FARK/FAN vs NPO up to date

Brehon

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1326898206' post='2902125']
I, too, often fall victim to this mistake :P

And despite your elaborate overreaction to my wuthering spite, there they are: tied to NPO. People do what they want to do. They are now tied to NPO, if the don't want it, they'll cut the ties, but it's been several months, and they have not. But the idea that the detractors in this thread (me and Doitzel) are trying to "set NPO up for Karma 4.0" is--nothing personal, Seerow--retarded. Cult of Justitia has spent more time allied and cooperating with NPO post-Karma than any alliance except Invicta. The hyperbole from Charles and Seerow was dumb. Your disregard for the many, many attempts by alliances both in DH and PB to lure NPO into war during Cortath's administration when you say that "It was never PB/DH keeping NPO down at all," is also dumb.
The very fact that the only serious replies in this thread are by Doitzel and I demonstrate the very opposite of your argument; there's nothing that says "welcome to our web" like a lock-step o/ army.
[/quote]

Oh, if that's your issue, that's fine. The red issue was mostly that NPO was trying to enforce an archaic institution and people like to raid. So when GOONS were told to stop, what did you think would happen? Keep in mind opposition to Polaris came from the same source. I assume the reason NPO is acceptable now to them is because they have dropped all pretenses of criticizing behavior they might have in the past and have adopted a hardline anti-Polaris stance, and Polaris is the NPO of 2010/2011.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1326829587' post='2901601']
story
[/quote]

Had you insisted on the original terms (minus silly apologies) no one would have faulted you and, Fan and Fark would have come out looking dickish.

Once lighter terms were offered it its ridiculous to retract them and then come here and !@#$%* about FAN/FARK not accepting.

Mary should have gotten a clue, seen the light of what you had done, and gone with it instead of taking a dump on it.

Given how it worked out i see this more as your and Mary's (more hers) $%&@ up rather than the silly intransigence on the part of FAN/FARK that you try to paint.

P.S. trying to give split peace to FAN (out of what you claim guilty) was also silly.

P.S.S. overall though i completely empathize with your mentality on the idea of a new leaf and will consider NPO changed once someone like you is in charge.

Edited by King Chill I

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1326897278' post='2902121']
Thank you for confirming that we're a different GOONs than those of past. Someone should do a direct side-by-side on terms for Fark then and now.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeriswutL1.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

No no no! I was just quoting what I've been hearing for quite a long time. I am not confirming or denying anything.

FARK, look at the big picture. NPO is not your enemy. NPO does not want you destroyed. You are in this position on your own doing. Our real enemy is laughing at us. Accept the term as it stand (which is only asking you to admit what is already obvious to everyone) so we can all go on our business of rebuilding and preparing for the next war which hopefully would pit us with our true adversary. Decline the term and you will turn NPO to a true enemy for dragging this war further than it needs to be.

[quote name='Daimos' timestamp='1326899917' post='2902131']
FARK, look at the big picture. NPO is not your enemy. NPO does not want you destroyed. You are in this position on your own doing. Our real enemy is laughing at us. Accept the term as it stand (which is only asking you to admit what is already obvious to everyone) so we can all go on our business of rebuilding and preparing for the next war which hopefully would pit us with our true adversary. Decline the term and you will turn NPO to a true enemy for dragging this war further than it needs to be.
[/quote]

Who is your real enemy?

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1326899956' post='2902132']
Who is your real enemy?
[/quote]

I bet you [i]think[/i] you know ;)

But really. Just know that this war particularly FARK and NPO are wasting their time and pixels on each other but if FARK decides to stop playing and this is how they want to go down (a meaningless war with an alliance that got no beef with them) then so be it.

Edited by Daimos

[quote name='Princess Doomee' timestamp='1326903333' post='2902157']
The suspense is killing me!!! No wait, its the nukes that are killing me. :lol1:
[/quote]

I enjoyed this post a lot.

The only real enemy all of us have in common is time and stagnation - this is proven to kill alliances time and time again.

Anyone see what I did there? hah.

Actually, I was surprised IAA didn't cancel Polar over Legion. They should have and we could have avoided a lot of headaches. RoK too.

Van Hoo told me he would have done it if he had been in charge. I guess Taut was just really bad.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Daimos' timestamp='1326899917' post='2902131']
[/quote]
Sums it up, really. so we can move onto the next cluster$%&@ of a war..if we get that far

Excellent work Brehon, with this log dump you've essentially made it so that Fark can now refuse to admit defeat and keep you locked in a war for as long as they want, should you decide to drop the admission of defeat it'll look weak-willed on your part and it'll be apparent that you were struggling to keep them at war. Congratulations on your Pyrrhic victory.

Honestly if you wanted to levy reps on them you should've just done it instead of dumping logs to try and gather enough public support to get away with it and avoid a public backlash.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1326918762' post='2902287']
Excellent work Brehon, with this log dump you've essentially made it so that Fark can now refuse to admit defeat and keep you locked in a war for as long as they want, should you decide to drop the admission of defeat it'll look weak-willed on your part and it'll be apparent that you were struggling to keep them at war. Congratulations on your Pyrrhic victory.

Honestly if you wanted to levy reps on them you should've just done it instead of dumping logs to try and gather enough public support to get away with it and avoid a public backlash.
[/quote]

Hey someone gets it!

[quote name='Princess Doomee' timestamp='1326852990' post='2901894']
The only question I have which will never be answered was whether all your negotiations were just an NPO sponsored sham or if you did negotiate in earnest only to have your leader make you look the fool and believe me, after all those negotiations, to come back to us and say oops, Mary said I misunderstood her sorry I wasted your time. WOW!
[/quote]

Or perhaps there was a Misunderstanding... But hey! Who could possibly believe something so blatantly possible and plausible?? Everyone knows we Pacificans are error-less androids driven by Bilrow, so of COURSE a misunderstanding is a logical impossibility...

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1326922073' post='2902334']
I still agree with your position, but dumping logs is fairly low class. You didn't really need to post again, public opinion was mostly behind you after the first thread anyway.
[/quote]

Wait low class? Of all the crap that is pulled, all the underhanded bs this world is famous for, giving out logs is low class? No being afraid of the truth (even when you are wrong) is low class. If it is low class, than it is equal to every action I have seen on this forum in all these years.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1326922073' post='2902334']
I still agree with your position, but dumping logs is fairly low class. You didn't really need to post again, public opinion was mostly behind you after the first thread anyway.
[/quote]

Low Class? Maybe. More Entertaining? Yes

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1326925535' post='2902389']
I have a 1000 word 3 act play about Lumberjack romance in the Zombie Apocalypse I can lend you... now [url="http://youtu.be/FsqJFIJ5lLs"]THATS[/url] classless entertainment!!!
[/quote]

Should have put me in your play and GOONS would have accepted it. Probably have to do it in a funnily painful/sexual compromising position.