FARK/FAN vs NPO up to date

Brehon

Doitzel I know you want to live in a vacuum and really you can keep on keeping on. Notice I said FARK and FAN, which you have not illustrated in the log, the quote or at all because wait for it... they didn't accept it. Saying that I need to talk with FARK made that very clear. And yet this ended up being moot because of my screw up in misunderstanding Mary.

I know its convenient and diplomatically "cool" to have a myopic view, particularly considering you are on the opposing side, but thank you for proving you are refusing to actually read and comprehend.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really do enjoy the continued spin, trying to make NPO look evil for the incredibly easy peace offered, even if one marginally easier deal did fall through.

Clearly people are trying to set NPO up for Karma... 4.0 would it be?

Brehon, the reason Doitzel and maybe others as well as I read these logs and see an agreement is because of this:

1. The terms Jack posted here are what [i]you[/i] had given except with "very slight wording modifications".
2. (Last line) You say, "That is fine... if FARK is on the same page, we can pull EVERYONE together and finalize it all."
3. You had offered terms and AGREED to the modifications and later because of you misunderstanding your conversation with Emperor Mary, the offer for peace is pulled.

[quote]
[20:12] <Jack_Tarr[FAN]> Just wanted to touch base on [b]your latest proposal[/b]
01[20:12] <Brehon[NPO]> Yeah?
[20:12] <Jack_Tarr[FAN]> I believe I have enough support to get it done with [b]very slight wording modifications[/b]
01[20:12] <Brehon[NPO]> k... what modifications?
[20:15] <Jack_Tarr[FAN]> We would like it to look like this. Reasning is since the entire fron is closing we do this for one and all:
[20:15] <Jack_Tarr[FAN]> All parties agree to a ceasing of hostilities between one another (this would be a listing of all parties on both sides.
[20:15] <Jack_Tarr[FAN]> FARK and FAN hereby agree to not re-enter the conflict
[20:15] <Jack_Tarr[FAN]> FARK hereby agrees to submit a review of seven stouts of their choice as a peace exchange.
[20:15] <Jack_Tarr[FAN]> FAN hereby agrees to submit a review of seven armaments of their choice as a peace exchange.
[20:15] <Jack_Tarr[FAN]> NPO wishes to make the following statement:
[20:15] <Jack_Tarr[FAN]> FARK wishes to make the following statement:
[20:15] <Jack_Tarr[FAN]> FAN wishes to make the following statement:
[20:15] <Jack_Tarr[FAN]> In the statement part, each can put whatever they want so long as it isn't inflammatory. This would be everyone's ability to give an atta boy or what have you.
[20:16] <Jack_Tarr[FAN]> We have pretty much picked out the guns already...each .gov is picking one...total 7
01[20:16] <Brehon[NPO]> [b]That is fine... if FARK is on the same page, we can pull EVERYONE together and finalize it all.[/b][/quote]
Misunderstanding happen, we do not need to dwell on that and I do not believe Brehon lied.

Listen up. NPO, FARK, FAN and whoever else needs to get back to peace table and iron things out and not nitpick at !@#$ when peace is so close for both sides and an end to old grudges is within reach and a new era for all three parties to co-exist. Please, get back to the peace table and hash out a deal.

Edited by Jaiar

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1326838568' post='2901725']
Concealing what? Our master plan to use an admission of defeat as a stepping stone to world domination? Covering his ass on the mistake he's already admitted to making?

The point is to give insight and accountability on the biggest tragicomedy of this war, and once again explain our position.
[/quote]

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1326839440' post='2901735']
Doitzel I know you want to live in a vacuum and really you can keep on keeping on. Notice I said FARK and FAN, which you have not illustrated in the log, the quote or at all because wait for it... they didn't accept it. Saying that I need to talk with FARK made that very clear. And yet this ended up being moot because of my screw up in misunderstanding Mary.
[/quote]

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1326840169' post='2901751']
Oh I see it, and know it... That is why I said both.. in the last highlight you put there is a very large IF. Which again is moot considering the miscommunication between Mary and I.
[/quote]

Since you're aiming so admirably for transparency here and your entire argument hinges on this miscommunication, why don't you show us the logs between you and Mary that you so disastrously misunderstood?

And if you're going to acknowledge the question is moot then why are you asking it? FAN accepted and prettymuch outright said that Fark had as well and that you'd all be arranging a date to finalise it. When you talked to Fark later they stated point blank that they thought it was a 'done deal'. Placing the blame entirely on Fark for a lack of communication at both ends is rubbish.

