What should my terms for GOD be?

Vladimir Stukov II

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1324960359' post='2886977']

If it's any consolation, Krack, I don't really think I'm that respected anymore.

[/quote]

Bah, there are those people that only respect people who agree with them, and then there are those that respect people who deserve respect. Having the respect of that first group truly doesn't even matter.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1324966516' post='2887084']
When the winds change you see your true friends.
[/quote]

Quoted for the absolute truth contained in its content.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1324960359' post='2886977']
If it's any consolation, I don't really think I'm that respected anymore.
[/quote]

This one I paraphrased slightly and disagree with wholeheartedly. You give yourself far too little credit here.

One problem with your logic. If the "meatshields" got everything they wanted for Christmas in order to help MK get at XX, were they the ones used or was MK used? I just don't get the argument here. Those handful of butthurt MJ alliances got what they wanted, so...they are puppets?

*EDIT* and yeah, Valhalla declared war on NpO in support of IRON. SF were the ones who decided to jump on us and escalate it up.

Edited by Aeros

Yeah, it really makes no sense. This war is more or less just various alliances that happen to be treatied, whether directly or through chains, having a big list of problems with various alliances that also happen to be treatied and/or chained. The web's breaking down nicely this war unless you're one of a couple alliances like FOK or VE. Also, MK was far from the only alliance that wanted XX torched. I imagine NPO wanted that as much as anyone.

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1324994443' post='2887245']
One problem with your logic. If the "meatshields" got everything they wanted for Christmas in order to help MK get at XX, were they the ones used or was MK used? I just don't get the argument here. Those handful of butthurt MJ alliances got what they wanted, so...they are puppets?

*EDIT* and yeah, Valhalla declared war on NpO in support of IRON. SF were the ones who decided to jump on us and escalate it up.
[/quote]
Perhaps those butthurt MJ alliances knew that MK wanted to take down XX and that TOP wanted to hit NpO so they used that to their own advantage in order to get their showdown with SuperFriends. WHO'S PLAYING WHO?!?!?!

:unsure:

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1324990972' post='2887216']
Krack is the best argument yet for investigating how the forum ignore feature works. Considering XX are primarily in this war because [i]they pre-emptively jumped into it[/i] you have absolutely zero ground to stand on there.
[/quote]

Are you still TOP's Minister of Propaganda or do you quit that gig yet? Bob, nobody cares what you think. You may be the only person in the history of Cybernations who's never once put the best interests of his own alliance membership (regardless of what alliance it happened to be at the time) ahead of TOP's. Your credibility flatlined years ago.

[img]http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss93/alohaalliance/Aloha/AlohaProp/baghdadbobjanova.png[/img]
[size="1"]
[i]VE member Bob Janova pines longingly for the adoration of TOP from his desk at VE, circa February 2010.[/i][/size]

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1324994443' post='2887245']
One problem with your logic. If the "meatshields" got everything they wanted for Christmas in order to help MK get at XX, [b]were they the ones used or was MK used?[/b] I just don't get the argument here. Those handful of butthurt MJ alliances got what they wanted, so...they are puppets?*EDIT* and yeah, Valhalla declared war on NpO in support of IRON. SF were the ones who decided to jump on us and escalate it up.
[/quote]

[img]http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss93/alohaalliance/Aloha/AlohaProp/mjolnernominal.png[/img]

When you're getting your rears kicked in by your allies over summer break (maybe even spring break), let me know.

Edited by Krack

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1325012211' post='2887375']
I think as their terms, they agree to never ask for reps again or ask any terms of alliances any harsher than what's being asked of them, which would just be not to force reps out of others later if GOD is let off the hook.
[/quote]

Would you like a marshmallow with that rainbow or should I just give it to the unicorn?

[quote name='Bill Wallace' timestamp='1325012837' post='2887381']
Would you like a marshmallow with that rainbow or should I just give it to the unicorn?
[/quote]
You can give it to the unicorn, but harsh reps will just mean GOD when they recover giving out harsher reps to whoever they beat, then the cycle continues until someone gives harsh enough reps it completely cripples or destroys an alliance.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1325016939' post='2887415']
You can give it to the unicorn, but harsh reps will just mean GOD when they recover giving out harsher reps to whoever they beat, then the cycle continues until someone gives harsh enough reps it completely cripples or destroys an alliance.
[/quote]
So what you're saying is our reps have to be so harsh that they completely cripple or destroy GOD?

Edited by bcortell

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1325020589' post='2887447']
So what you're saying is our reps have to be so harsh that they completely cripple or destroy GOD?
[/quote]
If you just give them harsh reps without crippling them, I'm sure they'll hold a grudge and try getting reps out of you later on unless you keep knocking them down again.

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1325012229' post='2887376']
When you're getting your rears kicked in by your allies over summer break (maybe even spring break), let me know.
[/quote]

Ill wager you tech right now that none of Valhalla's current and direct allies will be attacking us during your above mentioned time frame....

