Citizens United

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Greg23' timestamp='1318607048' post='2824932']
Didnt GATO fight NEW awhile back and get its ass rocked? Or am I thinking about another alliance.

Remember when GATO restricted most of its members from posting on the OWF for fear of the kick-back from it?

Although GATO I am very happy to see you have more than 5 guys over 100k, seriously I always hated being one of the few there. Also why do you have 47 nations in peace mode?
[/quote]

GATO was slated to possible declare on NEW during the Blue Balls conflict, but that never happened.

Yes, and how terribly misguided that was. It leads to situations like you see in this thread where people have no understanding of GATO as an alliance.

Look at who is actually in peace mode, you should be smart enough to figure out why Greg :P

Edit: Also GATO/TLR, I am disappoint. You put a CB in the laps of Polar allies with the aid (I'm guessing on purpose.) When they reciprocated, why on earth would you let them send aid to Legion when you know it will prolong this conflict and cause your allies more damage? You know I don't care about warmongering etc, but they gave you a pretty clear CB which you are letting them get away with. Seems pretty silly to me.

Edited by kerschbs

[quote name='R3nowned' timestamp='1318601022' post='2824868']
This is :awesome:

GATO is either 1) finally trying to make its voice heard (and having it misunderstood - epic fail)

Either way, fail.
[/quote]

It's not really my fault that we are constantly besieged by know-nothings, although I am willing to start communicating through cave paintings, grunting and hand gestures if you'd like?

[quote name='kerschbs' timestamp='1318610273' post='2824968']
Edit: Also GATO/TLR, I am disappoint. You put a CB in the laps of Polar allies with the aid (I'm guessing on purpose.) When they reciprocated, why on earth would you let them send aid to Legion when you know it will prolong this conflict and cause your allies more damage? You know I don't care about warmongering etc, but they gave you a pretty clear CB which you are letting them get away with. Seems pretty silly to me.
[/quote]

Well, as we pointed out in our thread...

[quote]
We will aid their nations as they fight and as they win. We encourage Legion's allies to do the same.[/quote]

So I guess that answers the question :P

[quote name='kerschbs' timestamp='1318610273' post='2824968']
GATO was slated to possible declare on NEW during the Blue Balls conflict, but that never happened.

Yes, and how terribly misguided that was. It leads to situations like you see in this thread where people have no understanding of GATO as an alliance.

Look at who is actually in peace mode, you should be smart enough to figure out why Greg :P

[/quote]

Stupid banks.....seriously why be a bank in a game, you miss all the wars, have to sit in hippy, and then have to waste slots for aid to rebuild everyone. Almost like being a neutral.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1318605984' post='2824926']
I'm going to have to recommend a dictionary to Rok. Your aid is a CB, Legion's allies can table it, or respond to it. If they respond, their response is at their discretion and they have options on a wide array. Regardless of how they respond, it is just that: a response--a reaction--to your act of war on Legion, their ally.
[/quote]
This does not detract from the opinion that to respond militarily to what can be considered a CB after already responding in kind with like action(aiding the combatants financially), could be considered hypocritical.

Like I said, either way, we're good.

[quote name='Valtamdraugr' timestamp='1318613359' post='2824990']
This does not detract from the opinion that to respond militarily to what can be considered a CB after already responding in kind with like action(aiding the combatants financially), could be considered hypocritical.

Like I said, either way, we're good.
[/quote]

But its a [b]reaction[/b], to your actions. So I wouldn't say it is hypocritical. I would say that RoK/GATO/TLR ( or whoever sent the aid ) would be hypocrites if they attacked Polaris on the grounds that they sent out aid to their allies in war time.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1318583950' post='2824753']
To be fair IAA didn't ask for our aid we kinda just surprised them with it....Legion apparently had to request the aid.
[/quote]

They need it worse then anyone. Their performance in this war has been laughable, except for the fact that my allies in the Sith are on the line for a bunch of pathetic alliances.

[quote name='Robster83' timestamp='1318613687' post='2824994']
But its a [b]reaction[/b], to your actions. So I wouldn't say it is hypocritical. I would say that RoK/GATO/TLR ( or whoever sent the aid ) would be hypocrites if they attacked Polaris on the grounds that they sent out aid to their allies in war time.
[/quote]
No.. it would be. Because they reacted by sending aid themselves. If they then declared with "aiding the enemy" as CB, then they are in fact responding militarily to an act they themselves were party to. If they had "reacted" militarily, without sending aid, they would not be party to the offense which they consider CB.

