What should my terms for GOD be?

Vladimir Stukov II

[quote name='kingly' timestamp='1323587133' post='2873591']
expanding on what was mentioned earlier, make them write a cyber-nations and twilight crossover fan fiction, for mature audiences :gag:
[/quote]
Are you sure this isn't a threat for what will happen if Stukov doesn't peace out with us shortly. Because I think it is now. I [i]will[/i] write this if you're not at peace with us within thirty days, Stukov. You can save CN from this atrocity if you want to. Thirty days. Ball's in your court.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1323741187' post='2875901']
Are you sure this isn't a threat for what will happen if Stukov doesn't peace out with us shortly. Because I think it is now. I [i]will[/i] write this if you're not at peace with us within thirty days, Stukov. You can save CN from this atrocity if you want to. Thirty days. Ball's in your court.
[/quote]
You have become the monster.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1323634127' post='2874180']
OOC: The OOC swipes here are pathetic.
[/quote]
No, they're not. I'd even regard them as IC, to some extent. Harry Potter is a known theme of their alliance. Didn't they (... jeez ... how am I going to do this ...) migrate to Planet Bob from a HP forum? I'm pretty sure that's the case.

If that's the case, here's a list of things it's no different than:
[list]
[*]Fungicide 2012, going after MK
[*]Criticizing GOONS for acting like they're on SA
[*]Make mocking references to the Dark Side when fighting NSO
[*]Laughing at the people in OP and TOP for being so zealous about someone named "Johan"
[*]Laugh at a bunch of people pretending to be vikings in a bloc
[*]Telling a Protoss-themed alliance to construct more pylons
[/list]
Do any of those things strike you as "pathetic OOC swipes"? We see alliances get poked at for their theme all the time. GOD and their apologists are the only people who have a victim complex pathetic enough to feign offense at this. Pay attention. You're smarter than that, WC.

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1323763377' post='2876355']
No, they're not. I'd even regard them as IC, to some extent. Harry Potter is a known theme of their alliance. Didn't they (... jeez ... how am I going to do this ...) migrate to Planet Bob from a HP forum? I'm pretty sure that's the case.

[list]
[*]Laughing at the people in OP and TOP for being so zealous about someone named "Johan"
[/list]
Do any of those things strike you as "pathetic OOC swipes"? We see alliances get poked at for their theme all the time. GOD and their apologists are the only people who have a victim complex pathetic enough to feign offense at this. Pay attention. You're smarter than that, WC.
[/quote]

I don't believe we have a theme. Someone saw what certain members of our alliance dabble in as a hobby [i]completely seperate from CN.
[/i]

[list]
[/list]
[/quote]

Pretty sure it's a waste of time to point this out, but:

Harry Potter is not a theme of GOD. Our alliance has had far more people come to us from CN (myself included) that any other source. Most of us spend a fair bit of time linking to Imgur on IRC. Does that make Imgur our theme?

To your points:
- They're the Mushroom Kingdom. An IC name. Don't know how you got an OOC attack.
- Fair enough. I'll stick to making fun of their WCs.
- New Sith Order? Yeah, pretty sure that's another IC reference.
- TOP has long "worshiped" Johan, and made reference to him repeatedly in IC forums.
- Valhalla, Ragnarok, and Asgaard? Again with the IC names.
- If they're a Protoss themed alliance, wouldn't that also be IC?

If certain persons feel the need to make Neitzche and religion jokes and such, that's cool. That's IC enough. But Harry Potter has not been at any point the theme of the Global Order of Darkness.

Edited by Aloop

I'd support something like an amount of tech reps payable only by nations with more then 3k tech, a clause that either makes a certain individual of GOD keep a demeaning phrase in his nation bio forever (or a life-time ban for them to be in government) and the forced cancellation of all of GOD's treaties.

Edit: oh, and [OOC]make Xiphosis write an alternate ending to Harry Potter where Voldemort wins.[/OOC]

Edited by memoryproblems

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1323767177' post='2876386']
I'd support something like an amount of tech reps payable only by nations with more then 3k tech, a clause that either makes a certain individual of GOD keep a demeaning phrase in his nation bio forever (or a life-time ban for them to be in government) and the forced cancellation of all of GOD's treaties.