Easiest tech ill make this year.

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1325029619' post='2887591']
Ill wager you tech right now that none of Valhalla's current and direct allies will be attacking us during your above mentioned time frame....

Easiest tech ill make this year.
[/quote]

You mean you're dumping the rest of Mjolnir when the powerbrokers decide it's the "Germanic imperialist"* alliances' time to go? Color me shocked. There's only four possibilities on the horizon:

1. Destroy the neutrals
2. Destroy disloyal meatshields (VE, FOK, etc)
3. Destroy the loyal meatshields they find distasteful (guess who?)
4. Full blown world war splitting the Hegemony

Since there's going to be a war at spring break, and there's going to be a war over the summer, and there's going to be a war at Thanksgiving ... simple logic states Mjolnir is screwed by the end of 2012. And since the first two options will barely be a skirmish ... and the last guy who waited for TOP or IRON to competently pursue a non-"jump on the back of other alliance leaders who are actually good at foreign policy" looks like this ...

[img]http://twentydollars.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/photo_14_hires.jpg[/img]

... and Ardus flat out saying he has no loyalty to your bloc whatsoever, I wouldn't be anticipating a lengthy period of peace.

:smug:

But, hey, you guys keep paying no attention to the man behind the curtain - it's working out swell for you.

[size="1"]*Euphamism, of course[/size]

EDIT: punctuation

Edited by Krack

Also, I'd like to tone down my language about NSO. They saw it as one war and RV was pretty honest about what went down. They took heavy damage themselves intentionally by going all out so they weren't really doing anything that bad, so I don't really fault them too much.

On another tack, it's kind of funny. IAA hits VE, iFOK absorbs TIO, while the other AAs get countered, no CSN-LoSS, no DT-Legacy.

Edited by Roquentin

Hey, it's a long time since I got a Baghdad Bob picture! Thanks!

(By the way anyone who even vaguely remembers the old Citadel days will tell you that I had some pretty big arguments with TOP leadership. But I guess no-one is taking you seriously anyway so why bother entering into a fact-based discussion?)

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1325032346' post='2887635']
Also, I'd like to tone down my language about NSO. They saw it as one war and RV was pretty honest about what went down. They took heavy damage themselves intentionally by going all out so they weren't really doing anything that bad, so I don't really fault them too much.
[/quote]
To be fair, several alliances were like us in that regard. We all knew it was part of the same war, but for rhetoric and propaganda purposes during the war, it was easier to try and spin it the other way. Once the war was over (and even during, since we were all extremely frustrated) we didn't have to pretend otherwise anymore. I could go on and on about all the dumb !@#$ that happened on that front during the war, but this isn't the place for it.

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1325030919' post='2887616']
You mean you're dumping the rest of Mjolnir when the powerbrokers decide it's the "Germanic imperialist"* [/quote]

Stopped reading here. No point in continuing past.

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1324788514' post='2886021']
There was also a time when SuperFriends, particularly Xiphosis, were so preoccupied with fighting the shell of a coalition that was NPO's circle of influence that they failed to realize their security was slowly slipping away, and Xiph's personal vendettas were certainly a catalyst for that.
[/quote]

Getting back on topic. The thing is, that whole thing was BS, which Delta has admitted, even though they did prevent NPO from getting treaties with member alliances. When the time came to follow through, none of them did. In fact, they outright refused. They also did some dumb moves like the fake war with Valhalla, which would raise enmity in a less stigmatized sector. So when NoR came through and they didn't, they made an alliance they had boogeyified into a hero.

addendum: about NPO, they should make Jasmine Emperor or Empress. I'm kind of sorry about not believing her on a certain issue.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1325091026' post='2888007']
Stopped reading here. No point in continuing past.
[/quote]

[img]http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss93/alohaalliance/Aloha/AlohaProp/mjolnirsand.png[/img]

When people from Mjolnir post, I hear [url="http://youtu.be/1D5Sa2Yq-2g"]clown music[/url]. As great a job as Ardus and Roquentin did organizing and creating this situation, it's posts like these that make me say "eh, maybe it's not that hard to do."

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1325105416' post='2888160']
Getting back on topic. The thing is, that whole thing was BS, which Delta has admitted, even though they did prevent NPO from getting treaties with member alliances. When the time came to follow through, none of them did. In fact, they outright refused. They also did some dumb moves like the fake war with Valhalla, which would raise enmity in a less stigmatized sector. So when NoR came through and they didn't, they made an alliance they had boogeyified into a hero.

addendum: about NPO, they should make Jasmine Emperor or Empress. I'm kind of sorry about not believing her on a certain issue.
[/quote]

Roquentin are you referring to the DoomHouse pre-empt on NPO earlier this year?
I'm pretty sure RIA would have defended VE or the International if they had been countered and asked us to defend them, though I am unaware if anyone asked us to oA in.