FARK/FAN vs NPO up to date

Brehon

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Vanilla Napalm' timestamp='1326861765' post='2901992']
It's sad that people seem to forget that [url="http://z15.invisionfree.com/Cyber_Nations/index.php?showtopic=72559&st=0"]the proper way to treat FARK[/url] was figured out years ago.
[/quote]

Holy bajeebus, those terms. :o Early CN was truly a much more violent...yet interesting place.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1326851241' post='2901876']
So, we've got Doitzel and Schattenman, two people who prioritize the attainment of attention above all else, bleating about this affair... and some of you are actually allowing them to get you riled up?

Nobody cares what those two think. Leave them to wither.

Absolutely. That said, it doesn't approach the stupidity of Polar's arguments to us as to why they "deserve" white peace in this war.
[/quote]
Would love to see an elaboration on that last bit.

It's sad that people seem to forget that [url="http://z15.invisionfree.com/Cyber_Nations/index.php?showtopic=72559&st=0"]the proper way to treat FARK[/url] was figured out years ago.
[/quote]
Whoa, that's harsh. Interesting to see the :(( GOONS :(( meme was around then though.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1326851241' post='2901876']
Absolutely. That said, it doesn't approach the stupidity of Polar's arguments to us as to why they "deserve" white peace in this war.
[/quote]

There is no ''deserve'' in the argument. I know extortion is your favourite word but it doesn't mean we need to be party to it.

DoWs posted by Polaris on TOP = nil. You want to come calling after two years, feel free, but don't expect us to pay for the privelge of your company.

DoWs posted by Polaris on C&G = nil. You declared, you lost, you paid. As much as anyone can be accountable for your actions, you should try doing so.

Reps charged by Polaris to TOP = nil I declared, you lost, you paid nothing.

You got your tech in SPW when again you attacked us for essentially calling you nasty names, most of which were 100% true, you should have enjoyed it while you held it. They say a fool and his tech are soon parted.

I am interested as to how you justify the sums demanded even to yourselves. I am also intrigued as to how you consider yourself socially superior to anyone.

On topic, FARK and FAN have a decision to make. I am sure they are perfectly capable of making it unaided by the OWF peanut gallery.

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1326862559' post='2902002']
Holy bajeebus, those terms. :o Early CN was truly a much more violent...yet interesting place.
[/quote]
It's amazing how lenient we've gotten. And yet, for some people, it's still not lenient enough.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisfffL9.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Princess Doomee' timestamp='1326855633' post='2901924']
I'm ZI, look me up. :lol1:
[/quote]
sweet, you're in my range, I'll hit you up one of these days, kinda busy with RL stuff but I'll get to you dont worry. better yet, hit ME up and we can start the dance.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1326870295' post='2902049']
LOL, Fark. Yes, b/c DoS are always grounds for DoWs! :wacko:
[/quote]
I don't see why a DoS wouldn't be grounds for a DoW, as its clearly pitting them on one side. If someone doesn't want to get pulled into a war before they post their DoW, then don't post a DoS letting everyone know what you plan to do ahead of time. If Fark or FAN want peace anytime soon, they might as well accept the terms as far as I'm concerned. If they don't mind continuing fighting longer and don't plan to complain when that happens if they don't accept these terms before the deadline, then that's their business and I see nothing wrong with it, as I haven't seen FAN or Fark complain about the war despite them being at a disadvantage militarily.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1326864566' post='2902013']
You got your tech in SPW when again you attacked us for essentially calling you nasty names...
[/quote]
That there was more to the justification than that notwithstanding:
Claiming that punishment for moral and behavioural conduct is a legitimate CB? What sort of person would consider that legitimate? :rolleyes:

Dumb of Brehon to even offer a good sportsmanship white peace rather than a surrender, but even more incomprehensible of Fark to let FAN's Never Surrender mentality get in the way of white surrender. It's been, what, 21 days since they could have had peace?

What a waste of NS, technology, nations, political capital, allies' NS and nations, time, and morale.

EDIT: And if I ever lead an alliance again and am on the winning side of a war offering peace terms, this really makes me want to just do it as a closed roleplay on the forums. First of all, I know my terms won't be ludicrous because I'm a nice guy. It'll give the world a chance to see what idiots I have to deal with, and more importantly it will mean that you don't have to wait two weeks between IRC meetings because you need a dozen parties to get online at the same time. But that aside is unrelated to the idiocy in not accepting a perfectly good surrender in a lost war.

Edited by JoshuaR

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1326867481' post='2902034']
(The joke is that they didn't get any).
[/quote]

Im sure Polaris and its fine spongy leader would have eventually extended the lenient terms they wanted \m/ to take, and turn GOONS into an eternal tech green acres.

I mean cmon they werent/arent heartless and cold two faced lying !@#$%^&* like you think.....they are kind and moral and forgiving just like they have always preached right?.....RIGHT?!?!?? :rolleyes:

This looks to be turning into about the same sort of classy situation, I hope all parties here get things untangled

Edited by chefjoe

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1326857679' post='2901946']
And which people would that be? The only people who have set NPO up for Karma re-runs are now happy owners of a brand new Pacifican treaty web link.

Also brilliant. The only people who have spent the past two years whining about the tricky not-changed NPO are allied to them now.
[/quote]

Where the hell do you get your information from? There was a concerted effort during the Supergrievances era to keep NPO isolated by various alliances. Some were on the Polar side of this. I mean, I'm certain even NPO knew about it.