Edit: oh, and [OOC]make Xiphosis write an alternate ending to Harry Potter where Voldemort wins.[/OOC]
[/quote]
It's all to give them a fresh start though, right?

Voldermort winning is such a better ending.

[quote name='Doitzel' timestamp='1323732396' post='2875745']
you know, there's nothing those two hate more than being wrong
[/quote]

^qft, I mean the sheer humiliation of being let go by 3 nations is enough shame. Besides he does what all classic villains do he'll re-attack you with the intent to wipe you out, then do what all heroes do and just own him again. After which the eternal tech farming and everything is completely legit. :awesome:

[list]
[/list]
[/quote]
Disclaimer this post does have OOC elements since it is the only way to articulate the point.

Coming from an HP forum does not make you a HP themed alliance and that is the difference.

Fungicide 2012, the name of the alliance is Mushroom Kingdom, and has a Mario theme Mushroom are fungus last I checked
GOONS, "We're not playing CN we're playing something awful" they bring it in its fair game (granted that is more pertaining to the old GOONS but GOONS + SA has an IC link due to the first incarnation)
NSO made Star Wars IC by using SW in their propaganda/charter and way of RPing
TOP talks about Johan making Johan a part of their CN identity and IC
People pretending to be vikings is how they are RPing making it IC
They are protoss themed again making it an IC thing

GOD does not RP as HP they do not use imagery from HP and they do not make their alliance about HP. Ehere the players behind the characters came from is not IC and is not relevant to the IC personas of the alliance.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1323550613' post='2872820']
well to start off, with it probably shouldn't be something that makes VE want to roll you six ways to Christmas.
[/quote]
Yeah, it would be a shame if Vlad had to write two sets of surrender terms.

Require GOD to rebuild all your lost tech, make Xiph provide 1/3.

But require no time limit, so that way you can !@#$%* at GOD and Xiph's failure to pay up for all time.

"Where's MY TECH! WHERE'S MY TECH!"

Or have secret time limits/quotas so GOD gets randomly raided under a '!@#$%*es Best Have My Money' clause.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1323825174' post='2877086']
I'm just wondering when all these GOD members and allies will begin to realize Xiph isn't exactly the biggest saint when it comes to keep OOC and IC separate.

He is no victim. Stop acting like he is.
[/quote]

two wrongs make a right fallacy.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1323864554' post='2877693']
All of GOD will run out money before Vlad will.
[/quote]

Alright. Well, it's not really a point worth arguing is it? However I think some of you truly believe that GOD would submit themselves to some sort of archaic or humiliating terms just to end this farce. That is laughable. If we go down, then so be it, but we have more resolve than all those alliances we have conquered.

We'll put Valhalla, NEAT and TSC to bed in the current conflict, which Vlad must be hating because it takes the attention off him (a point proven by the existence of this thread), and then we will continue to play this game of Vlad's.

But anyone who wants to take "GOD disbands at the hands of Vlad" as the outcome in this little pool, well, find me on IRC and I'll put some money up against you.

Vladimir, what happened to your awesome airplane? You used to fly around that thing all the time. Now, it just seems like you are always angry. Maybe if someone gets you back that plane you will be happy again

Now, back to the topic at hand.

There are far worse people on bob right now than GOD.

We are going through a significant war that will solidify one's side and make them more powerful than WUT could only dream of.

I ask you, please, help us. Help us fight them. We need people like you.

[quote name='Kevin McDonald' timestamp='1323874528' post='2877788']
Alright. Well, it's not really a point worth arguing is it? However I think some of you truly believe that GOD would submit themselves to some sort of archaic or humiliating terms just to end this farce. That is laughable. If we go down, then so be it, but we have more resolve than all those alliances we have conquered.

We'll put Valhalla, NEAT and TSC to bed in the current conflict, which Vlad must be hating because it takes the attention off him (a point proven by the existence of this thread), and then we will continue to play this game of Vlad's.

But anyone who wants to take "GOD disbands at the hands of Vlad" as the outcome in this little pool, well, find me on IRC and I'll put some money up against you.
[/quote]

Actually I created this thread because the current war has made GOD's pending surrender imminent.