[quote name='Doitzel' timestamp='1326840815' post='2901756']
Since you're aiming so admirably for transparency here and your entire argument hinges on this miscommunication, why don't you show us the logs between you and Mary that you so disastrously misunderstood?

And if you're going to acknowledge the question is moot then why are you asking it? FAN accepted and prettymuch outright said that Fark had as well and that you'd all be arranging a date to finalise it. When you talked to Fark later they stated point blank that they thought it was a 'done deal'. Placing the blame entirely on Fark for a lack of communication at both ends is rubbish.
[/quote]
From what I can gather about the miscommunication, it seems that Emperor Mary may have been fine with the proposal but that it would also include the terms she sought in the initial conversation...perhaps that those terms would be included in the statements.

Stop reaching at trying to make Brehon a liar. Whatever the logs say between Emperor Mary and Brehon are not relevant. The fact is that both sides are close to peace.

I urge Fark and FAN and NPO to come to some middle ground. Fark is allies with NPL, but I cannot agree and have never agreed that a pre-empt on Pacifica would do anything to support Polar's cause. Whether it is stated as a mistake in peace terms or not, we all know it was a mistake. Polar continues to burn and will likely have to settle for harsh terms to achieve peace. Where on Planet Bob is this front helping Polar? Whatever the reasoning for this front's opening that reason has failed. Fark, FAN, and NPO just need to agree to peace because whatever it is, the world already knows why peace is even being considered...defeat, surrender, taking your ball and going home, atta boys, slap on the back...whatever, the war is over and wording won't change the true facts and results on this front.

Edited by Jaiar

I could understand this level of belligerence if the war was more or less in a stalemate and FARK/FAN were still in a position to cause severe damage. But honestly, lets call a spade a spade. Both FARK and FAN have been effectively destroyed in this war. I am sure they have the warchests necessary to continue waging an insurgent campaign against the dogpile of Alliances they are at war with, but their hope of even coming close to damaging any of them in a meaningful way is one born of futility rather then practicality. I can't understand the logic behind continued resistance when offered such generous terms. One could say NPO has gone more than halfway to get this peace done.

*EDIT* and it should be noted dragging things out will burn through money better suited to rebuilding, and potentially creating the risk of reparations demands, further reducing reconstruction ability.

Edited by Aeros

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1326841538' post='2901765']

words, words, words
[/quote]

For someone who types an awful lot, you are absolutely invisible in our war.

btw, NPO's terms were more than generous . You've been defeated no matter how you try to reword it FARK. Keep lying to your members in order to try and retain them. You're bleeding them pretty badly.

Edited by Timberland

[quote name='Doitzel' timestamp='1326840815' post='2901756']
[/quote]

I echo this. Show us the logs Brehon.

That having been said, I honestly thought he came across as sincere. I realise he's playing Mr Magnanimous for the OWF, but that doesn't mean everything he's saying is a lie.

Edited by Kalasin

I blame them for not excepting (both of them) considering they jumped, got beat and were given very light terms, look at the whole situation.

The conversation was on Skype because again, RL has been pulling Mary away. This has been heavily edited to snip out crap that simply isn't your business.

[quote]
[1/12/2012 9:46:47 PM] Mary the Fantabulous: Though it was understood that I meant to do whatever was necessary (outside of spying and !@#$, but I knew you wouldn't go for that)to figure out whatever it was they were doing
[1/12/2012 9:47:20 PM] Brehon: Then I screwed up and I apologize
Mary the Fantabulous
[1/12/2012 9:52:39 PM] Brehon: Well then I failed you
[1/12/2012 9:53:07 PM] Mary the Fantabulous: No.
[1/12/2012 9:53:28 PM] Brehon: BTW there is a no re-entry
[1/12/2012 9:53:31 PM] Mary the Fantabulous: When you fail me, I will find another Regent. You misunderstood me.
[1/12/2012 9:53:35 PM] Mary the Fantabulous: Good.
[1/12/2012 9:53:43 PM] Mary the Fantabulous: I should have been clearer.
[1/12/2012 9:53:56 PM] Mary the Fantabulous: Do we have an end date?
[1/12/2012 9:54:04 PM] Mary the Fantabulous: And are we at ceasefire until that date?
[1/12/2012 9:54:26 PM] Brehon: No ceasefire
[1/12/2012 9:54:32 PM] Brehon: They didn't ask, wasn't giving
[1/12/2012 9:59:00 PM] Brehon: I honestly feel a bit slapped in the face and frustrated, but meh, !@#$ happens
[1/12/2012 10:00:32 PM] Brehon: I gotta run, will be back in a short bit boss
[1/12/2012 10:01:12 PM] Mary the Fantabulous: Imagine howit felt to me when it seemed like the person I trusted more than anyone else in the game had gone behind my back.
[1/12/2012 10:01:22 PM] Mary the Fantabulous: I'm incredibly thankful that was not the case
[1/12/2012 10:01:34 PM] Mary the Fantabulous: and was merely a case of miscommunication
[/quote]

There are breaks because there are items mixed in that are not part of this.

