Citizens United

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1318559690' post='2824437']
Since when did we have respectable members?
[/quote]
All respectable Sith joined CoJ. All both of them.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1318561199' post='2824496']
As did RoK. We invited (and still invite) Legion's allies to attack us for our actions. Of course, now it would be quite hypocritical of them.
[/quote]
How would it be hypocritical? Because they're also sending aid now? It can't be hypocritical if its in response to your support of Tetris and Tetris' allies.

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1318564174' post='2824562']
MHA (and likely others) did during UjW. I used to get about 1 mill and then pass along the other 2 million. I'm positive that's changed since then though. If I remember correctly, it was common at the time still. (Not an MHA bash, just my frame of reference)
[/quote]
MHA still used banks at least until last year, a supplicant to CoJ listed his position in his previous alliance, MHA, as banker. I don't laugh it off as outdated or not, I just see it as different strategies for different models. MHA is the size that they cannot possibly develope all or even most of their nations to their peak abilities, so, they have this bank system to compensate. When you get down into 150 or less, it becomes more possible to develope most or all nations to their peak, and you can get away from the bank concept. The decline of bankers is in tandem with the decline of alliance size, but while we're all down here in present reality, MHA is still huge.

Edited by Schattenmann

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1318601965' post='2824881']
Acts of war are in the eyes of the individual. We(TLR and GATO) set forth a policy beforehand in this conflict, that we would aid IAA, and we would not consider any aid from Legion allies to be an act of war. However, there was no official policy allowing non-allies to freely aid an alliance at war with my allies in IAA. If, and when, such a situation arises, we will discuss our response and act accordingly.
[/quote]
Maybe Kaskus should sign a PIAT with Legion. :v:

[quote name='Lord Boris' timestamp='1318600536' post='2824862']
As much as we love traditions, nope. Kaskus has no treaties with any of the BFF alliances (and given their whole bit how they split from their prior alliances, my guess is no such treaties are likely any time soon).

We'll just have to aim for next year, Pingu :P
[/quote]

Curse you, treaty web!

Maybe ODN can declare on Europa for placing an agent inside ODN. We could have our own private war. It would be good times.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1318603620' post='2824894']
[/quote]

Maybe Kaskus should keep their grubby little nose out of places where it doesn't belong. :v:

Edited by Jgoods45

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1318603620' post='2824894']
[/quote]

So hang on here a second, you guys say allies right? what about allies of allies? as we are very close to an ally of The Legion which is why we are willing to help them out if IT IS REQUESTED.

unlike most alliances in CN, we will fight for what we believe in.

[quote name='Lord Caparo' timestamp='1318603980' post='2824902']
So hang on here a second, you guys say allies right? what about allies of allies? as we are very close to an ally of The Legion which is why we are willing to help them out if IT IS REQUESTED.

[/quote]

Allies of allies aren't allies of Legion. We don't have policy for non-allies aiding Legion. If that happens, then we'll go from there.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1318603240' post='2824890']

How would it be hypocritical? Because they're also sending aid now?
[/quote]
Yes.
We aid, they declare..we're all good.
We aid, they aid... we're all good.
We aid, they aid and then declare? Hypocritical.

[quote name='Lord Caparo' timestamp='1318603980' post='2824902']

[/quote]

Lets just cut to the chase.... Aid them and find out... Balls in your court. Put up, or shut up.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1318604371' post='2824907']
Lets just cut to the chase.... Aid them and find out... Balls in your court. Put up, or shut up.
[/quote]

then we'll just do what we originally stated and you tools twisted into this.

If Legion requests it, we'll do it.

[quote name='Lord Caparo' timestamp='1318604730' post='2824911']
then we'll just do what we originally stated and you tools twisted into this.

If Legion requests it, we'll do it.
[/quote]

So I guess we wait for your good pals in Legion to request help again eh?

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1318604994' post='2824913']
So I guess we wait for your good pals in Legion to request help again eh?
[/quote]

if you two "huge" alliances choose to try and destroy a 250k ns alliance then go for it.

seems like a hassle for you guys if you have to resort to waiting for us to stuff up.

