiculous.

GOONS has no justification to ask any reps from us. If we really had offended GOONS by aiding the raid victim, the punishment for that offense should be enough already by waging alliance wars on us for more than one month.

Besides, let us say that they attacked because we won't pay the 18M. Now we have "learned our lesson" and we are willing to pay the 18M they wanted us to pay. How come the reps figure become 10 times the original amount.

Do not tell me, you want us to pay GOONS for the damage caused by the aggression they started and due to their incompetent military.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='suryanto tan' timestamp='1334465342' post='2953619']
That is ridiculous.

GOONS has no justification to ask any reps from us. If we really had offended GOONS by aiding the raid victim, the punishment for that offense should be enough already by waging alliance wars on us for more than one month.

Besides, let us say that they attacked because we won't pay the 18M. Now we have "learned our lesson" and we are willing to pay the 18M they wanted us to pay. How come the reps figure become 10 times the original amount.

Do not tell me, you want us to pay GOONS for the damage caused by the aggression they started and due to their incompetent military.
[/quote]
It is a matter of public knowledge that we hold this policy, that you appear to be ignorant or defiant of it is really not my problem.

Punitive reps are a part of war, and even had you not entered, high reps on mongols would be justified.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1334466506' post='2953628']
It is a matter of public knowledge that we hold this policy, that you appear to be ignorant or defiant of it is really not my problem.

Punitive reps are a part of war, and even had you not entered, high reps on mongols would be justified.
[/quote]

for aiding our tech seller and the tech seller of your bloc partners by the way- you had the first act of aggression- 3 on 1 raid- then declaring war on mongols

edit changed a word

Edited by death from above 82

[quote name='death from above 82' timestamp='1334468738' post='2953649']
for aiding our tech seller and the tech seller of your bloc partners by the way- you had the first act of aggression- 3 on 1 raid- then declaring war on mongols

edit changed a word
[/quote]
But that's the beauty of our policy, the reason for the attack on GOONS is irrelevant.

Edited by Sardonic

It is a matter of public knowledge that we hold this policy[i][b], and becoming a matter of public knowledge that we can't enforce it ourselves[/b][/i], that you appear to be ignorant or defiant of it is really not my problem, [i][b]it's the rest of PB's[/b][/i].
[/quote]

There you go, that makes more sense now.

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1334465516' post='2953620']
That also sounds very Pacifican.
[/quote]

I love it when Pacifica is regarded as an epitome of things that we have no involvement in whatsoever.
I think its time you look around and change that broken record, chap.

[quote name='Dr William Westcher' timestamp='1334506012' post='2953762']
True, but weren't they declaring in support of their' ally Mongols? Much like PB declared in support of GOONS?
[/quote]
Doesn't matter, an attack on GOONS is an attack on GOONS.

[/quote]
Justified by what, exactly? Might makes right? You seem like the type of guy who hits someone, then when hit back, they hold their nose, utterly shocked that someone hit them back. If you're gonna be a raider, at least take notes from past raiders. Handle !@#$ on your own.

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1334480700' post='2953682']
I love it when Pacifica is regarded as an epitome of things that we have no involvement in whatsoever.
[/quote]
Don't take it wrong. It's just a comparison to the way they are acting (right now, not as a whole), as compared to Pacifica at their height of their hegemony.

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1334534810' post='2953970']
Justified by what, exactly? Might makes right? You seem like the type of guy who hits someone, then when hit back, they hold their nose, utterly shocked that someone hit them back. If you're gonna be a raider, at least take notes from past raiders. Handle !@#$ on your own.
[/quote]

Didn't you hear Sardonic? It doesn't matter! You see an attack on GOONS is an attack on GOONS... that VE and others will clean up for them. They are the victims here. Like any damsel in distress, they have knights in shiny green armor to save them.

Justified by what, exactly? Might makes right? You seem like the type of guy who hits someone, then when hit back, they [s]hold their nose[/s] cry a lot, utterly shocked that someone hit them back. If you're gonna be a raider, at least take notes from past raiders. Handle !@#$ on your own.
[/quote]

I mean really.