[quote name='GulagArchipelago' timestamp='1326843549' post='2901787']
Cut the BS. Just stipulate 50 tech per nation for every day they don't surrender or disbandment. If they don't want a nice fun war, let em have a bad one.
[/quote]

I don't agree with disbandment but reps should be put in to place.

I like you, Brehon. And while we never really worked [i]together[/i], I'm struggling to see what you are trying to achieve here. It may because of the alcohol but anyone who has talked and/or worked with FARK knows they are a pain in the dick/ass/any part of your anatomy you can think of.

[quote name='Timberland' timestamp='1326842398' post='2901775']
For someone who types an awful lot, you are absolutely invisible in our war.

btw, NPO's terms were more than generous . You've been defeated no matter how you try to reword it FARK. Keep lying to your members in order to try and retain them. You're bleeding them pretty badly.
[/quote]
Invisible? I made at least a blip on a radar the first day after I attacked 3 GOONS and was quickly countered by 3 GOONS. 6v1 is no easy task for any nation. I wish I could provide a fight to all six but that is not possible so I will try to focus and raid the one has given me 1mil loot per each of my GAs since I declared on him. Peace mode got old and boring so I came out to have at it with some GOONS and you guys don't disappoint.

I don't think Fark is lying to its members and they are not the only ones that have lost members during this war. All involved in wars lose members be it the winners or the losers. Emperor Mary should realize that since Fark and FAN are considering peace and willing to do reviews that it is an acknowledgement of their defeat. Pacifica has every right to demand whatever peace terms they want, but peace is at hand and wording modifications will not take away their victory. Pacifica should budge and re-present the terms that Brehon took to Fark and FAN because it will at least achieve peace for all and will not alter their victory.

*smiles grudgingly*

Yeah, this was quite a good topic. I think Doitzel's being too harsh to be honest. NPO have been entirely fair in their terms. It is understandable that Fark and FAN would jump on Brehon's mistake for PR but everyone slips up from time to time and I don't think you can fault him for that. It was just a mistake. The original terms were extremely lenient and Fark/FAN should just man up and accept them. I mean for God's sake nobody takes an empty statement made at gunpoint seriously. It's a matter of pride and it's rather stupid.

It amazes me how some just like to pick out one peace of a puzzle and think that piece makes the puzzle. Misunderstanding happens all the time it is just human nature and so do mistakes as if anyone call tell me they are perfect well then it seems your one of the few that are accusing instead of actually reading. It takes a bigger man to admit to a mistake and to own it and claim it and deal with it as is what the case here. And Doitzel that is a point that maybe your AA should take as it seems your posting here is telling the planet why your AA is in the position it is in now, and calling our Regent a liar is by no means helping your cause in the future as anyone whom has dealt with us including Fark/Fan knows if there is one honest person in this game it is Brehon. As for our peace talks regardless of what is said I Agree we have been very lenient right now if it truth be told if we were a democratic AA and vote was taken this thread would not of been here due to the fact Reps and such would of been implemented. Now stating that Brehon is a honest man, one would think that if he is giving a "heads up". Think twice before you turn down any offer.

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1326835999' post='2901682']
It's there until Wednesday.
[/quote]
That's a fair offer for them to accept, it would be foolish of them to let Brehon making a mistake in negotiations turn into a reason for them to drag this out. NPO is being fair in their offer here and we don't need another vietFAN type war over the wording of the peace agreement.

On one hand I can see how some people are trying to get away from "the old days" of harsh reps, disbandment, and viceroys. But this attempted new age of "white peace only" is taking it too far. I'm not fond of the loser deciding the terms. And I don't want to see people caving in to white peace because they feel sorry for the losing alliance (or supporting white peace because they feel sorry for the losing alliance). Rejecting any peace offer but white is getting a little absurd. Especially when what's asked of you is actually quite reasonable.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL9.jpg[/img]