Let me run an edit on your quote:

[quote]I would say that *whoever sent the aid* would be hypocrites if they attacked *the other* on the grounds that they sent out aid to their allies in war time.[/quote]

Better?

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1318611628' post='2824978']
Well, as we pointed out in our thread...

So I guess that answers the question :P
[/quote]

Yes, but this is a ridiculous answer. You aided your allies knowing it was an act of war, and that is the chance you take. Now, Legion's allies have responded in kind, and instead of declaring on them to limit the amount of assistance the can provide to Legion, you are going to let them continue to aid them unhindered and that allows them to nuke IAA for longer periods of time.

Seems counter productive in the end. I know you want war, you know you want war, and basically every other alliance in CN wants war. Either stop NpO from sending aid diplomatically, or pull the trigger and give them something more important to worry about.

Edited by kerschbs

[quote name='kerschbs' timestamp='1318620174' post='2825063']
Yes, but this is a ridiculous answer. You aided your allies knowing it was an act of war, and that is the chance you take. Now, Legion's allies have responded in kind, and instead of declaring on them to limit the amount of assistance the can provide to Legion, you are going to let them continue to aid them unhindered and that allows them to nuke IAA for longer periods of time.

Seems counter productive in the end. I know you want war, you know you want war, and basically every other alliance in CN wants war. Either stop NpO from sending aid diplomatically, or pull the trigger and give them something more important to worry about.
[/quote]
See Krab here is what you dont know. GATO hates NSO, well dislikes them. They know IAA isnt really in this war, they have 10 active wars. They want NpO to aid Legion to help destroy NSO!! It makes sense, its GATO's master plan!! Plus it was win-win-lose. Win: they get to potentially hit NpO. Win: they get to feel good about themselves saying they are aiding an ally in need / they will never go to war on side of NSO. Lose: They're trying too hard to be the cool kids on the block.

Also this is all a joke, I dont think GATO hates NSO.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1318606892' post='2824929']
[color="#0000FF"]Actually, compared to NSO Legion has a rather formidable upper tier. Perhaps you are bottom heavy, but in the ranks that matter you do have a slight advantage.[/color]
[/quote]

"You do have a slight advantage"?

Pardon? I'm not Legion or even allied to them, a neutral onlooker if you will. And just because NSO has no upper tier does not mean Legion's is formidable, in fact that comparison is horribly out of context. Did you forget about the other 4 alliances you are assisting? I'm sure that's a quote worth sigging though lol.

[quote]"Legion has a rather formidable upper tier"[/quote] -Rebel Virginia 10/14/2011
You heard it here first folks... or perhaps a few lines up =)

Edited by dev0win

[quote name='dev0win' timestamp='1318625622' post='2825106']
"You do have a slight advantage"?

Pardon? I'm not Legion or even allied to them, a neutral onlooker if you will. And just because NSO has no upper tier does not mean Legion's is formidable, in fact that comparison is horribly out of context. Did you forget about the other 4 alliances you are assisting? I'm sure that's a quote worth sigging though lol.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Two alliances. IAA and BTA, although I know I shouldn't be saying this (as it would be rather impolite) are completely useless. A few of them might be sending out aid or even actually fighting, but most of IAA is against this war (I cannot say I blame them for not fighting a war that most of them don't think they should be in), and I am not even sure what BTA is doing. But no, this war is mostly NSO, Tetris, and NsO.

Also, I never said Legion was Umbrella, but NSO has had a piss poor "upper tier" since 6 Mil. NSO's #40 nation is 18k NS. Legion's #40 nation is is about 50k NS. So chew on that simple fact before you go talking out of your behind. My comparison is quite on the mark, and is very in context. Thank you very much.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Gofastleft' timestamp='1318625447' post='2825102']
Good to see Polar stepping up and calling TLR, GATO,Asraard and Rok's bluff. Bet they didn't expect it.
[/quote]

There was no bluff involved. We meant everything we said in our post. So far we have lived up to it.

Also, The Big Bad has forgotten at who's side I learned to be an ass.

Another thing, I never threatened anyone. I just gave them some facts to consider before they acted on their threat.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1318626581' post='2825122']
Also, The Big Bad has forgotten at who's side I learned to be an ass.
[/quote]

So now we know who to blame. :P

But yes there was no bluff involved in anything. We set out to aid an ally and that is what we have done.

EDIT: Grammar

Edited by Laserwolf

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1318626581' post='2825122']
There was no bluff involved. We meant everything we said in our post. So far we have lived up to it.

[/quote]

I have heard more than one person speculate that you (collective you) did not think Polar would do anything because of fear of giving somebody a reason to hit them. Of course those are just CN rumors/speculations so I will take your word on it.