[quote name='Lord Caparo' timestamp='1318605091' post='2824915']
if you two "huge" alliances choose to try and destroy a 250k ns alliance then go for it.

seems like a hassle for you guys if you have to resort to waiting for us to stuff up.
[/quote]

Tbh, I have no interest in "destroying" your alliance. Nor do I have any interest in allowing you to help damage my allies in IAA when you clearly have no dog in the race.

[quote name='Lord Caparo' timestamp='1318605091' post='2824915']

[/quote]

Well you said you would only aid Legion if they requested it so.... ya, we are going to wait for you and Legion to make all the necessary moves and when the deed is finally done, we will discuss how to respond.

[quote name='Valtamdraugr' timestamp='1318604320' post='2824906']
Yes.
We aid, they declare..we're all good.
We aid, they aid... we're all good.
We aid, they aid and then declare? Hypocritical.
[/quote]
I'm going to have to recommend a dictionary to Rok. Your aid is a CB, Legion's allies can table it, or respond to it. If they respond, their response is at their discretion and they have options on a wide array. Regardless of how they respond, it is just that: a response--a reaction--to your act of war on Legion, their ally.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='dev0win' timestamp='1318590086' post='2824780']
I had no "OMG ITS FIVE AGAINST ONE!" logic. Clearly you are biased. A 10% lead is significant. Most people wouldn't expect Legion to be able to take on a lesser force let alone one superior in numbers and strength. Furthermore legion is a very bottom heavy alliance having only 2 nations at or above the 100k rank. Don't downplay this because NSO is getting torn up RV.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Actually, compared to NSO Legion has a rather formidable upper tier. Perhaps you are bottom heavy, but in the ranks that matter you do have a slight advantage.[/color]

Didnt GATO fight NEW awhile back and get its ass rocked? Or am I thinking about another alliance.

Remember when GATO restricted most of its members from posting on the OWF for fear of the kick-back from it?

Although GATO I am very happy to see you have more than 5 guys over 100k, seriously I always hated being one of the few there. Also why do you have 47 nations in peace mode?

[quote name='Greg23' timestamp='1318607048' post='2824932']
Didnt GATO fight NEW awhile back and get its ass rocked? Or am I thinking about another alliance. [/quote]

We almost fought NEW from what I remember during the Bi-Polar war iirc.

[quote]Remember when GATO restricted most of its members from posting on the OWF for fear of the kick-back from it? [/quote]

All too well.

[quote]Although GATO I am very happy to see you have more than 5 guys over 100k, seriously I always hated being one of the few there. Also why do you have 47 nations in peace mode?
[/quote]

It it nice to see us getting a decent to good upper tier and to the 47 nations in PM, I have no clue.

[quote name='Laserwolf' timestamp='1318607684' post='2824939']
We almost fought NEW from what I remember during the Bi-Polar war iirc.

All too well.

It it nice to see us getting a decent to good upper tier and to the 47 nations in PM, I have no clue.
[/quote]
See I love laserwolf just because he can answer questions in a non-hostile manner :P I feel like others would have been like "rabble rabble rabble we'll roll NEW this time, rabble rabble rabble"
I guess I was wrong about NEW, I remember something about war happening or almost happening, I remember many people were worried about it.
Also laser, I love your ratio..

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1318582406' post='2824748']
Just for the record when this started ala Legion vs Tetris, it was damn near 5:1, then 3:1 and finally almost 1:1. While it is no longer that number, it wasn't just pulled out of the air. Fair is fair after all.
[/quote]

I was actually referring to the opposite: the number of alliances arrayed against Legion. Your point is also a very valid one, however.

[quote name='Greg23' timestamp='1318608158' post='2824943']
See I love laserwolf just because he can answer questions in a non-hostile manner :P I feel like others would have been like "rabble rabble rabble we'll roll NEW this time, rabble rabble rabble"
I guess I was wrong about NEW, I remember something about war happening or almost happening, I remember many people were worried about it.
Also laser, I love your ratio..
[/quote]

A little quip I try to live by:

A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

You're getting there Greg - as I keep pushing my ration, you'll work harder to catch me. ;)

Edited by Laserwolf

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' timestamp='1318558684' post='2824404']
"Knives, Napalm, Nukes" - You gotta admit it has a ring to it.
[/quote]

I would love it if CN allowed us to have Napalm.

But I don't see a problem with this at all, Polaris are just doing what any self respecting ally would do.

I wonder if this will kick off something interesting?