Don't take it wrong. It's just a comparison to the way they are acting (right now, not as a whole), as compared to Pacifica at their height of their hegemony.
[/quote]

Heck Starfox101, you of all people should remember how the FoA incident went down for GOONS

[/quote]

In spite of all the raiding I have done in my career, alliances like GOONS still manage to convince me raiding, on the whole, is something which makes the world here a worse place. If my alliance ever tried to bail me out because of a raid I botched or my raid target got aided I would have raised hell, let alone declare an alliance war as a result (!).

Just to be clear on what happened here:

-GOONS raided a tech seller/friend of Mongols
-Mongols aided the raided nation
-GOONS demanded 18M reps due to the damages their tech raiders sustained
-Mongols refused
-GOONS declared an alliance war against Mongols
-Kaskus defended them via treaty
-GOONS demands large reps from both Mongols/Kaskus
-both refuse
-GOONS (a previously sanctioned alliance) realized it is losing the war against two micros
-GOONS calls in all of Pandora's Box officially

Am I missing something here?

[quote name='enderland' timestamp='1334581741' post='2954239']
In spite of all the raiding I have done in my career, alliances like GOONS still manage to convince me raiding, on the whole, is something which makes the world here a worse place. If my alliance ever tried to bail me out because of a raid I botched or my raid target got aided I would have raised hell, let alone declare an alliance war as a result (!).

Just to be clear on what happened here:

-GOONS raided a tech seller/friend of Mongols
-Mongols aided the raided nation
-GOONS demanded 18M reps due to the damages their tech raiders sustained
-Mongols refused
-GOONS declared an alliance war against Mongols
-Kaskus defended them via treaty
-GOONS demands large reps from both Mongols/Kaskus
-both refuse
-GOONS (a previously sanctioned alliance) realized it is losing the war against two micros
-GOONS calls in all of Pandora's Box officially

Am I missing something here?
[/quote]

Just the part where Bob pees itself laughing.

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1334480700' post='2953682']
[/quote]
Pacifica is what you compare things to. Former rulers to the current ones. These comparisons happen everyday [OOC] in real life [/OOC].

[quote name='enderland' timestamp='1334581741' post='2954239']
[/quote]
Just this part. We weren't losing, we were holding our own. And we didn't lose sanction because of them, we would have lost it regardless of the war due NpO's growth. Though the war sped up the process a bit, admittedly. PB was called to expedite the process, not turn a losing war into a winning one.

[quote name='Dr William Westcher' timestamp='1334582278' post='2954245']
[/quote]
Your part of Bob anyway. I guess that would explain all the piss stains and the smell.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Dr William Westcher' timestamp='1334582278' post='2954245']
[/quote]when the list of chronological events pertaining to this war was created I think it was assumed that everyone(minus PB) was already doing this already so there was no need of including it.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1334596302' post='2954311']
We weren't losing, we were holding our own.[/quote]

If that's the best thing you can say about a self-induced war against two micros, there is more wrong with GOONS than I thought.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1334596302' post='2954311']
Just this part. We weren't losing, we were holding our own. And we didn't lose sanction because of them, we would have lost it regardless of the war due NpO's growth.
[/quote]

!@#$%^&*. First of all, Polaris still isn't sanctioned. Secondly you guys were unable to even stagger the prominent members/best fighters/government of Kaskus/Mongols, in fact only one nation was properly staggered throughout the entire conflict. Thirdly, you couldn't even manage the 1/3rd the number of wars against Mongols/Kaskus (despite having 4 times the number of members) as they managed against you, and don't give me any !@#$%^&* about not being in range because they were able to declare on you. And you had 4 times the number of nations in anarchy than Mongols/Kaskus right before PB was called in.

By no stretch of the imagination was GOONS holding their own.

By your own admission you don't "do" war/IA, so please don't start acting like you know what you're talking about.

Edited by Unknown Smurf