Care to enlighten me as to why anyone should have given NPO the benefit of the doubt to begin with? Given the last time NPO had lost a war, they hunted down their enemies like animals, when those enemies(GATO/Legion) had given up all hopes of opposition and were even trying to cozy up to the power structure. It was NPO's task to alleviate people of those concerns. They failed to do so. Why would anyone trust a Moo-Cows appointee?

I don't think IAA wanted their bloc partners to be MDoaPed to NPO either.

Ironically DH itself never really had to do anything with regards to isolating NPO because none of our treaty partners wanted anything to do with them.

I'm surprised Charles let your bogus claim go uncontested as he was very much aware of a variety of alliances not wanting to be tied to NPO even indirectly.

Edited by Roquentin

It was never PB/DH keeping NPO down at all. Two alliances didn't mind being indirectly tied to NPO: NpO and STA. So the attitude from our cluster going into VE-NpO was "well, they both suck, and will have to roll together, so when one of them gets attacked, it should make for a nice Order beat down." NPO not entering was always implausible to anyone with any sense given the imminent involvement of most of their allies.

The funny thing about NPO hating Legion for GW1 was that UjP went in and took the flak for following through on Dilber's "roll Legion" idea with Valhalla when #goonrush's topic was "we signed an MADP with Valhalla but think they are insert homosexual slur here. don't tell anyone tia." So then Legion wanted revenge on UjP and sided with the Orders.

Background on NPO hating Legion
[quote]The NpO's use of a nuclear missile as a first strike of the LUEnited Nations on 14 July, coupled with the NPO's declaration of war, troubled many within the Legion. Although honor-bound to help the NPO as alliances who had no diplomatic relations with LUE joined their "CoaLUEtion" against the NPO, the Legion saw The Great War as an act of NPO aggression as a result of an out-of-character action, and sought to remain neutral. Legion diplomats sought to assure neutrality when as many as 16 alliances launched counterattacks and assaults on the NPO.

Meanwhile, two members of the NPO War Council—King Justin and Moo-Cows—expressed their disapproval of the Legion's neutrality in NPO's private council forums. In there, they voiced what appeared as intent to lead an NPO attack on the Legion after the completion of their war against the CoaLUEtion. This conversation would have likely remain under lock and key had it not been for the NPO's discovery and subsequent 21 July announcement unveiling The Coven, a small group of high-ranking alliance members who shared secrets with one another.

NPO Alliance Council member Nosey, who was present when Justin and Moo discussed their displeasure at the Legion's neutrality, was expelled from the NPO when revealed to be a member of The Coven. Logs of the meeting were delivered to the Coven, who then relayed them to Legion leaders. King Justin resigned immediately afterwards in an effort to diffuse the situation between the factions. Many NPO members claim that Legion leadership took the logs out of context and conveniently omitted objections from other NPO leaders, including Emperor Ivan Moldavi stating "absolutely not" to any possible war. Since the Emperor has the ultimate authority to block any declaration of war and clearly would not have allowed a war between the NPO and the Legion, NPO members argue, the NPO did not pose a clear and present danger to the Legion's security, thus invalidating the Legion's casus belli.
[/quote]

edit: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=1078 Also.

Oh right, have to give a conclusion: so the grudge ended with an attempted insurrection on Valhalla by Lord Swampy. NPO backed a possible war on the basis of GWI since JB had argued they were just doing it for Valhalla, so Bakunin, Zhadum, and Moo I think said they had their own score to settle. Legion did the disbandment thing and then took Zhadum as a viceroy.

Edited by Roquentin

[/quote]

That treaty has been null and void for ages as THOSE GOONS quit and we now have the new nicer GOONS in CN. :lol1:

[quote name='Princess Doomee' timestamp='1326894478' post='2902109']
That treaty has been null and void for ages as THOSE GOONS quit and we now have the new nicer GOONS in CN. :lol1:
[/quote]
Thank you for confirming that we're a different GOONs than those of past. Someone should do a direct side-by-side on terms for Fark then and now.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeriswutL1.jpg[/img]

Oh right, I should also clarify the reason NPO/NpO didn't really work as a coalition was Polar's refusal to involve anyone outside of their own allies in their coalition channel. I think TCK said something along the lines of "If Random wants a coalition war, he has to bring us in."

In conclusion, SF and Chimaera did more to hold NPO down than anyone else.

If you were being sarcastic, Schatt, I apologize.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1326866933' post='2902032']
Remind me next time to use sarcasm tags.
[/quote]
I, too, often fall victim to this mistake :P

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1326876914' post='2902068']
I'm surprised Charles let your bogus claim go uncontested as he was very much aware of a variety of alliances not wanting to be tied to NPO even indirectly.
[/quote]
And despite your elaborate overreaction to my withering spite, there they are: tied to NPO. People do what they want to do. They are now tied to NPO, if the don't want it, they'll cut the ties, but it's been several months, and they have not. But the idea that the detractors in this thread (me and Doitzel) are trying to "set NPO up for Karma 4.0" is--nothing personal, Seerow--retarded. Cult of Justitia has spent more time allied and cooperating with NPO post-Karma than any alliance except Invicta. The hyperbole from Charles and Seerow was dumb. Your disregard for the many, many attempts by alliances both in DH and PB to lure NPO into war during Cortath's administration when you say that "It was never PB/DH keeping NPO down at all," is also dumb. [b]You [/b]attacked NPO, not Supergrievances.
The very fact that the only serious replies in this thread are by Doitzel and I demonstrate the very opposite of your argument; there's nothing that says "welcome to our web" like a lock-step o/ army.

Edited by Schattenmann