What should my terms for GOD be?

Vladimir Stukov II

[quote name='Kevin McDonald' timestamp='1323874528' post='2877788']
Alright. Well, it's not really a point worth arguing is it? However I think some of you truly believe that GOD would submit themselves to some sort of archaic or humiliating terms just to end this farce. That is laughable. If we go down, then so be it, but we have more resolve than all those alliances we have conquered.

We'll put Valhalla, NEAT and TSC to bed in the current conflict, which Vlad must be hating because it takes the attention off him (a point proven by the existence of this thread), and then we will continue to play this game of Vlad's.

But anyone who wants to take "GOD disbands at the hands of Vlad" as the outcome in this little pool, well, find me on IRC and I'll put some money up against you.
[/quote]

I can pretty much guarantee Vlad will be free to go when this little war is over. You forget that one of the alliances that will be deciding your terms is a PF alliance. While we don't condone what Vlad did (and in fact, to much gnashing of teeth) followed CN protocols in sanctioning him on our color, he is formerly one of our own. I have a real feeling that if he wants to be done playing, we can make that happen during the surrender portion.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1323879118' post='2877831']
I can pretty much guarantee Vlad will be free to go when this little war is over. You forget that one of the alliances that will be deciding your terms is a PF alliance. While we don't condone what Vlad did (and in fact, to much gnashing of teeth) followed CN protocols in sanctioning him on our color, he is formerly one of our own. I have a real feeling that if he wants to be done playing, we can make that happen during the surrender portion.
[/quote]
We are the new Hegemony.

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1323930923' post='2878619']
Make them change their Charter lol
[/quote]
You're trying waaaay too hard to be in the cool kids club man, though considering it's what your entire existence has consisted of its hardly surprising.

Edited by sethb

[quote name='sethb' timestamp='1323931845' post='2878636']
You're trying waaaay too hard to be in the cool kids club man, though considering it's what your entire existence has consisted of its hardly surprising.
[/quote]
You mad bro? Not all of us can be that cool.

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1323922962' post='2878408']
Add up all the tech that Xiph has demanded from wars and make it payable to Vlad. That won't last more than a decade or so, right?
[/quote]

I don't think that'll be a high amount, unless you're differentiating demanded tech from actually acquired tech, even then, it wouldn't be that much.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=57934

Are you counting GOD's karma reps too? That was more of a front thing. CSN-DT, too?

Not trying to nitpick, but reps aren't the best area to look at in terms of GOD grievances.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1324151425' post='2880640']
I don't think that'll be a high amount, unless you're differentiating demanded tech from actually acquired tech, even then, it wouldn't be that much.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=57934

Are you counting GOD's karma reps too? That was more of a front thing. CSN-DT, too?

Not trying to nitpick, but reps aren't the best area to look at in terms of GOD grievances.
[/quote]
Yes, I was talking about all the reps Xiph was included in dealing with.. so CSN-DT included.

And Kevin McDonald, I hope you guys don't accept any reps. ZI'ing your entire AA would be much more fun.

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1324174188' post='2880822']
Yes, I was talking about all the reps Xiph was included in dealing with.. so CSN-DT included.
And Kevin McDonald, I hope you guys don't accept any reps. ZI'ing your entire AA would be much more fun.
[/quote]
You're gonna need a bigger boat.

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1324174188' post='2880822']

[/quote]
Posture, posture, posture.

You won't be ZI'ing the whole alliance and neither you nor Vlad will be imposing any draconian terms on GOD. Vladimir doesn't have the power and no one else has the balls.

[quote name='TheDoctor' timestamp='1324185963' post='2880965']
Posture, posture, posture.

You won't be ZI'ing the whole alliance and neither you nor Vlad will be imposing any draconian terms on GOD. Vladimir doesn't have the power and no one else has the balls.
[/quote]

ZIing someone in war doesn't actually require some sort of special effort or draconian terms...it's the natural product of a prolonged war. As we've been able to stagger all but a couple smaller nuclear nations, most or all of them will hit ZI at some point. Heck, many of us will, as well.

As it stands, 33 (I believe) of GOD's 94 nations have dropped below the 1000 infra rebuy threshold ten days in. The only reason that some in GOD won't hit ZI, if this goes on for more than a couple more weeks, is that they are either in peace mode or have smallish tech totals which results in them dropping below our current nuclear range.

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1324186574' post='2880973']
ZIing someone in war doesn't actually require some sort of special effort or draconian terms...it's the natural product of a prolonged war. As we've been able to stagger all but a couple smaller nuclear nations, most or all of them will hit ZI at some point. Heck, many of us will, as well.

As it stands, 33 (I believe) of GOD's 94 nations have dropped below the 1000 infra rebuy threshold ten days in. The only reason that some in GOD won't hit ZI, if this goes on for more than a couple more weeks, is that they are either in peace mode or have smallish tech totals which results in them dropping below our current nuclear range.
[/quote]
I am quite aware of the natural course of alliance wars but I don't even think FAN was ever completely ZI'ed as an alliance which makes the claim laughable.

That aside what I am pretty sure he was implying with that post was that it would be fun to keep GOD in an eternal war. That will also not happen.

[quote name='TheDoctor' timestamp='1324186855' post='2880977']

That aside what I am pretty sure he was implying with that post was that it would be fun to keep GOD in an eternal war. That will also not happen.
[/quote]

Of course it won't happen, and no, he's not implying that we're going to hold GOD in an eternal war...we'll continue nuking them and them us until terms are mutually agreed upon, [i]which is what happens in every war[/i], and if Kevin McDonald is correct and they will not accept any terms, pretty much every nation in war mode will probably reach ZI before peace is reached. If they bring those nations out of peace mode, they too will reach ZI. Result: everyone fighting will get to, or close to, ZI. Quelle horreur!

Heh, can't say that I ever expected the day when someone would be wringing their hands at the supposed evil-doings of the !@#$@#$ Basketball Ninjas, Sandwich Confederation and NEAT.

[quote name='Ameris' timestamp='1323875689' post='2877805']
Vladimir, what happened to your awesome airplane? You used to fly around that thing all the time. Now, it just seems like you are always angry. Maybe if someone gets you back that plane you will be happy again

Now, back to the topic at hand.

There are far worse people on bob right now than GOD.

We are going through a significant war that will solidify one's side and make them more powerful than WUT could only dream of.

I ask you, please, help us. Help us fight them. We need people like you.
[/quote]
I still can't believe Ameris is defending us. Any of you old enough to know why I think this should find this thought pretty sobering.

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1324186574' post='2880973']

[/quote]
thing is, you know have a bunch of guys sitting in your middle tier with enormous tech levels, WRCs, and warchests.

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1324187191' post='2880982']
Of course it won't happen, and no, he's not implying that we're going to hold GOD in an eternal war...we'll continue nuking them and them us until terms are mutually agreed upon, [i]which is what happens in every war[/i], and if Kevin McDonald is correct and they will not accept any terms, pretty much every nation in war mode will probably reach ZI before peace is reached. If they bring those nations out of peace mode, they too will reach ZI. Result: everyone fighting will get to, or close to, ZI. Quelle horreur!

Heh, can't say that I ever expected the day when someone would be wringing their hands at the supposed evil-doings of the !@#$@#$ Basketball Ninjas, Sandwich Confederation and NEAT.
[/quote]
I didn't say you were doing anything evil or were going to hold GOD to eternal war (in fact I know that you wont) I was pointing out that bcortell was just posturing and talking nonsense when he said

"I hope you guys don't accept any reps. ZI'ing your entire AA would be much more fun." He was trying to be a tough guy and it was pretty laughable. That's all.