a Kaskus Declaration

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1334764948' post='2955344']
In this particular case, I'm going to have to insist the involved parties are the only ones who pay.

It's not a huge amount, so this should prove no problem. We will not give in.
[/quote]

This is really great.

A solution is offered to get your carcasses out and now you're pretending like you have any principles at all after involving your allies in on a target whom you decided to play "the bad cop," routine on and couldn't back it up.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Courland' timestamp='1334735320' post='2955258']
[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/125miif.gif[/IMG]

But maybe things will change...
[/quote]
Yeah, whoops guess I'm wrong.

Let me rephrase then - personally, I wouldn't have a problem with someone else coughing up the reparations.

In this particular case, I'm going to have to insist the involved parties are the only ones who pay.

It's not a huge amount, so this should prove no problem. We will not give in.
[/quote]

I'm very pleasantly surprised to read this.

[quote name='death from above 82' timestamp='1334774143' post='2955406']
guys if it comes to paying reps we will pay for them ourselves. it was never a question could we pay. it was a question shoud we pay. our stance from the beginning- has been goons have been the aggressor and why should we pay when they started this. we stated we would make a stand against their unjust bullying tactics. i believe we have done that.

edit: changed a word
[/quote]

And this as well.

This resolve by both sides is really what has made this conflict interesting and even worthwhile. It's not about money, it's about principles. Any outsider who would pay reps to the GOONS does not help either the GOONS, Kaskus or the Mongols in settling this dispute over who is right or wrong here.

It's really a great example of how might does not always make right.

It's not a huge amount, so this should prove no problem. [b]We will not give in.[/b]
[/quote]
Already did when you called in PB.

Look at you, acting all tough when in reality you should be humiliated. Perhaps that's another issue here, your pride is hurt and you want a victory, and reps to prove it.

[quote name='dunhill2071' timestamp='1334788783' post='2955468']
They can easily pay it, it'll take 34 nations 5 slots *this is not counting FAC and DRA which most of them have... and their chests clearly have the dough...
[/quote]
That's not the point. When someone attacks you, and brings all their friends to attack you, you don't pay them to stop.

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1334800167' post='2955562']
Already did when you called in PB.

Look at you, acting all tough when in reality you should be humiliated.
[/quote]
Oh I'm sorry, am I not acting in accordance with your beliefs on the honorable behavior of alliances on planet Bob? I will have to make note of this, hrm, yase indeed.

*writes out a memo with a single line: BE MORE HONORABLE*

*thinks for a second*

*crumples memo into little ball, throws it at the TRASH CAN across the room*

[quote]
Perhaps that's another issue here, your pride is hurt and you want a victory, and reps to prove it.
[/quote]
Feelins'? Look mate, you know who has a lot of feelings? Blokes what bludgeon their wife to death with a golf trophy. Professionals have standards, and when our polices call for demanding reps, we do so.
[quote]
That's not the point. When someone attacks you, and brings all their friends to attack you, you don't pay them to stop.
[/quote]
Sure you do, that's how it works around here for many alliances, as it has in the past, in case you've forgotten. Perhaps your long cryogenesis has caused grey mater decay? If so, my condolences.

Edited by Sardonic

We will not give in.
[/quote]
Has it occurred to you that you're not really dragging down Kaskus/Mongols at all? The real damage you're inflicting is on your allies who look totally ridiculous supporting you.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1334808822' post='2955628']
Oh I'm sorry, am I not acting in accordance with your beliefs on the honorable behavior of alliances on planet Bob? I will have to make note of this, hrm, yase indeed.

*writes out a memo with a single line: BE MORE HONORABLE*

*thinks for a second*

*crumples memo into little ball, throws it at the TRASH CAN across the room*

Feelins'? Look mate, you know who has a lot of feelings? Blokes what bludgeon their wife to death with a golf trophy. Professionals have standards, and when our polices call for demanding reps, we do so.

Sure you do, that's how it works around here for many alliances, as it has in the past, in case you've forgotten. Perhaps your long cryogenesis has caused grey mater decay? If so, my condolences.
[/quote]
It'll come to bite you in the ass one day. The party is good right now, but when you get smashed, you'll be searching through a dumpster for that memo.

If everyone kills someone does that make it okay? Apparently you guys are massive followers. Justifying your actions with "everyone else does it" has never worked, anywhere.

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1334890383' post='2956009']
It'll come to bite you in the ass one day. The party is good right now, but when you get smashed, you'll be searching through a dumpster for that memo.

If everyone kills someone does that make it okay? Apparently you guys are massive followers. Justifying your actions with "everyone else does it" has never worked, anywhere.
[/quote]

Someone doesn't study anthropology at all.......

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1334890383' post='2956009']

[/quote]
I carry within me the accumulated knowledge of two dead GOONSes. One terrestrial, one lunar. I have learned much from the failures and victories of both. Don't patronize me, I know what I'm doing, as does GOONS. If we are to perish, it won't be for a lack of honor.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1334897999' post='2956060']
I carry within me the accumulated knowledge of two dead GOONSes. One terrestrial, one lunar. I have learned much from the failures and victories of both. Don't patronize me, I know what I'm doing, as does GOONS. If we are to perish, it won't be for a lack of honor.
[/quote]

NUKE SARD our fearless Pilot! :wub:

[/quote]

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/99fl3k.jpg[/IMG]

I did not realize before...

[/quote]

Lack of class though, that's a possibility.

[/quote]
Yes, that is right.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1334922777' post='2956117']
Wizard needs reps badly.
[/quote]

Will you be able to fit them in that corrupted vessel of yours? With the accumulated mysteries of the lunar ancients, how can you possibly have room? :awesome:

Edited by Courland

[quote name='Tick1' timestamp='1334896976' post='2956052']
Someone doesn't study anthropology at all.......
[/quote]
Well played sir.

[/quote]
Experience elsewhere does not matter.

From my chair, it's looking like a circus.

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1334923484' post='2956119']
We are still beating this dead horse...? C'mon folks...
[/quote]
Don't read it? Obviously, there's apparently much more interesting things going on.

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1334978482' post='2956366']
Experience elsewhere does not matter.
[/quote]
That's a laughable assertion, especially given that the first place was here. Regardless, I'm not surprised things look like a circus to you, you've done nothing but clown around since you got back.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1334981834' post='2956401']
That's a laughable assertion, especially given that the first place was here. Regardless, I'm not surprised things look like a circus to you, you've done nothing but clown around since you got back.
[/quote]
You're only saying that because I've railed against your policies since I've come back.

No two places are the same, so it's unwise to claim experience from other places to cement yourself as a knowledgeable leader here.

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1334982219' post='2956405']
You're only saying that because I've railed against your policies since I've come back.

No two places are the same, so it's unwise to claim experience from other places to cement yourself as a knowledgeable leader here.
[/quote]
Well there is also the fact that I've been in this GOONS government for going on three years now.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1334982616' post='2956411']
Well there is also the fact that I've been in this GOONS government for going on three years now.
[/quote]

So age of running an alliance determines the qualifications of being a good leader? So, does this make Xiphosis a 'GOD'?